Xfire Billy Wiskel feedback

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billy is abusive, it’s a well known fact. Everyone should stop making excuses for him. There is absolutely no reason for girls to be verbally and mentally abused by a male coach. The parents that choose to allow their daughters to be coached by Billy are teaching their girls that it is okay to be demeaned, degraded and name called by a grown man. Finally a suspension has occurred. It is a long time coming and should have happened long ago. Better late than never- take your girls and run or stand up and demand a coach that is ethical and that models high standards of behavior for your girls. Who allows this kind of behavior to go on in their workplace? Is this what is allowed at your place of work? Are bosses allowed to abuse demean and degrade their employees? The answer is no. Neither should any teenage girl or boy be subject to “workplace” abuse on the soccer field. Take stand.

Comment

oh man.....have you ever been to a High School or College football game? Should we start giving our kids time out cards? Highly competitive sports comes with some tough love. Maybe choose another coach or sport. Sometimes tough choices need to be made by parents.

Comment

Yeah I’m sure you would put up with “tough love “ in the workplace. Fortunately there are laws protecting employees against workplace abuse. Not the same for kids in their soccer workplace. But it’s all changing and you are on the wrong side of history sadly. Billy is a horrible role model. He is unethical and it isn’t tough love it’s abuse. Call it what it is. No teen or adult should be subject to this type of sordid behavior. Facts. Which in the end is why he is suspended.
        Originally posted by Guest View Post
        oh man.....have you ever been to a High School or College football game? Should we start giving our kids time out cards? Highly competitive sports comes with some tough love. Maybe choose another coach or sport. Sometimes tough choices need to be made by parents.

Comment

You sound like a sissy

Comment

Yeah I’m sure you would put up with “tough love “ in the workplace. Fortunately there are laws protecting employees against workplace abuse. Not the same for kids in their soccer workplace. But it’s all changing and you are on the wrong side of history sadly. Billy is a horrible role model. He is unethical and it isn’t tough love it’s abuse. Call it what it is. No teen or adult should be subject to this type of sordid behavior. Facts. Which in the end is why he is suspended.
            I agree with your statements up until you declare "which in the end is why he is suspended". Do you have any proof of this? And don't give us the old "the truth will soon come out".

If you are speculating, that's ok, just say you believe this is why he was suspended.

But if you have some way of verifying that would be helpful for all of us looking to make decisions.

Comment

Billy is abusive, it’s a well known fact. Everyone should stop making excuses for him. There is absolutely no reason for girls to be verbally and mentally abused by a male coach. The parents that choose to allow their daughters to be coached by Billy are teaching their girls that it is okay to be demeaned, degraded and name called by a grown man. Finally a suspension has occurred. It is a long time coming and should have happened long ago. Better late than never- take your girls and run or stand up and demand a coach that is ethical and that models high standards of behavior for your girls. Who allows this kind of behavior to go on in their workplace? Is this what is allowed at your place of work? Are bosses allowed to abuse demean and degrade their employees? The answer is no. Neither should any teenage girl or boy be subject to “workplace” abuse on the soccer field. Take stand.
              If this was the reason for suspension -- verbal abuse -- Rilatt would be out, too.

If. Again, nothing seems confirmed. Just rumor.

Comment

You sound like a sissy
                We are talking about being abusive and you call me a sissy.....lol. Just leave the club or drop down a team. No one is forcing to play for any coach you deem abusive.

Comment

Obviously most get it but you for some reason dont.

Comment

There has been a lot of social and cultural change in the past few years, as various parts of the culture have migrated from an authoritarian, "old-school" world view in which superiors (bosses, teachers, coaches) were generally presumed entitled to mistreat their charges, into a more egalitarian world view in which while respect must be paid to authority, abuse is not tolerated. There has also, in many quarters, been a backlash against this change, with traditional authorities figures (often with the support of conservative politicians) have been, in some places, attempting to re-assert their longstanding prerogatives. What constitutes "abuse" and "mistreatment" still is up for debate, and some institutions are changing faster than others. One laggard has been sports, including youth sports, where the view of coach-as-God has long been in place, and that public humiliation of players has long been an acceptable part of the coaching kit. (I'm not talking about the occasional putdown here, especially when a cocky player gets put in their place; but withering verbal abuse). Many coaches and parents are fine with this, of course, and think that kids who can't handle it are p***ies. But the cultural change is taking place.

