Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

This guy is an idiot. The amount of money you pay to ecnl you will NEVER get back in a return compared to putting that money into a college fund. Noone on the current bucks team is getting any full return on a D1 scholarship or even close to any sizeable amount. We know all the players on that team which has committed so far and those waiting to commit are not going to be stars in any top D1 program. The whole ynt ID selection they had sending their players was a joke for Chris to stroke his own ego. So keep paying that money LOL. Let us know when the remaining unsigned bucks commit to top D1 $$$$
    1% play D1 college soccer, good point.

Comment

I am an ECNL parent at a different club. I probably spent between 40 - 50k over 5 years for my daughter to play ECNL. She will have $35k deducted from a $56k bill in year 1. Plus all the other perks that come with playing D1 athletics. It was money well spent if you ask me.
      BULL****! AINT NO COLLEGE TUITION THESE DAYS ONLY 56K. colle

Comment

Yes--Tution is 56k a year. Angry Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by guest View Post

1% play d1 college soccer, good point.
          bingo

Comment

1% play D1 college soccer, good point.
            56k also includes books, dorm, meal plan and travel to and from. It is actually the total cost of attendance for 1 year.

Comment

56k also includes books, dorm, meal plan and travel to and from. It is actually the total cost of attendance for 1 year.
              If you know, you know. Angry Dad doesn't have a clue.

Comment

BULL****! AINT NO COLLEGE TUITION THESE DAYS ONLY 56K. colle
                Why do you care what anyone is paying? People are weird and obsessed with other peoples lives. Get well soon!

Comment

Why do you care what anyone is paying? People are weird and obsessed with other peoples lives. Get well soon!
                  It looks like out of state tuition/Board/fees etc for a state school
                  probably spot on to what the Univ predicts

Comment

I am an ECNL parent at a different club. I probably spent between 40 - 50k over 5 years for my daughter to play ECNL. She will have $35k deducted from a $56k bill in year 1. Plus all the other perks that come with playing D1 athletics. It was money well spent if you ask me.
                    Unless she doesn't cut it or is injured then what? Transfer?

Comment

$56K?? Sounds like your kid chose a mediocre, low-level D1 school so she could play soccer. Why did she choose a lesser academic school? So you could tout that she is a D1 soccer player? Is she not very bright? School counts now as she moves forward to begin a career. How much of that $35k was merit money??? My kid played ECNL and then went to a great academic D3 for under $30k per year (and that school had a sticker price in the $70s). Lets see how much she even plays there and if she is still on the team after a year or two. So many choices for schools revolve purely around soccer rather than weighted fits of academic and social life on top of the athletic piece which is a distant third (if not farther).

Comment

What ever the case as far as the tution. The money spent on club soccer should all come back and then some if you play your cards right. Find a school that fits. 20,000 (usually more) a year in scholarship money means $80,000 dollars at the least when all said and done given to the players. Thats a low ball figure. No way anyone spends 80,000 on club soccer. Well maybe Angry Dad.

Now if you walk on then your probably not getting your money back.

Comment

$56K?? Sounds like your kid chose a mediocre, low-level D1 school so she could play soccer. Why did she choose a lesser academic school? So you could tout that she is a D1 soccer player? Is she not very bright? School counts now as she moves forward to begin a career. How much of that $35k was merit money??? My kid played ECNL and then went to a great academic D3 for under $30k per year (and that school had a sticker price in the $70s). Lets see how much she even plays there and if she is still on the team after a year or two. So many choices for schools revolve purely around soccer rather than weighted fits of academic and social life on top of the athletic piece which is a distant third (if not farther).
                          University of South Carolina (not my kids school but similar), as one example, comes with a 50k price tag and is a top 15 soccer program that offers way more than any D3 school can as far as social life. Starting out a career with a degree from South Carolina is not going to be a problem for anyone.

Angry dad really doesn't have a clue about how all of this works.

Comment

What ever the case as far as the tution. The money spent on club soccer should all come back and then some if you play your cards right. Find a school that fits. 20,000 (usually more) a year in scholarship money means $80,000 dollars at the least when all said and done given to the players. Thats a low ball figure. No way anyone spends 80,000 on club soccer. Well maybe Angry Dad.

Now if you walk on then your probably not getting your money back.
                            The average soccer player is not getting $20k in athletic money. Do the math! You think each D1 player is getting a 33% athletic scholarship (assuming schools cost, on average $60k)? Are you not saying top 2-4 players per class arent averaging 75% or better for athletic money? Especially when you factor in the abundance of kids going to in-state state schools to play soccer .... if average in-state school costs $27k then your return just went down to $9k or $36k total. Easy to spend more than that on club soccer if they played since U9. Even if they didnt go to a state school, i bet you are severely understimating the costs of club soccer when you factor in fees, uniforms, travel, hotels, coaches fees (at many clubs) .....

Comment

The average soccer player is not getting $20k in athletic money. Do the math! You think each D1 player is getting a 33% athletic scholarship (assuming schools cost, on average $60k)? Are you not saying top 2-4 players per class arent averaging 75% or better for athletic money? Especially when you factor in the abundance of kids going to in-state state schools to play soccer .... if average in-state school costs $27k then your return just went down to $9k or $36k total. Easy to spend more than that on club soccer if they played since U9. Even if they didnt go to a state school, i bet you are severely understimating the costs of club soccer when you factor in fees, uniforms, travel, hotels, coaches fees (at many clubs) .....
                              You're a moron and/or a BSer. Your daughter got 33% athletic money to play at a school like USC? She got no merit or FA in that financial package? Yes, all of the girls soccer players go to USC or better and surely they all get 33% athletic money. Are they all in the USNT youth programs? Gimme a break! Let me guess, your daughter's similar school is UNC-Greenville. Tell me two kids from PA that are at USC (either one) and getting 33% in athletic money!? Kids choose to play D1 soccer and most are going to places like Iona, Central CT, Western KY, UMASS-LOWELL, Stony Brook ...... and worse schools that we have never even heard of!

Comment

University of South Carolina (not my kids school but similar), as one example, comes with a 50k price tag and is a top 15 soccer program that offers way more than any D3 school can as far as social life. Starting out a career with a degree from South Carolina is not going to be a problem for anyone.

Angry dad really doesn't have a clue about how all of this works.
                                You smell of BS....tell us the school and we will look at their tuition fees. College were about 50K back in 1990s You dumb ass. College these days sky rocketed.

If you think all the time and cost you spent in ecnl you are going to recoup back in college then you are an idiot and I got magic beans to sell you.

You got sold by a system to make you believe that you had to spend all that money to get recruited and that its a investment that will yield you a return like a 401K plan.

Some of you ecnl parents are so stuck up with social classification that you can't even smell the bs these ecnl clubs sell you.

We know all the bucks ecnl players and none of them getting top D1 money.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X