Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    finally a brave soul willing to call another team out!
    Do you believe everything you read on an anonymous message board? If you do, then I have a Nigerian Prince who needs help getting his lottery winnings to the US and will make you a millionaire, just send me your social security number.

Seriously though, the ISC G07 GA team is a pretty good example of why the local ECNL clubs are scared to give ISC the time of day. The team and club has had to fight hard to get recognition. Plus there are plenty of sore losers who hold a grudge, including the parents of some kids who didn't get a spot on team and have to play for the competition instead.

Comment

Do you believe everything you read on an anonymous message board? If you do, then I have a Nigerian Prince who needs help getting his lottery winnings to the US and will make you a millionaire, just send me your social security number.

Seriously though, the ISC G07 GA team is a pretty good example of why the local ECNL clubs are scared to give ISC the time of day. The team and club has had to fight hard to get recognition. Plus there are plenty of sore losers who hold a grudge, including the parents of some kids who didn't get a spot on team and have to play for the competition instead.
      lol....squared. For one, anything can happen in these young age groups. It really only needs to take one player to change the dynamic of a team. Two, give it a year or two and they will lose their core players to one of the ECNL teams. It has always been that way.

Comment

A good point seems to have slid by earlier that is truly costly - the verbal abuse handed out has been having a negative effect on new refs, resulting in an overall decline. It really seems that the more experienced refs should be handling the youngest & oldest groups (at least as center ref) with younger refs taking middle-group or assisting in the rest.

In my experience, the more experienced refs also don't take the verbal nonsense - it's either put a lid on it or get ejected. Any further argument and it's a forfeit for the team so it then becomes semi-self policing. It seems that good behavior/sportsmanship requires (enforced) consequences...

Comment

A good point seems to have slid by earlier that is truly costly - the verbal abuse handed out has been having a negative effect on new refs, resulting in an overall decline. It really seems that the more experienced refs should be handling the youngest & oldest groups (at least as center ref) with younger refs taking middle-group or assisting in the rest.

In my experience, the more experienced refs also don't take the verbal nonsense - it's either put a lid on it or get ejected. Any further argument and it's a forfeit for the team so it then becomes semi-self policing. It seems that good behavior/sportsmanship requires (enforced) consequences...
          Its been much quieter with the mask mandate. I think they should make this a permanent fixture for all fans in the future.

Comment

Its been much quieter with the mask mandate. I think they should make this a permanent fixture for all fans in the future.
            I wish no parents at matches was permanent. So much more enjoyable for players, coaches, and referees.

Comment

Are your guys certain that the refs are more hesitant on giving yellow cards during girls games or do you think it can be anecdotal, like you are thinking about one or two really weird games. If anything I would have assumed refs would be more willing to give cards during a girls game.

Is it possible that girls games tend to have more female refs? Or newer refs? Or some other category.

I usually work some shifts as marshall during tournaments. I have seen a bunch of yellows and even a red on occasion but only for boys games.

When my daughter was u11. Their goalie dove for a ball. There were a few opponents who continued to try to kick it in while she was down. The defenders backed away since she was getting stepped on. My daughter said her face still had cleat imprints on it during half time. No call by the ref. I think anyone would shout if their 10 yr old daughter was lying on the ground and others were stomping on her head.

That doesn't excuse abuse for small stuff but its not totally one sided.

Comment

saw 3 yellows and one straight red given during RCL div 3 U14 girls last season. Had yellows given at 2 different games for my u12 too. All against our team. There were a few the year before that too.

Might have something to do with the age for the u13, kind of the transition where big girls and boot ball start to lose big to skill. Kids get frustrated and start throwing fouls.

Comment

do you have something against people from Nigeria?

ISC can suck it. YOU ARE THE OVERZEALOUS PARENT!

Comment

do you have something against people from Nigeria?

ISC can suck it. YOU ARE THE OVERZEALOUS PARENT!
                    Oh, so you're the parent of the girl who didn't make it onto the A team. Good to know.

Comment

Oh, so you're the parent of the girl who didn't make it onto the A team. Good to know.
                      That is exactly the kind of entitled response Id except from Karen @ ISC.

Don't change, we all need someone to hate!

Comment

That is exactly the kind of entitled response Id except from Karen @ ISC.

Don't change, we all need someone to hate!
                        I think you started it when you said ISC can suck it and called ISC parents overzealous.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but that doesn't mean you need to resort to personal attacks because you're upset about tryouts. You should get some side-view mirrors to help you see all your blindspots. #ChangingTheGame #ISCRejects

Comment

I think you started it when you said ISC can suck it and called ISC parents overzealous.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but that doesn't mean you need to resort to personal attacks because you're upset about tryouts. You should get some side-view mirrors to help you see all your blindspots. #ChangingTheGame #ISCRejects
                          Seriously? You started it, no, you started it...

Is this how you parent?

Victim

No one, absolutely no one gets cut from ISC. Sorry, my club doesn't advertise on the front page of their website that they are lacking players!!!!

https://www.iscgunners.org/new-player-inquiry

Hahaha haha!!!!

Sorry Karen,

Sincerely,

The Rest of the Soccer Community

PS, nobody likes you

Comment

And oh btw wasn't me that said you were overzealous. But I agree.

Keep posting, you only highlight the point

Comment

I have not made any of the previous posts on this thread and will say I agree, the ISC G07 parents are the worst parents I have experienced in 6 years of premier soccer. I am not a parent of a child that did not make the team and I am not a parent of a child on a team that ISC beats all the time, but have encountered this team/parents at many tournaments. If you are an ISC G07 parent, maybe you should consider your sideline actions. You are the only team parents being called out on a forum where everyone has anonymity....

Comment

I have not made any of the previous posts on this thread and will say I agree, the ISC G07 parents are the worst parents I have experienced in 6 years of premier soccer. I am not a parent of a child that did not make the team and I am not a parent of a child on a team that ISC beats all the time, but have encountered this team/parents at many tournaments. If you are an ISC G07 parent, maybe you should consider your sideline actions. You are the only team parents being called out on a forum where everyone has anonymity....
                                LOL that is a good point, what a strange mix of parents that team must have.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X