Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Western United?

Have a child who wants to join a premier team and Western United seems like the better option compared to bolts west and nefc west.

Originally posted by Ojack2003 View Post
    Have a child who wants to join a premier team and Western United seems like the better option compared to bolts west and nefc west.
    It’s a good club that has a long history. Many of the parents are nuts and behave terribly at matches, but it’s a perfectly fine club for those out west.

Comment

The coaches I have dealt with are good people.

Comment

How old is your child? Girl or Boy? Great coaches great fields but still being run like a "Ludlow town club" there is politics. If your kid is from Ludlow then great but there is a lot of it's not how good a player is but where there from and who there parents are. You can expect your kid to be put on a b or c team if there new. Not how premier clubs should be run. If you go to a game you can bet the players on the bench are the ones not from Ludlow. I would look at all 3 clubs and see which one fits your kid better..

Comment

Originally posted by Ojack2003 View Post
          What have you been smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            It’s a good club that has a long history. Many of the parents are nuts and behave terribly at matches, but it’s a perfectly fine club for those out west.
            As if parents from Eastern MA are the epitome of calm and mild mannered fans. Every club, every team has crazy parents.

Comment

How old is your child? Girl or Boy? Great coaches great fields but still being run like a "Ludlow town club" there is politics. If your kid is from Ludlow then great but there is a lot of it's not how good a player is but where there from and who there parents are. You can expect your kid to be put on a b or c team if there new. Not how premier clubs should be run. If you go to a game you can bet the players on the bench are the ones not from Ludlow. I would look at all 3 clubs and see which one fits your kid better..
              There are parts of your rant that are partially correct. There are certain teams, not all, that have a heavy political component to it. Those are the teams you want to stay away from. Most of the teams are run perfectly fine, without much of the political nonsense. Assuming the OP is truly looking at Western, which we all know isn’t true and is likely a coach or an admin from the team, my advice is just talk with parents who are already involved with various clubs. We have interacted with enough clubs and enough teams to know which age group on which club to stay away from.

Comment

There are parts of your rant that are partially correct. There are certain teams, not all, that have a heavy political component to it. Those are the teams you want to stay away from. Most of the teams are run perfectly fine, without much of the political nonsense. Assuming the OP is truly looking at Western, which we all know isn’t true and is likely a coach or an admin from the team, my advice is just talk with parents who are already involved with various clubs. We have interacted with enough clubs and enough teams to know which age group on which club to stay away from.
                Not a rant but a honest assessment from more then enough parents with same experiences with Western. We are here to give advice to parents looking for advice from Adults with experience with the club they are asking about. You are correct prob a admin or coach looking for info.

Comment

As if parents from Eastern MA are the epitome of calm and mild mannered fans. Every club, every team has crazy parents.
                  There are crazy parents everywhere. I’m just saying that Western parents are different. Part of it is cultural. The Portuguese are passionate people that love the game. Unfortunately, they often seem to bring a level of passion that is more suited to the adult game to youth games. I’m not saying they are bad people, but they just scream at refs and kids way to much.

Comment

There are crazy parents everywhere. I’m just saying that Western parents are different. Part of it is cultural. The Portuguese are passionate people that love the game. Unfortunately, they often seem to bring a level of passion that is more suited to the adult game to youth games. I’m not saying they are bad people, but they just scream at refs and kids way to much.
                    Good teams but the Parents are complete trash. They make the Bolts parents look like choir boys.

Comment

Good teams but the Parents are complete trash. They make the Bolts parents look like choir boys.
                      I was trying to be a little more politically correct in my comments about them. But I think the OP gets the point. Just bring earplugs.

Comment

Bacalao

Comment

Maxi & Federico are good coaches.
                          English not either’s strong suit.

Comment

Keep in mind....WUP doesn't always put the kids first!!! They are more concerned about the Pioneers team and the Stadium. 100% True, see it first hand as a parent

Comment

I have to agree with this. Of the hundreds (thousands?) of youth soccer matches I've watched, WUP takes the cake in the crazy dept. Only ever saw them at tournaments though, so can't say for sure this is their usual behavior or what.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X