Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Training against best kids at their age is also nice. If your kid is good enough Florida regional event is very competitive. All of these are over priced but so is every club sport. Kids love to play with the great players they play against. Relax on the critical spirits.
    Thought it would impressive the college coaches. HA. They want your player at their ID camps so they can see for themselves. No free lunch.

But my kid did love playing against these kids. Speed of play was fast and soccer IQ
    was very high. But the pool and selection is somewhat rigged even before the camps since
    the coaches have a pow-wow trading horses. Still, a good overall experience.

If your kid never made it, do not worry about it. Lots of kids on the team have faded away
    or do not play anymore. EPD is political AF, so no worries.

Comment

Thought it would impressive the college coaches. HA. They want your player at their ID camps so they can see for themselves. No free lunch.

But my kid did love playing against these kids. Speed of play was fast and soccer IQ
      was very high. But the pool and selection is somewhat rigged even before the camps since
      the coaches have a pow-wow trading horses. Still, a good overall experience.

If your kid never made it, do not worry about it. Lots of kids on the team have faded away
      or do not play anymore. EPD is political AF, so no worries.
      My kid has been doing EPD for 6 years and this idea of politics is BS for the top 12-15 kids. The rest maybe but if your kid is not in top 15 then it gets dicey. Quit complaining of don’t do it.

Comment

Most won’t. I think COVID officially killed EPD. It’s been a joke for a couple years now. Complete joke that they are trying to form teams and extort more money from parents for Friendship Cup. The your kid is that good, I’m sure there is another program that serves them way better then once a month play dates and getting smoked by OYSA teams in Portland.

Comment

unless it is free.....run. US Trainings were always free and he best of the best were always there. You did have to pay for parking at UW though.

Comment

Hater

Most won’t. I think COVID officially killed EPD. It’s been a joke for a couple years now. Complete joke that they are trying to form teams and extort more money from parents for Friendship Cup. The your kid is that good, I’m sure there is another program that serves them way better then once a month play dates and getting smoked by OYSA teams in Portland.
            What’s the other program? Training centers have not happened for a while but agree that was the best. Not sure what you are talking about in terms of getting smoked. Look you seem like nothing will make you happy so just don’t do it. Is it a cash grab or the politics of who gets picked. Smile and enjoy the moments.

Comment

My kid has been doing EPD for 6 years and this idea of politics is BS for the top 12-15 kids. The rest maybe but if your kid is not in top 15 then it gets dicey. Quit complaining of don’t do it.
              Oof, the politics charges hit a nerve, hugh?

Comment

Funny

Oof, the politics charges hit a nerve, hugh?
                Super funny. Isn’t politics what is said by the kids parents who did not make it. Just seems funny to hear people complaining all the time. If your kid is good enough politics won’t matter. My bad I forgot what this message board actually is a place where the softies come and complain about politics preventing their kid from making fill in the blank. Ooh poor me it’s a money grab. Ooh poor me it’s politics. EPD is far from perfect but I know lots of kids that have loved the experience.

Comment

Are you really saying that politics has nothing to do with epd selection?

Just tell me how many players from Non-rcl teams made epd?

Comment

Maybe for players 12-18. But the best kids are 1-11 easy no politics. 12-18: would you take a pspl kid or an ECNL. No brainer. Not politics just what you have to do during a short tryout period. If you are crying politics then your kid is on the edge.

Comment

Super funny. Isn’t politics what is said by the kids parents who did not make it. Just seems funny to hear people complaining all the time. If your kid is good enough politics won’t matter. My bad I forgot what this message board actually is a place where the softies come and complain about politics preventing their kid from making fill in the blank. Ooh poor me it’s a money grab. Ooh poor me it’s politics. EPD is far from perfect but I know lots of kids that have loved the experience.
                      Bastien? Is that you? Malia?

Relax. Your kid is on the field with my kid, not you or me. Nobody is complaining, just you
                      overreacting. If you did this for 6 years, why the hell are you freaking out? Why the hell
                      are you doing for 6 years? Give other players a chance to go. Sheesh! Your kid won't
                      need it after U15.

If it makes you feel better, then I will put it in different terms. They already had a short
                      list of the travel team and the rest are there to pay for the rent to get there, just like
                      club soccer.

Like I said, it doesn't really matter. The college coaches will flagged your player, but they
                      will want to see them at their ID camp. Heck, you should know this. Results, my
                      angry friend.

Comment

give my kid a chance

"Give others a chance" is a great motto for competitive programs. That will make it EPD better.

Comment

Interesting.
                          I am not a advocate for any of the leagues. Just looking for open and fair competition For spots on th epd team. But with more ecnl teams and id camps, epd may no longer matter.

But on a side note, I see a lot of x pspl players on ecnl rosters.

But it is all good. I am glad the kids are playing again.

Comment

Are you really saying that politics has nothing to do with epd selection?

Just tell me how many players from Non-rcl teams made epd?
                            Its for RCL kids. Sheesh!

Comment

Maybe for players 12-18. But the best kids are 1-11 easy no politics. 12-18: would you take a pspl kid or an ECNL. No brainer. Not politics just what you have to do during a short tryout period. If you are crying politics then your kid is on the edge.
                              My kid was rejected for EPD a few years ago. Now playing D1 (yes, with minutes) in a very competitive conference and training with a USL this summer. Was it politics? Had he not hit his stride yet? Bad tryout? Who knows. Many of the kids selected for EPD ahead of him are not longer playing. It's good for parents to know that your kid doesn't have to get picked for every single thing from a young age to have fun and explore their potential in this sport. If your kid is doing EPD and you're happy, awesome. Make no assumptions about how this soccer thing will turn out. Make the best decisions you can along the way and make sure your kid is happy.

Comment

yeah!

My kid was rejected for EPD a few years ago. Now playing D1 (yes, with minutes) in a very competitive conference and training with a USL this summer. Was it politics? Had he not hit his stride yet? Bad tryout? Who knows. Many of the kids selected for EPD ahead of him are not longer playing. It's good for parents to know that your kid doesn't have to get picked for every single thing from a young age to have fun and explore their potential in this sport. If your kid is doing EPD and you're happy, awesome. Make no assumptions about how this soccer thing will turn out. Make the best decisions you can along the way and make sure your kid is happy.
                                Love this response. sounds like no blame game and a determined athlete. Awesome to hear this story. Good luck to your son!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X