Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anybody who argues the GA is weak in the tri-state area but won't admit it's exactly the same for the ECNL is not being honest. Look at the results and goal scoring differences. I know, your kid "left a GA team and is so happy to being playing in the ECNL and your happy to be out of that mess". You're so full of it. Unless they went to PDA Blue you're full of s&*t because every other NJ ECNL team is on par with every GA team in the state. How pathetic is your life that you come on an anonymous message forum posting things about a soccer league that your daughter supposedly left? Are you that nice of a person that you're warning people to stay away from the big bad GA or have you been spurned by either SJEB, STA or CSA and you're living vicariously through the mirage of a concerned ECNL parent. Either way, come up with a new way to utilize your time instead of attacking a league full of girls playing soccer.
    Thank you. I bet you most of these ECNL > GA discussions were started by folks with a visited interests in recruiting or pulling cash flows towards club branches in areas where a GA presence is established. I doubt this forum had all this discussion about which league is better than that league prior to the DA coming apart and that particular groups of people leaving to start new branches of a club were and are pushing this narrative.

GA just finished a tournament at IMG Academy yesterday in Bradenton FL. List of college coaches that attended was impressive. If your kid performs at a high level on any quality soccer platform they will be noticed in my opinion.

Comment

Anybody who argues the GA is weak in the tri-state area but won't admit it's exactly the same for the ECNL is not being honest. Look at the results and goal scoring differences. I know, your kid "left a GA team and is so happy to being playing in the ECNL and your happy to be out of that mess". You're so full of it. Unless they went to PDA Blue you're full of s&*t because every other NJ ECNL team is on par with every GA team in the state. How pathetic is your life that you come on an anonymous message forum posting things about a soccer league that your daughter supposedly left? Are you that nice of a person that you're warning people to stay away from the big bad GA or have you been spurned by either SJEB, STA or CSA and you're living vicariously through the mirage of a concerned ECNL parent. Either way, come up with a new way to utilize your time instead of attacking a league full of girls playing soccer.
      GA is a sinking ship. Everyone can see that except the used car salesmen at the GA clubs promising the "leading youth development platform for the best female soccer players in the United States"

Comment

GA is a sinking ship. Everyone can see that except the used car salesmen at the GA clubs promising the "leading youth development platform for the best female soccer players in the United States"
        Case in point.

Comment

While true that both are weak when compared to the rest of their league bottom ECNL teams still have a slight advantage.

The bottom half of ECNL teams in NE and NA may not be much better then the top 2/3rds of GA BUT they still get the chance to play better teams which ultimately helps the player more then beating some of the bottom teams in GA.

Comment

Thank you. I bet you most of these ECNL > GA discussions were started by folks with a visited interests in recruiting or pulling cash flows towards club branches in areas where a GA presence is established. I doubt this forum had all this discussion about which league is better than that league prior to the DA coming apart and that particular groups of people leaving to start new branches of a club were and are pushing this narrative.

GA just finished a tournament at IMG Academy yesterday in Bradenton FL. List of college coaches that attended was impressive. If your kid performs at a high level on any quality soccer platform they will be noticed in my opinion.
            There are ECNL vs GAL debates on every state board within TS. It has been one of the hottest topics in youth soccer since the DA disbanded in April 2020 and it has been fascinating to see how both organizations have evolved over the last year. If people didn't care to discuss, the threads would drop like everything else does.

Comment

Please explain to me how 2 training sessions at ECNL that consist of scrimmaging is "superior development".

The "used car salesmen" or not, the development threshold is very low bar to cross. The competitive environment of being in the same team with 24 players is what separates ECNL from GAL.

Comment

Yet you're on here posting also. So what does that make you? Obviously you are a parent of a GAL kid and you feel the need to defend.

Heres the deal. Like many on here I am a parent of a kid who went to a club for DA. DA screwed all of us when they folded. The players and the clubs both got screwed. We were handed a line of crap about GAL from our DOC and what it was supposed to be. They are telling parents anything to keep the players. We chose to leave to go to an ECNL team because we see that GAL is no where near what DA was. I shared my experience with other parents on here. Make your own decisions. But if you think GAL is on par with ECNL you are sadly mistaken. The clubs know it too thats why they are all trying so hard to get into ECNL. And Ive got news for you, the GAL Club you are at right now has definitely applied for ECNL. They all have applied and every one of the GAL clubs would absolutely go to ECNL if they were accepted

Comment

Yet you're on here posting also. So what does that make you? Obviously you are a parent of a GAL kid and you feel the need to defend.

