The right team is hard to find

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he is that good, you should have him get a look from the Seattle United 2008 ECNL team and has pedigree on that team. They are far superior than any other team at that age group. Seattle United boy's 2009 COPA team, which will be ECNL in June is also very well coached by a very respected player/coach from the Gambia who has an excellent reputation for development and demands a ton of work ethic from his players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Definitely XF for the clubs. The best coaching is at Sounders Academy, which is your son is accepted, doesn't cost anything. Sounders scouts and pulls players from all over the country, but they will let players apply. The XF program would be considered a rival program. PacNW and Seattle United worked with Sounders in the past to identify players, but now that those clubs have boys ECNL, I'm not sure if the relationship remains as friendly -- pure speculation.
      Here's the link to Sounders info:

https://www.soundersfc.com/academy/teams/sdp
      That is not correct. Top players if identified still take the Sounders Academy track from Seattle United.

Comment

That is not correct. Top players if identified still take the Sounders Academy track from Seattle United.
        Good to know.

Comment

Definitely XF for the clubs. The best coaching is at Sounders Academy, which is your son is accepted, doesn't cost anything. Sounders scouts and pulls players from all over the country, but they will let players apply. The XF program would be considered a rival program. PacNW and Seattle United worked with Sounders in the past to identify players, but now that those clubs have boys ECNL, I'm not sure if the relationship remains as friendly -- pure speculation.
          Here's the link to Sounders info:

https://www.soundersfc.com/academy/teams/sdp
          Which best coaches would that be? I’ll wait.

Comment

Just FYI, the age particular age group you are talking about is extremely good at Seattle United. Coach also is not from the US and the style of play is much more about complete football. Possession, decision making, ball movement. The individuals are really good, but they play team ball. That is not an easy team to make. Best of luck finding the right fit!
            That team is also behind Xfire in the standings. Xfire will play internationally, and in most of the top tournaments in the country. Have a look at the current ECNL standings and you will have your answer.

Comment

That team is also behind Xfire in the standings. Xfire will play internationally, and in most of the top tournaments in the country. Have a look at the current ECNL standings and you will have your answer.
              In addition to that all the XF 'A' teams are playing a year up and competing at a high level. A step above the rest.

Comment

Which best coaches would that be? I’ll wait.
                All of them, dude. Of course there are great coaches elsewhere, but the program overall is professional, demanding and well run, though not for everyone (because nothing is for everyone)

Comment

All of them, dude. Of course there are great coaches elsewhere, but the program overall is professional, demanding and well run, though not for everyone (because nothing is for everyone)
                  That’s funny, all of them? Name one and tell me about his background. Again, I’ll wait.

Comment

That’s funny, all of them? Name one and tell me about his background. Again, I’ll wait.
                    Do you know how to google Sounders Academy? Do your own research. And please, tell us where you, angry message board rando, think the best coaching in Seattle can be found....

Comment

Do you know how to google Sounders Academy? Do your own research. And please, tell us where you, angry message board rando, think the best coaching in Seattle can be found....
                      Not angry at all, I take issue with blanket statements like "the best coaching is at Sounders Academy." There are good and bad coaches at most clubs, The Sounders coaches are fine if not a little light on playing experience.

Comment

Not angry at all, I take issue with blanket statements like "the best coaching is at Sounders Academy." There are good and bad coaches at most clubs, The Sounders coaches are fine if not a little light on playing experience.
                        I stand by my comment that the best coaching overall is at Sounders. The club is investing significantly in the Academy players and is developing them with an eye to possibly signing some to the club, and they aren't going to keep a coach around that doesn't significantly contribute to the program. The atmosphere is professional without any nonsense from parents.

Playing experience does not always translate to good coaching. One local coach who had a fantastic playing career has been mentioned on this board for scamming parents. My kids have had plenty of coaches who were former pros who did nothing for their development and others who were great. My point stands: if you have a kid who can play on the level of Sounders Academy and the program is a good match for his personality and academic/athletic goals, you won't do better locally.

Comment

I stand by my comment that the best coaching overall is at Sounders. The club is investing significantly in the Academy players and is developing them with an eye to possibly signing some to the club, and they aren't going to keep a coach around that doesn't significantly contribute to the program. The atmosphere is professional without any nonsense from parents.

Playing experience does not always translate to good coaching. One local coach who had a fantastic playing career has been mentioned on this board for scamming parents. My kids have had plenty of coaches who were former pros who did nothing for their development and others who were great. My point stands: if you have a kid who can play on the level of Sounders Academy and the program is a good match for his personality and academic/athletic goals, you won't do better locally.
                          You haven't paid much attention nationally if you think the Sounders are investing in the Academy program. They are one of the first to drop it's U-19 program, have well below sub-par facilities, offer no residency (homestay aside) and on and on. They have recently signed players to the first team, which is great for them. We will have to agree to disagree on the coaching.
                          The signing of young players to USL contracts is crazy if you ask me, but that is a different conversation.

Comment

You haven't paid much attention nationally if you think the Sounders are investing in the Academy program. They are one of the first to drop it's U-19 program, have well below sub-par facilities, offer no residency (homestay aside) and on and on. They have recently signed players to the first team, which is great for them. We will have to agree to disagree on the coaching.
                            The signing of young players to USL contracts is crazy if you ask me, but that is a different conversation.
                            Ok, but we aren't comparing Sounders to other MLS academies in this thread. We're comparing to local options. I know plenty of kids who've gone through their program.

Comment

Ok, but we aren't comparing Sounders to other MLS academies in this thread. We're comparing to local options. I know plenty of kids who've gone through their program.
                              Two total teams and the younger kids practice twice a week. They are not investing anything in the program. Four local clubs PAY the Sounders for the right to be affiliate clubs.

I am not anti-Sounders, it's just not what many think it is. I have also watched it for the last 10 years and I would say they are spending less now on local kids than they ever have.

Comment

Sounders do very little compared to the top clubs. They recruit well. That's it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X