Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    not affiliated with the club but still get their emails - beachside soccer in CT is labeling their 21-22 tryouts for mls next 1 & 2.

"U13 & Older Teams will compete in the MLS NEXT Platform:
    MLS NEXT I & II League: Highest Level of Youth Soccer in our Country."

will be interesting b/c mls next still runs like old DA program. so is this branding or will there actually be interaction between team 1 & 2?
    MLS II will not be the highest level of youth soccer. B teams at the older age groups are mostly crappy teams. All the good kids will be in MLS I or they have left for other high level teams. Name me one good B team at u13 and higher. You can't because they don't exist.

Comment

MLS II will not be the highest level of youth soccer. B teams at the older age groups are mostly crappy teams. All the good kids will be in MLS I or they have left for other high level teams. Name me one good B team at u13 and higher. You can't because they don't exist.
      I'm not sure what you're saying makes sense. No B team on any club that is playing in any league is going to be as good as the top team. That's the whole idea of having 2nd and 3rd teams.

Comment

I'm not sure what you're saying makes sense. No B team on any club that is playing in any league is going to be as good as the top team. That's the whole idea of having 2nd and 3rd teams.
        Exactly.. So saying MLS II is going to be the highest level of soccer is nonsense. A club like the Slammers has there top teams playing in Eal or MLS II. The worse part about the EAL league is you always play the same teams every year.

Comment

Exactly.. So saying MLS II is going to be the highest level of soccer is nonsense. A club like the Slammers has there top teams playing in Eal or MLS II. The worse part about the EAL league is you always play the same teams every year.
          That's a good point about playing the same teams every year. I thought perhaps the idea was to get all the clubs with MLS Next teams to play similar styles of soccer, so that all the teams in a club are more inline with a professional style of play. Sometimes you have teams within the EDP brackets that are just punting the ball long because they have big and fast forwards. The long ball may help win some games but it doesn't really help the kids play well. But I think I'm giving too much credit to the clubs and leagues.

Comment

I love the fact that there is a large group of parents out there that consider the opportunity to take their B team kids to national tournaments is a positive.

I swear these people sign their kids up for crap like that so they can "complain" about it on Monday at work.

"Well, Bob, I'm glad you asked. My weekend was just terrible. I had to fly all the way to North Carolina for Caden's soccer. Yeah -- he plays on a team that competes nationally."

Comment

I love the fact that there is a large group of parents out there that consider the opportunity to take their B team kids to national tournaments is a positive.

I swear these people sign their kids up for crap like that so they can "complain" about it on Monday at work.

"Well, Bob, I'm glad you asked. My weekend was just terrible. I had to fly all the way to North Carolina for Caden's soccer. Yeah -- he plays on a team that competes nationally."
              Sad but true and funny.

Comment

MLS Next II

Sad but true and funny.
                what the hell else are you going to talk about around the company water cooler on monday morning?

Comment

what the hell else are you going to talk about around the company water cooler on monday morning?
                  It's the pretend complaining that gets me. The dual humble brag that has no goal other than to tell people how dedicated of a parent you are and how talented your kid is.

Comment

Doesn’t MLS Nexff TD, ECNL, NL Club v Club leagues all play the same teams every year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X