Heres the deal. Like many on here I am a parent of a kid who went to a club for DA. DA screwed all of us when they folded. The players and the clubs both got screwed. We were handed a line of crap about GAL from our DOC and what it was supposed to be. They are telling parents anything to keep the players. We chose to leave to go to an ECNL team because we see that GAL is no where near what DA was. I shared my experience with other parents on here. Make your own decisions. But if you think GAL is on par with ECNL you are sadly mistaken. The clubs know it too thats why they are all trying so hard to get into ECNL. And Ive got news for you, the GAL Club you are at right now has definitely applied for ECNL. They all have applied and every one of the GAL clubs would absolutely go to ECNL if they were accepted
                  This isn't my comment that you commented on but I'm going to assume a few things...you're definitely a Match Fit Shore 09 parent who was fed a line of b.s. by your coach about the ECNL and the prospects of getting a badge and how the DA screwed you over and how the GA was so far below your teams standards that there was no way you could stay at CSA. Btw, you're team isn't in the ECNL yet and the drama that's going to occur when you unseat some of the Match Fit North 09 players is going to be epic. RT is scrambling right now, practicing at Monmouth Regional and Mercer (have to keep the PA players happy) but wait until the fall when he has to appease families from Match Fit North as well. Sorry to say, but there's only 5 field players and the goalie from the Shore team right now that are pretty much guaranteed spots for the ECNL team. Do you think those North 09 players are just going to accept ECRL relegation? Also, the poster said that any other team besides PDA Blue is on par with every GA team in the state. PDA South, PDA White and Match Fit North teams are very comparable to any SJEB, STA and CSA teams. Anyone that argues this simply isn't being honest. Of course teams applied to the ECNL when the DA collapsed. Did you expect any different? DA Teams were without a league. The process proved to be a joke because as soon as PDA South got approved it showed how much power MO and PDA have and it became obvious that no other clubs in NJ would get in. The fact that PDA North has 2 teams that play out of the same location but play in 2 different regions of the ECNL is a joke as well.

Comment

This isn't my comment that you commented on but I'm going to assume a few things...you're definitely a Match Fit Shore 09 parent who was fed a line of b.s. by your coach about the ECNL and the prospects of getting a badge and how the DA screwed you over and how the GA was so far below your teams standards that there was no way you could stay at CSA. Btw, you're team isn't in the ECNL yet and the drama that's going to occur when you unseat some of the Match Fit North 09 players is going to be epic. RT is scrambling right now, practicing at Monmouth Regional and Mercer (have to keep the PA players happy) but wait until the fall when he has to appease families from Match Fit North as well. Sorry to say, but there's only 5 field players and the goalie from the Shore team right now that are pretty much guaranteed spots for the ECNL team. Do you think those North 09 players are just going to accept ECRL relegation? Also, the poster said that any other team besides PDA Blue is on par with every GA team in the state. PDA South, PDA White and Match Fit North teams are very comparable to any SJEB, STA and CSA teams. Anyone that argues this simply isn't being honest. Of course teams applied to the ECNL when the DA collapsed. Did you expect any different? DA Teams were without a league. The process proved to be a joke because as soon as PDA South got approved it showed how much power MO and PDA have and it became obvious that no other clubs in NJ would get in. The fact that PDA North has 2 teams that play out of the same location but play in 2 different regions of the ECNL is a joke as well.

Your not even close. Save that MF shore nonsense for someone else. My kid is a teen and recruiting age. You have no idea how many families feel exactly as I do. A few years ago The best players were either going with DA or ECNL which was a whole nother debate 2 years ago. DA is gone and GAL is a rushed product that just isn't where my kid or other high level players want to be.

And your timeline is off my friend. DA collapsed and GAL was formed within a week. Which also tells me the clubs new about it which is messed up. I know for a fact our former club still applied for ECNL last year and again this year. I know for a fact thats the league our former club wants to be in but can't get in so are pushing (hard) GAL.
                    If you are satisfied with GAL then by all means stay with your club. I hope it works out for your kid. I really do. But when it comes to actual parents that are really concerned, there are a lot us. Some of us jumped last year. Some are doing the "wait and see" and some will be jumping now.

Good luck!

Comment

Your not even close. Save that MF shore nonsense for someone else. My kid is a teen and recruiting age. You have no idea how many families feel exactly as I do. A few years ago The best players were either going with DA or ECNL which was a whole nother debate 2 years ago. DA is gone and GAL is a rushed product that just isn't where my kid or other high level players want to be.

And your timeline is off my friend. DA collapsed and GAL was formed within a week. Which also tells me the clubs new about it which is messed up. I know for a fact our former club still applied for ECNL last year and again this year. I know for a fact thats the league our former club wants to be in but can't get in so are pushing (hard) GAL.
                      If you are satisfied with GAL then by all means stay with your club. I hope it works out for your kid. I really do. But when it comes to actual parents that are really concerned, there are a lot us. Some of us jumped last year. Some are doing the "wait and see" and some will be jumping now.

Good luck!
                      Thanks for having the courage and decency to speak out and tell the truth on here! Very little of that going on.

Comment

Good luck!
                        What’s ironic is that MO and PDA helped out GA as much as anyone by blocking SJEB, STA and CSA. Can you imagine GA in the Northeast without those clubs?

