Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masks no longer required

Inslee just announced that during games masks are no longer required!! The athletes will be very thankful of this. Good move!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Inslee just announced that during games masks are no longer required!! The athletes will be very thankful of this. Good move!
    Thus far at least it seems the metro league and Seattle Public Schools are just ignoring the state and wiaa guidelines and still banning fans from games (although fans are now just standing outside fences on the perimeter of the fields), not allowing fans at club games played at school facilities, and requiring players to wear masks.

Comment

Guidance says they are not required during competitions, but still required during trainings. Seems like it should be the opposite, but glad they won't have to wear during games.

Comment

My kids high school game was cancelled tonight due to a covid outbreak on one of the teams. So that's going well . . .

Comment

At my daughter's HS game last night, the kids on the field during the game didn't have to wear masks. But during warm ups or when on the bench they had to wear them still. But it's a step! The girls were so excited.

Comment

My kids high school game was cancelled tonight due to a covid outbreak on one of the teams. So that's going well . . .
            Blanchet seems to struggle with this. Two cases in less than a month. The school doesn't seem to comprehend what it means to be serious about it.

Comment

Heard 2 HS in the area now have had kids on soccer teams test positive.

Comment

Heard 2 HS in the area now have had kids on soccer teams test positive.
                With kids going back to school in-person, it wouldn't surprise me if "spring" and "winter" sports get cancelled. With shortened seasons, it only takes one outbreak on a team to cancel half a season worth of sports.

Comment

With kids going back to school in-person, it wouldn't surprise me if "spring" and "winter" sports get cancelled. With shortened seasons, it only takes one outbreak on a team to cancel half a season worth of sports.
                  LOL we are never going back to normal it seems.

Comment

Gotta love Crossfire. They are at the Dallas Cup for 7 days where the TX governor lifted the
                    mask requirement 2 weeks ago. Not that many teams and not that many coaches, unless
                    you like community colleges, I guess. I was thinking you only have 52 weeks in a year
                    and is this really worth one of them.

Comment

Blanchet seems to struggle with this. Two cases in less than a month. The school doesn't seem to comprehend what it means to be serious about it.
                      The school and others are actually going well above and beyond what the cdc and state recommend in requiring testing and tracing of all teammates — and not just close contacts — and seem to have isolated these positives that apparently did not originate from anything having to do with soccer. So what they’ve done successfully is consistent with all the reasons people have successfully returned to play. But I’m sure someone could hand you a full pint glass and you’d someone figure out a way to find it half empty.

Comment

I don't consider 2 weeks of a 4 weeks season being cancelled at multiple high schools due to positive covid cases a successful return to play. Glad it seems there was no spread at any of the schools I've heard about, so a success in that respect, but clearly the numbers are still to high to be able to reliably schedule play.

The disparity between club and high school covid rates is economic. Families that can afford to pay $250+ a month on soccer are working from home, and club kids don't get jobs. Many kids in high school soccer and their parents are working in person so you are going to get more kids positive for covid.

Comment

Gotta love Crossfire. They are at the Dallas Cup for 7 days where the TX governor lifted the
                          mask requirement 2 weeks ago. Not that many teams and not that many coaches, unless
                          you like community colleges, I guess. I was thinking you only have 52 weeks in a year
                          and is this really worth one of them.
                          Yikes, from one of the most restrictive clubs to lets hop on a plane to coronaville. Gotta get it in before we get moved back to phase 2. Their 06 ECNL got beat by their 07 ECNL, not a lot to showcase there.

Comment

Why would any club send their ECNL teams to Texas to play low level premier teams? Hope they quarantine when they come back and not ruin HS season for the rest of us.

Comment

There’s the CrossFire hate we’ve been missing...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X