Thoughts on Western United?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid Club, put Parents are insane......they think every game is the Portugal World Cup.
    Curious about how many kids they send to college programs, anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Maxi & Federico are good coaches.
      English not either’s strong suit.
      Apparently neither is it yours.

Comment

WUP is nothing more than an overpriced travel level soccer club. They send no one to college. Literally not a single player has gone on to play in college from this soccer club. I guess if your aspirations are just to play mediocre soccer with your friends, this is an ok club for that. Definitely not for higher level players.

Comment

WUP is nothing more than an overpriced travel level soccer club. They send no one to college. Literally not a single player has gone on to play in college from this soccer club. I guess if your aspirations are just to play mediocre soccer with your friends, this is an ok club for that. Definitely not for higher level players.
          I actually coach for a competing club and have been in a bunch of State Cup finals over the past 10 years. I’m a big name in MA soccer. I disagree with this post. I’ve had plenty of great games against WUP teams over the years. It’s true that they never seem to get to the top of the heap or produce a lot of college players, but I think that is due to demographics, socio-economic class, etc. Saying it’s like town travel soccer is just totally wrong.

Comment

I actually coach for a competing club and have been in a bunch of State Cup finals over the past 10 years. I’m a big name in MA soccer. I disagree with this post. I’ve had plenty of great games against WUP teams over the years. It’s true that they never seem to get to the top of the heap or produce a lot of college players, but I think that is due to demographics, socio-economic class, etc. Saying it’s like town travel soccer is just totally wrong.
            Correction. The new era travel soccer. The old travel soccer is now more like Rec with what’s left of it.

Comment

No college recruits at all.... don’t blame the kids it all falls on the administration. That why so many kids leave for NEFC, Bolts, etc. 50 year old Portuguese men get first dibs at the stadium Instead of families paying $1600.00 for a field.

Comment

If this was 2005 then they would be considered the best choice out west, lots has changed since. NEFC does a great job with the youth teams and gives willing and able older players a chance to play for higher league teams. Nefc puts competitive teams on the field with good coaching and comparable facilities. Western United is MySpace.

Comment

On the girls side that’s where the quick road to nowhere is. Many better players leaving by u11/12

Comment

No college recruits at all.... don’t blame the kids it all falls on the administration. That why so many kids leave for NEFC, Bolts, etc. 50 year old Portuguese men get first dibs at the stadium Instead of families paying $1600.00 for a field.

The 50 year olds paid for the field

Comment

Parents are crazy! Don't get me wrong there are crazy parents everywhere but Western are the worst

Comment

Parents are crazy! Don't get me wrong there are crazy parents everywhere but Western are the worst
                        Hilarious, I’ve seen that exact comment in just about every “club” thread. So there is a coach or admin who has an ax to grind and this week it’s Westerns turn. Next week NEFC will have the worst parents, two weeks from that it will be the Bolts. Blah blah blah. Every club has some moron for parents or over zealous parents or overly passionate. Just let the kids play and don’t be one of those obnoxious parents, because you’re ruining it for your kid.

Comment

Older ages Western is the worst fan parents,followed by SSS who have flopping down to an art form with cry foul parents, then Fcstars Blue NEfc -GA tied for entitled dooshness parents.

Comment

If this was 2005 then they would be considered the best choice out west, lots has changed since. NEFC does a great job with the youth teams and gives willing and able older players a chance to play for higher league teams. Nefc puts competitive teams on the field with good coaching and comparable facilities. Western United is MySpace.
                            In the west for a single club Western is still the best option. They beat all of the western versions of any of the clubs. Sure there are one or two teams from the west that are better in one or two age groups but primarily Western comes out on top from clubs from the west. Now if you’re saying that the bolts or nefc programs as a whole are run better than western than I’d agree with you. All of the west versions of the big name clubs are financial feeders for their main clubs. The only thing they care about from their western satellites is when will the checks clear and cherry picking one or two best players off each team to fill their MLS Next or ECNL programs. This approach only further weakens their western satellite teams. If your child is that one or two type kid than pick someone other than Western. Otherwise if they aren’t, if you’re not willing to pay double the price or drive an hour one way to trainings than pick the club closest to your house.

Comment

Comparing Western to any Premier club is comical.They are a town program on the girls side.

Comment

By far one of the worst options for your kid. Look at their coaching staff, it is laughable. Most town soccer teams would beat any of their girls teams. The coaches on the boys side are low level coaches who are more prepared to cook the Friday night Fish Fry at the Porto club than coach your kid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X