Comment

Good luck!
                          Ok. I'll bite. What team did your kid leave and where did they go? Surely it can't hurt to say on anonymous forum. The NJ teams that moved into the GAL didn't do so until after they were denied an ECNL bid so your thought that there was some conspiracy that they knew about isn't correct. Can you imagine being in one of the 2 top girls leagues in the country that was funded by US Soccer and then all of sudden they close their doors? What did you expect? They tried to get into the other top league being the ECNL and were denied because PDA and MO controlled who would receive the ECNL bid. Did you want these teams to play EDP or another local league after years in the DA? Of course not, they regrouped and chose to join the GAL and for what it's worth during a year filled with the pandemic it's proved to be pretty good and from what it looks like will improve. The GAL has good people running it and at least has a plan in place for the future. Is it the ECNL as far as team standards? Absolutely not, but it hasn't even been a full year. The question that seems to be important is why is the ECNL trying so hard to undermine it? If they aren't letting teams like CSA, SJEB and STA in why do they care so much about proving how bad the GA is?

Comment

What’s ironic is that MO and PDA helped out GA as much as anyone by blocking SJEB, STA and CSA. Can you imagine GA in the Northeast without those clubs?
                            Since when is CSA a top club in the NE? Ever heard of NEFC, Oakwood, PA Classics, FCV etc. if those clubs go then the GA will be toast in the NE.

Comment

Ok. I'll bite. What team did your kid leave and where did they go? Surely it can't hurt to say on anonymous forum. The NJ teams that moved into the GAL didn't do so until after they were denied an ECNL bid so your thought that there was some conspiracy that they knew about isn't correct. Can you imagine being in one of the 2 top girls leagues in the country that was funded by US Soccer and then all of sudden they close their doors? What did you expect? They tried to get into the other top league being the ECNL and were denied because PDA and MO controlled who would receive the ECNL bid. Did you want these teams to play EDP or another local league after years in the DA? Of course not, they regrouped and chose to join the GAL and for what it's worth during a year filled with the pandemic it's proved to be pretty good and from what it looks like will improve. The GAL has good people running it and at least has a plan in place for the future. Is it the ECNL as far as team standards? Absolutely not, but it hasn't even been a full year. The question that seems to be important is why is the ECNL trying so hard to undermine it? If they aren't letting teams like CSA, SJEB and STA in why do they care so much about proving how bad the GA is?
                              April 15, 2020 US Development Academy announced the termination of the their Boys and Girls Soccer Program

April 18th Girls Academy League was formed by DPL in light of DA collapse

April 25th Girls Academy League announces first wave of teams and conferences

You are very misinformed. These are facts. You can look this all up. Its not a conspiracy. These clubs very quickly formed GAL without any previous knowledge DA was folding? They did it in 3 days? Wow. They have you sold.
                              These clubs didn't even have time to apply for and be denied by ECNL. They committed to GAL then applied to ECNL then got denied. Some initial GAL teams did get ECNL and bailed from GAL.
                              You can look at this however you like but I call BS. And yes all of these clubs joined GAL because they had no other viable option (other than USYS) And because they had no other option it was an act of desperation. Its not DA and this is not an Elite League like they claim it to be. It is not even close to DA.

It doesn't matter who my kid is or who I am. There are others who have the same story as me. I didn't want to sit back and be fed more BS from the club about this awesome new league. We chose to move to a league with some history of success. If my kid was younger maybe I would have stuck around to give it a chance.

I will leave you with this again. If you are happy then thats all that matters. Stay wherever you are and enjoy. We made a decision that was best for us. You make the decision that is best for your player.

Comment

April 15, 2020 US Development Academy announced the termination of the their Boys and Girls Soccer Program

April 18th Girls Academy League was formed by DPL in light of DA collapse

April 25th Girls Academy League announces first wave of teams and conferences

You are very misinformed. These are facts. You can look this all up. Its not a conspiracy. These clubs very quickly formed GAL without any previous knowledge DA was folding? They did it in 3 days? Wow. They have you sold.
                                These clubs didn't even have time to apply for and be denied by ECNL. They committed to GAL then applied to ECNL then got denied. Some initial GAL teams did get ECNL and bailed from GAL.
                                You can look at this however you like but I call BS. And yes all of these clubs joined GAL because they had no other viable option (other than USYS) And because they had no other option it was an act of desperation. Its not DA and this is not an Elite League like they claim it to be. It is not even close to DA.

It doesn't matter who my kid is or who I am. There are others who have the same story as me. I didn't want to sit back and be fed more BS from the club about this awesome new league. We chose to move to a league with some history of success. If my kid was younger maybe I would have stuck around to give it a chance.

I will leave you with this again. If you are happy then thats all that matters. Stay wherever you are and enjoy. We made a decision that was best for us. You make the decision that is best for your player.
                                Super League like!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X