Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello, no need to get nasty with your comments. I’m going to take the high road in this debate. I've been at the same club for the past 3 years, and I don't plan to move. And prior to this club, I spend 4 years with a very small club. I think you're miss-understanding my point. Again, I understand WHY parents change clubs. They're looking at this has an investment for their child. My focus with respect to my child is “development” regardless of the team or coach. The club created this commercialize environment and market this product every spring. No need to hate. When the product is bad, parent exercise their options and change the product. It’s the American way of life. Maybe coaches should really try to develop these kids appose to focusing on wins. How do you measure success has a coach? wins, scholarships or love of the game. I understand some of these coaches have contract with these clubs and need to produce immediate results. But don’t you see focusing on wins alone you’re contributing to the problem. If you’re a coach, I would like to challenge you to focus on development, love of the game and some level of empathy for the underdeveloped athletes. Make a change for once in your life and maybe you will be that one coach that prevented a child from taking the wrong direction in life. I could go on for hours, but I leave you with these comments. Don't bite the hands that feeds you.

According to the post, your child has been involved in youth soccer for 7 years. Base on this information your child has received roughly 600 hours of training. According to Malcolm Gladwell, it will take 10000 hours of practice to for someone to become proficient at a task. At the age of 14 your child has only reach the 6% mark. Do you see the problem? Don't blame the club. If you want more training you can always pay for private lessons. You parents are cheap but so demanding. I am not trying to be nasty but, as coaches we are tired of sugar coating the situation. Your kids are lazy. After the periodization phase of the season most kid return looking like they spent everyday at the buffet. So I will leave you with this. Take a good hard look at your child and stop blaming the clubs.

Comment

According to the post, your child has been involved in youth soccer for 7 years. Base on this information your child has received roughly 600 hours of training. According to Malcolm Gladwell, it will take 10000 hours of practice to for someone to become proficient at a task. At the age of 14 your child has only reach the 6% mark. Do you see the problem? Don't blame the club. If you want more training you can always pay for private lessons. You parents are cheap but so demanding. I am not trying to be nasty but, as coaches we are tired of sugar coating the situation. Your kids are lazy. After the periodization phase of the season most kid return looking like they spent everyday at the buffet. So I will leave you with this. Take a good hard look at your child and stop blaming the clubs.
      Thanks for the debate coach. I would prefer all coaches including yourself be upfront and open with parents with these facts during tryouts. However, I am tired of coaches selling parents short term dreams and calling their kids fat and lazy behind the parents back. Say what you feel and don’t hold back. Again thanks for the debate. I would love to discuss more in person. Maybe, we both can be a agent for positive changes in this sport.

Comment

Thanks for the debate coach. I would prefer all coaches including yourself be upfront and open with parents with these facts during tryouts. However, I am tired of coaches selling parents short term dreams and calling their kids fat and lazy behind the parents back. Say what you feel and don’t hold back. Again thanks for the debate. I would love to discuss more in person. Maybe, we both can be a agent for positive changes in this sport.
        Let me be up front with you. A soccer club does not need 20 director making north of 100k. You do the math. On average a big club takes in 4 million a season. 50% of the revenue will goes towards directors' salaries. The other 50% gets divided amongst the coaches, staff, operation cost and board members. And hear is the kicker each team is still on the hook for league fee, equipment, the coach's expense, and any other bs fee club can come up with. There is not a system of accountability to measure or track player progress. This of course, is by design. This create a system of dependency, where as the parents or force feed the coach's opinion. As we all know. Opinion or like ass hole, everyone has one. Knowing all of this, parents will still club hop like a horny 21 looking for their next score. So in closing you are not looking for a positive change. You just want your kid on a winning team no matter the cost. You can not be part of the solution because you are the problem. So while you parents or huddling on the sideline bad mouthing the club and coach, take a look at yourselves.

Comment

Can someone offer some insight into tickle gate?
          Insight? Florida Predators wouldn't market well with One Club One Family. Makes you wonder why they brought in the female coaches afterwards.

