Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey transgender (MALE) athletes. Your running with the men. Again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    thats just a stupid response
    available scholarships are finite- there is a final number, so the top of the list isnt the issue as much as the bottom of the list
    and exactly how does a biological female COMPETE with a biological male in a physical activity? follow the science, its very clear
    You wouldn't know science if it hit you in the face.

You are aware that a trans woman ran track and field last year right? She finished 1st in 400m Hurdles...very respectable finish. However, her time wouldn't crack the top 50 all time in D2 and she would have finished 7th in D1. She also ran the 100m hurdles and finished 5th. So, why she could compete with the females - she wasn't even remotely close to winning or being one of the best. follow the results....

Comment

thats just a stupid response
      available scholarships are finite- there is a final number, so the top of the list isnt the issue as much as the bottom of the list
      and exactly how does a biological female COMPETE with a biological male in a physical activity? follow the science, its very clear
      So, what you're saying is that we should suppress and exclude people from athletic competition because the 10,000th best player in the country didn't get a JUCO scholarship?

We are not talking about people who are doing this at a whim. We are talking about people who have committed to living their life as a woman - to the point of taking hormone suppressants and in some cases beginning or moving down the path of surgical transition.

Or do you honestly believe that athletic competition is only about wins/losses and there is nothing emotional or psychological to be gained by competing?

Perhaps you should just break down and pay for some extra training for your daughter if you're truly worried about it. Or, you could continue to rant anonymously on a message board.

Comment

So, what you're saying is that we should suppress and exclude people from athletic competition because the 10,000th best player in the country didn't get a JUCO scholarship?

We are not talking about people who are doing this at a whim. We are talking about people who have committed to living their life as a woman - to the point of taking hormone suppressants and in some cases beginning or moving down the path of surgical transition.

Or do you honestly believe that athletic competition is only about wins/losses and there is nothing emotional or psychological to be gained by competing?

Perhaps you should just break down and pay for some extra training for your daughter if you're truly worried about it. Or, you could continue to rant anonymously on a message board.
        so by your "rationale" why do we delineate by gender at all? What is the point of having separate mens and womens sports? According to you competing is not about wins/losses but just for the simple joy of playing the game. I think sleepy joe should just strike down all gender classifications in sports with the stroke of a pen. That would make everyone feel good about themselves in the safe space they are in and we could all live in a more equitable situation. Why should a female get a scholarship for athletics if there a male that is more athletic? Should he be punished because he is not as athletic as his peers?

Comment

so by your "rationale" why do we delineate by gender at all? What is the point of having separate mens and womens sports? According to you competing is not about wins/losses but just for the simple joy of playing the game. I think sleepy joe should just strike down all gender classifications in sports with the stroke of a pen. That would make everyone feel good about themselves in the safe space they are in and we could all live in a more equitable situation. Why should a female get a scholarship for athletics if there a male that is more athletic? Should he be punished because he is not as athletic as his peers?
          good point. by the same philosophy, joe should also allow all people, all races, all creed, the opportunity to compete in the special olympics. since we are all special and we should all be treated the same.

Comment

I never said it is just for the simple joy of playing. I said people compete for more than just trophies. And by removing these individuals from competition you're preventing them from enjoying the mental health aspects that go along with physical competition. However, If you're going to play the extrapolating absurdium game then why stop at stripping of male/female competitions get rid of JUCO, NAIA, NCAA D2 and D3...make everyone compete at same level. Of course you wouldn't want that...at least try to be consistent in your arguments though.

Comment

good point. by the same philosophy, joe should also allow all people, all races, all creed, the opportunity to compete in the special olympics. since we are all special and we should all be treated the same.
              Clearly you already qualify - go ahead. Everyone gets a medal in that competition so you'll finally have an award for your trophy case.

Comment

Clearly you already qualify - go ahead. Everyone gets a medal in that competition so you'll finally have an award for your trophy case.
                let sleepy joe get his first.

Comment

You wouldn't know science if it hit you in the face.

You are aware that a trans woman ran track and field last year right? She finished 1st in 400m Hurdles...very respectable finish. However, her time wouldn't crack the top 50 all time in D2 and she would have finished 7th in D1. She also ran the 100m hurdles and finished 5th. So, why she could compete with the females - she wasn't even remotely close to winning or being one of the best. follow the results....
                  the results are easy to find
                  google womens records and mens in track and field- men run faster, jump higher, jump longer etc....
                  try swimming,try golf
                  the science is clear males are stronger than females- the US womens national team in soccer lost to 15 year old boys
                  so dont tell us about some 5th heat 100m race that some trans girl won

Comment

I never said it is just for the simple joy of playing. I said people compete for more than just trophies. And by removing these individuals from competition you're preventing them from enjoying the mental health aspects that go along with physical competition. However, If you're going to play the extrapolating absurdium game then why stop at stripping of male/female competitions get rid of JUCO, NAIA, NCAA D2 and D3...make everyone compete at same level. Of course you wouldn't want that...at least try to be consistent in your arguments though.
                    that was the gist of your premise so I just finished it for you. Your premise was that it shouldn't matter if the biological male was competing with the biological female because they were basically the same...get rid of every division if y the wuestion you should be answering is why you are not.ou want an have open competition among all universities that want to compete against each other would be fine with me btw...see I believe competition is good for everyone involved and that wins and losses do matter when it is an even playing field... as a matter of fact I believe that a loss can be much more impactful on the athlete's development as a person then always winning... I am consistent in my beliefs

Comment

what i am saying is that we exclude biological males from competing against biological females- very simple
                      if its not about wins and losses then they should just compete against their biological gender- who do the non binary compete against?
                      its about fairness of competition- not about the life choices of a few
                      and dont worry about my kids - they practiced with males to get her better, quicker and faster- they are all college players now or have graduated and my ROI was positive

Comment

you really should read the story of the 2 female ct sprinters, what about their mental health aspects , never mind them what about the kid who would have been 3rd - now out of the medals-does she have any mental health concerns to you

Comment

you really should read the story of the 2 female ct sprinters, what about their mental health aspects , never mind them what about the kid who would have been 3rd - now out of the medals-does she have any mental health concerns to you
                          None - someone finishes third in every race. Someone finishes out of the medals in every race.

Comment

what i am saying is that we exclude biological males from competing against biological females- very simple
                            if its not about wins and losses then they should just compete against their biological gender- who do the non binary compete against?
                            its about fairness of competition- not about the life choices of a few
                            and dont worry about my kids - they practiced with males to get her better, quicker and faster- they are all college players now or have graduated and my ROI was positive

Ahhh, so your kids cheated. You think the only differentiator that matters is biological? Your kids got a competitive advantage because they were able to practice with males which is something others were unable to do. You rationalize it all you want but you think it's ok for you to seek out a competitive advantage for your kids but deny the right for someone else to simply because you arbitrarily drew a line.

Comment

None - someone finishes third in every race. Someone finishes out of the medals in every race.
                              fine so let the trannys finish out of the medals in a biological gender race

glad you are ok with that

Comment

Ahhh, so your kids cheated. You think the only differentiator that matters is biological? Your kids got a competitive advantage because they were able to practice with males which is something others were unable to do. You rationalize it all you want but you think it's ok for you to seek out a competitive advantage for your kids but deny the right for someone else to simply because you arbitrarily drew a line.
                                my kids got a competitive advantage? they sought out a competitive environment
                                thats not cheating thats working on your craft- others arent excluded they just have to find willing participants

my arbitrary line was drawn by science,Biology to be exact

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X