Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    We played in front of 20-50 coaches a lot of times at surf cup disney silver lakes etc.

That is misguided. Why play in front of random coaches?

It’s awkward when the WSU or UNLV coach contacts your coach to express interest if you have no intention of going there.
    Moral of the story:
    - ECNL is no better than a good OYSA travel team. Travel teams have had just as much or in some cases a lot more success with college recruiting.
    - Coaching matters.
    - Avoid the drama hotspots.
    - If the other players on the team talk trash and are not nice, avoid the drama. This should be a fun experience.
    - Pick the schools you are interested in and go after them. Don't audition for schools that aren't good fits.

Comment

Ecnl seller: we got coaches at our showcase game

Usys seller: we got coaches too. Same ones

Ecnl seller: well we have 2 players committed to here.

Usys seller: weird, we have 7-8 at the same level and the rest of our kids are committed.

Ecnl seller: well we have 2 other kids committing soon.

Usys seller: yeah, those kids were committed before they got there.

Ecnl: shhhhhhhhhh

Usys seller: probably should explain why with all your propaganda and lies, your ecnl teams not only are terrible but they don’t commit as many players.

Ecnl: shhhhhhhhhhhhh we want to keep the idea up that you need us more than we need you.

Usys: nothing has changed.

One thing that is talked a lot about is the cost. It can cost a lot to play in either league.

Comment

True story:

At my kids freshman year the local coach that team plays in ecnl league tried to sell us on it and said blah blah blah it was all this and that. Said you had be here or you weren’t going to get this or that.

We said no more on the idea we couldn’t trust the coach more than what they were selling.

Fast forward 3 years and that same team has maybe 8-9 of the original players left on it with most kids left or wanted to leave. While my OYSA kids team still has most all of them and nearly everyone on it is playing in college with a few deciding to do other things. Kids committed to all levels of play but they found a good fit.

The sick part about it, is that some of those kids at Cu on that ecnl team are still brainwashed into thinking they had To stay to play in college and just quit when they didn’t Get any help or realized they weren’t as good as the top oysa kids who were getting a lot of offers from the same schools. All trying to follow the 2-3 good commits that team has but never amounted for the rest.

Our second daughter isn’t considering this crock of garbage.

1000% if your team is good, your coach is good, you are traveling out here and there, you will be fine.

If your team is any any league and they suck, those players aren’t going to fool college coaches and majority of the ecnl teams from all three clubs are a waste. CU is ok here and there but I’m not putting up with their toxic self serving environment. Some of the oysa teams are terrible as well and should be avoided.

Comment

Same situation but it took us a year to realize when the supposedly pro affiliated club had B team players for starters and the starters themselves were looking to leave or no one knew who was coming to training was enough. Go to westside if you want to be committed.

Comment

Same situation but it took us a year to realize when the supposedly pro affiliated club had B team players for starters and the starters themselves were looking to leave or no one knew who was coming to training was enough. Go to westside if you want to be committed.
            Who did THUSC (cu) become affiliated with that is a supposed pro club? Everyone knows after Bridge City departed all THUSC starters were make up of b & c players.

Comment

ECNL wanna be parent here:

Who are these OYSA teams that you speak of that are so great at getting kids to play in college? Is it one or many teams I should be looking out for.

Also tell me what club, team and/ or coach will help me get my player to the next level.
              Everyone says find a good team and coach but no one every tells you who they are. Here is your chance to enlighten all of us.

Comment

Who are these OYSA teams that you speak of that are so great at getting kids to play in college? Is it one or many teams I should be looking out for.

Also tell me what club, team and/ or coach will help me get my player to the next level.
                Everyone says find a good team and coach but no one every tells you who they are. Here is your chance to enlighten all of us.
                From the sounds of it, you should head to thorns or fc portland. They need some gullible people there.

Comment

Historically since the 90's (the same time of title ix's emergence in college athletics/activities) you can pick any OYSA club you want. Nearly all of them have gotten Girls into colleges with ease and a roster spot. Due to the nationally low supply of (interested girls) coupled with high demand created by (title ix teams just popping up out of thin air).

It really doesn't matter what club or coach you go with since, the title ix funding of girls teams trumps that requirement--realize Oregonians don't get any serious athletic awards at any top 25 D1 schools a result of our low bar talent level in our small pond.

If that actually happened (D1 UNC, Stanford, Penn State etc.. NLI full ride kids) it would correspond to a nationally elite club team stacked with USYNT players-- which is out of the realm of possibilities in diluted Oregon travel club soccer. The only engraved awards for these travel devotees is for the accumulation of frequent flyer miles (pre covid of course).

Comment

Youth soccer has changed. Move on and catch up. Oregon is not unique or special. ECNL is currently the best pathway to college period. That said, it is not the only way.

Comment

Youth soccer has changed. Move on and catch up. Oregon is not unique or special. ECNL is currently the best pathway to college period. That said, it is not the only way.
                      Ding ding ding.....winner winner.

In one hand is one powerball ticket (OYSA) and in the other is 100 powerball tickets (ECNL), which one do you pick?

Comment

Moral of the story:
                        - ECNL is no better than a good OYSA travel team. Travel teams have had just as much or in some cases a lot more success with college recruiting.
                        - Coaching matters.
                        - Avoid the drama hotspots.
                        - If the other players on the team talk trash and are not nice, avoid the drama. This should be a fun experience.
                        - Pick the schools you are interested in and go after them. Don't audition for schools that aren't good fits.
                        ECNL has some bad teams and bad players. So does other options.

OYSA has produced more numbers of college soccer players over the years than ECNL. That is a verifiable fact.

Be careful of the ecnl marketing machine.

Comment

Ding ding ding.....winner winner.

In one hand is one powerball ticket (OYSA) and in the other is 100 powerball tickets (ECNL), which one do you pick?
                          Wrong...

Title IX is the undisputed winner, hands down & no contest.

Selling powerball tickets is not a form of investment. It's luck and chance. Touche'

Comment

Youth Soccer is still the same as it ever was--except with so many women's college staff coaching jobs becoming vacant every year (turnover)---most of this nations local club coaching staff's have evolved into recreational parents and unemployed soccer enthusiasts filling the void. That said, paying for their services outside of adult supervision is quite comical. Don't forget to add travel costs as well. Seems some poor folks need to 'pay' attention in their efforts to 'catch up'. Hilarious.

Comment

Moral of the story:
                              Snake oil salesman spotted.

Comment

ECNL has some bad teams and bad players. So does other options.

OYSA has produced more numbers of college soccer players over the years than ECNL. That is a verifiable fact.

Be careful of the ecnl marketing machine.
                                You have to compare all of OYSA against the two ECNL clubs on a year by year basis which really only proves ECNL is the more effective pathway to college.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X