Comment

Let me be up front with you. A soccer club does not need 20 director making north of 100k. You do the math. On average a big club takes in 4 million a season. 50% of the revenue will goes towards directors' salaries. The other 50% gets divided amongst the coaches, staff, operation cost and board members. And hear is the kicker each team is still on the hook for league fee, equipment, the coach's expense, and any other bs fee club can come up with. There is not a system of accountability to measure or track player progress. This of course, is by design. This create a system of dependency, where as the parents or force feed the coach's opinion. As we all know. Opinion or like ass hole, everyone has one. Knowing all of this, parents will still club hop like a horny 21 looking for their next score. So in closing you are not looking for a positive change. You just want your kid on a winning team no matter the cost. You can not be part of the solution because you are the problem. So while you parents or huddling on the sideline bad mouthing the club and coach, take a look at yourselves.
            😂 very good response. You’re correct. A change is coming. I have a personal goal to shine light on the entire system. Just for love of the game.

Comment

Yes parents are part of the problem, quickness leave for the greener pasture next door or their kid isn't playing enough or the "wrong" position. Many parents also don't know the game. Yet, clubs are also part of the problem. As said above there's little accountability. There's always a fresh crop of new players to fill rosters. Clubs have fanned out to all the different leagues so they don't have to play local competitors. Most importantly clubs and coaches are rarely honest with familes. Any player above about #15 on the roster is pure profit for them, but those are the players that shouldn't be given offers. They won't play much , get frustrated and leave, even quit altogether. Having people leave the sport with a bad taste in their mouths ultimately isn't good for soccer. They're not going to become fans. Having as many kids play at any level and enjoying it what we need to build a soccer culture in this country

Comment

Yes parents are part of the problem, quickness leave for the greener pasture next door or their kid isn't playing enough or the "wrong" position. Many parents also don't know the game. Yet, clubs are also part of the problem. As said above there's little accountability. There's always a fresh crop of new players to fill rosters. Clubs have fanned out to all the different leagues so they don't have to play local competitors. Most importantly clubs and coaches are rarely honest with familes. Any player above about #15 on the roster is pure profit for them, but those are the players that shouldn't be given offers. They won't play much , get frustrated and leave, even quit altogether. Having people leave the sport with a bad taste in their mouths ultimately isn't good for soccer. They're not going to become fans. Having as many kids play at any level and enjoying it what we need to build a soccer culture in this country
                To be honest I think all club should operate like florida premier. They care about their players and they are honest.

Comment

JFC 0 - 0 Indiana Fire

JFC wins in PKs - 5-4 - Final Four bound! Congratulations girls!

Comment

JFC 0 - 0 Indiana Fire

JFC wins in PKs - 5-4 - Final Four bound! Congratulations girls!
                    Awesome. That’s making us in Florida proud!

Congratulations to Weston and Florida Premier 07 programs this year.

Comment

Awesome. That’s making us in Florida proud!

Congratulations to Weston and Florida Premier 07 programs this year.

And thank you to tbu for showing us where not to take our kids.

Comment

Posting constantly on the 4th of July Holiday? Seems like you are a coach or DOC and have made some very bad life choices and now you are miserable and angry. Blaming it on the clubs, the parents, the coaches, the kids. You should examine your life choices and choose a new profession. Maybe you will not be so hostile.

Comment

And thank you to tbu for showing us where not to take our kids.
                          Wow. All the TBU hate. Let’s see, next year TBU will most likely rebuild at the 07 age group. Maybe it’s best for the girls. I have a feeling TBU will come out successful.

Comment

so who is in the final four? website is not up to date.

Comment

Wow. All the TBU hate. Let’s see, next year TBU will most likely rebuild at the 07 age group. Maybe it’s best for the girls. I have a feeling TBU will come out successful.
                              tbu will rebuild the mansion they once had with a shotgun shack. Facts the so called tbu 07 franchise player they are building a team around is garbage.

Comment

tbu will rebuild the mansion they once had with a shotgun shack. Facts the so called tbu 07 franchise player they are building a team around is garbage.
                                Respond with grace, when others don’t.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X