So far, in many of the places where abusive conduct has gotten coaches in trouble, it has often gone hand-in-hand with sex abuse scandals--places where the "hard-***" coach looks the other way while the team doctor molests players, or even might view a visit to the doc as suitable punishment.

I have no idea what is going on at Crossfire. And I certainly don't want to suggest that there is ANY sort of sexual misconduct there! But if the director of one of the most successful youth soccer clubs in the country is in hot water because, essentially, he's an ***hole--that is a fascinating development.

Comment

The person who called you a “sissy” was someone else. None of my children would be allowed within 100 yards of Billy. I make choices for not only my childrens athletic development but also their personal development. At the end of the day my children will be able to say the word no and be respected for using it because they know the difference between healthy coaching/leaders and toxic, abusive ones. That’s how I sleep at night and I’m good with it:).

We are talking about being abusive and you call me a sissy.....lol. Just leave the club or drop down a team. No one is forcing to play for any coach you deem abusive.

Comment

Very well said. Though the head coach of one of the top clubs nationally, eclipse, is accused of sexual inappropriateness there are also many claims of psychological abuse. It is being recognized and the shift is beginning to happen. And I too am not referring to a coach that yells at times from the sidelines or tells kids to work harder. It’s the name calling, degradation and psychological maltreatment that is at issue. And also racism but that’s another topic. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...t-allegations/

QUOTE=Guest;n4306788]There has been a lot of social and cultural change in the past few years, as various parts of the culture have migrated from an authoritarian, "old-school" world view in which superiors (bosses, teachers, coaches) were generally presumed entitled to mistreat their charges, into a more egalitarian world view in which while respect must be paid to authority, abuse is not tolerated. There has also, in many quarters, been a backlash against this change, with traditional authorities figures (often with the support of conservative politicians) have been, in some places, attempting to re-assert their longstanding prerogatives. What constitutes "abuse" and "mistreatment" still is up for debate, and some institutions are changing faster than others. One laggard has been sports, including youth sports, where the view of coach-as-God has long been in place, and that public humiliation of players has long been an acceptable part of the coaching kit. (I'm not talking about the occasional putdown here, especially when a cocky player gets put in their place; but withering verbal abuse). Many coaches and parents are fine with this, of course, and think that kids who can't handle it are p***ies. But the cultural change is taking place.

So far, in many of the places where abusive conduct has gotten coaches in trouble, it has often gone hand-in-hand with sex abuse scandals--places where the "hard-***" coach looks the other way while the team doctor molests players, or even might view a visit to the doc as suitable punishment.

I have no idea what is going on at Crossfire. And I certainly don't want to suggest that there is ANY sort of sexual misconduct there! But if the director of one of the most successful youth soccer clubs in the country is in hot water because, essentially, he's an ***hole--that is a fascinating development.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Based on the new safe sport training almost every coach I've every listened to from XF or anywhere else has said things that would trigger a violation. No idea what is going on with Billy, but the new guidance is very narrow on many topics with little grey area on what constitutes a violation. Comment on a kids social media post, violation. Tell a kid they came back from the break a little heavy, violation. Make a joke when the kids corner kick goes out of bounds "you missed the field" violation. I don't agree with bullying coaches and it's not necessary to be successful, but even coaches who are trying to do better and evolve with the new cultural standards are going to struggle. You could stick a recorder on any sideline and probably have enough evidence on one or both coaches for a safe sport report.

Comment

If you think Billy is Bad wait three years to see what travel reward points Kevin Legg does to the club. He destroyed our club down in Oregon before he ran off. His record is all about escaping after he create his damage, I think he’s going to be a disaster for the girls side at crossfire, I hope I’m wrong. No coach down in Oregon wanted to work for him, and now he’s a director at XF, WOW!

Comment

If this was the reason for suspension -- verbal abuse -- Rilatt would be out, too.
                              Only if a complaint was filed for him. You can be abusive and not be reported. Happens all the time.

Comment

Check out the ECNL standings on the ECNL website—Billy no longer listed as the coach on any of his teams.
                                https://public.totalglobalsports.com...eam/33/12590/9
                                QUOTE=Guest;n4306777]

I agree with your statements up until you declare "which in the end is why he is suspended". Do you have any proof of this? And don't give us the old "the truth will soon come out".

If you are speculating, that's ok, just say you believe this is why he was suspended.

But if you have some way of verifying that would be helpful for all of us looking to make decisions. [/QUOTE]

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X