Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stony Brook LGN partnership

Over at BOTN it looks like a new partnership between Stony Brook and LGN is now a done deal, but nobody has announced anything. I expect its going to look very similar to the partnership deal with KK, that might make sense.
    Does anybody have any real details as what is going on with that? Does it impact the current partnership with KK, or does it just add another club to the partnership? I am very curious.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Over at BOTN it looks like a new partnership between Stony Brook and LGN is now a done deal, but nobody has announced anything. I expect its going to look very similar to the partnership deal with KK, that might make sense.
    Does anybody have any real details as what is going on with that? Does it impact the current partnership with KK, or does it just add another club to the partnership? I am very curious.
    Sounds like A lot of chefs in the kitchen. Let’s see how they play together in the sandbox.

Comment

So far nothing is announced, but the stony brook thread over on BOTN has been lit up for the last couple days indicating that the deal is done. It seems like I sure hope they dont dont plan on any big time changes without seeking input from the families who play for the club, and that they don't do anything stupid, or they will deserve the mass exodus that follows. F'in jagoffs. They don't seem to be aware, or care, what their membership thinks.

Comment

So far nothing is announced, but the stony brook thread over on BOTN has been lit up for the last couple days indicating that the deal is done. It seems like I sure hope they dont dont plan on any big time changes without seeking input from the families who play for the club, and that they don't do anything stupid, or they will deserve the mass exodus that follows. F'in jagoffs. They don't seem to be aware, or care, what their membership thinks.
        Do you really think they are going to ask the entire club what they think? That would be a disaster.

Comment

Do you really think they are going to ask the entire club what they think? That would be a disaster.
          I think that the families in the community not being given a chance to even give input as to potential problems of any major solution is a real bad move for their image. They need to define the problem clearly to the club (which they never actually do), pose the solution they are considering to them, and give some period of time to get feedback, whether they actually listen or not. You never know, maybe someone in their club comes up with a better solution, or ideas to make it more palatable. Otherwise, Smithtown will probably have enough new kids to have an extra team at every level.

Comment

Maybe that is a risk SB is willing to take? They have seen their numbers dwindle down with no successful teams in the last 5 years. Time to bring in a group that produces results. SB/LGN is going to thrive now. Older teams will obviously have to figure something out, but all younger teams being formed are going to do great. Will be the best thing to ever happen to either club.

Comment

Maybe that is a risk SB is willing to take? They have seen their numbers dwindle down with no successful teams in the last 5 years. Time to bring in a group that produces results. SB/LGN is going to thrive now. Older teams will obviously have to figure something out, but all younger teams being formed are going to do great. Will be the best thing to ever happen to either club.
              Not if they made TG the club DOC which is what is out there.

Comment

Why? LGN currently has him as the club DOC and they are probably the most successful town club on LI right now. His training group is great.

Comment

Why? LGN currently has him as the club DOC and they are probably the most successful town club on LI right now. His training group is great.
                  He's a lazy bum who will do anything to get out of work. Unorganized, unkempt and so full of himself. He is a really bad fit for any club, let alone SB.

Comment

myself and my kids do not deal with him directly, and we haven't been impacted by this so called 'laziness/lack of organization'. If he is in charge, his job is to put people in place who are good at their jobs, and in that sense it has been great to be at LGN. Seems like his group of trainers, who are good all around, are loyal to him. Besides the general stuff like the prices and # of trainings and all of that stuff, which I think he does determine, all those trainers essentially just do their own thing. So, if you really do hate the guy, unless he is a coach of your team I am not sure how much you will actually have to deal with him. At least that has been my experience.

Comment

What does LGN charge for a year?

Comment

I think it depends on how many times a week you train. With everything including registration, training, indoor facility, refs its like 1700-1900 I think total give or take 100 if you go 3x a week. a few hundred less if you go 2x. Thats not including tournaments though. I am sure all of that will have to be redone with the merger and find some compromise between the 2 clubs. Let's see what prices/structure they come up with. But whatever, beats the clubs that are charging at least 3k per year for lower quality training.

Comment

Most who leave SB dont leave because of lack of success, nobody there is pushing teams to be ECNL level, that is BS. They try to keep the teams at a fair competitive level and do reasonably good job of that. A general lack of communication and organization on each individual team seems to happen inevitably and enough parents get sick of that and go elsewhere hoping it will improve. That leaves a partial team ready to play to have to pack it in. I thought the KK partnershis was supposed to solve that problem, but I guess it didn't. I don't expect a LGN merger will do better, and might cause irreparable harm.

Comment

Most who leave SB dont leave because of lack of success, nobody there is pushing teams to be ECNL level, that is BS. They try to keep the teams at a fair competitive level and do reasonably good job of that. A general lack of communication and organization on each individual team seems to happen inevitably and enough parents get sick of that and go elsewhere hoping it will improve. That leaves a partial team ready to play to have to pack it in. I thought the KK partnershis was supposed to solve that problem, but I guess it didn't. I don't expect a LGN merger will do better, and might cause irreparable harm.
                            The harm has already started. Many SB parents weren't happy how KK merger went and they like Kurt. This is a whole lot bigger and will impact much more teams.

Comment

The harm has already started. Many SB parents weren't happy how KK merger went and they like Kurt. This is a whole lot bigger and will impact much more teams.
                              This is a LIE. Many stony brook parents were and still not happy with how unorganized KK is and they are extremely unhappy with Kurt being so flaky. KK is a mess. Also, nobody likes having to deal with that miserable lady in KKs office. That being said, hopefully the clubs can make it work, it would only benefit the kids in the end

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X