Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good to know. Thanks. I have heard similar things. Any recommended coaches to keep an eye out for? Any thoughts on differences between Surf and WE? The WE parents I have spoken to seem to be pretty evangelical about the club, but Surf seems to have more teams at each age group, so practices could be closer to home.
    Assume, boys. Which age group? There are certain coaches at both clubs that if they were in my kids age group, we would play for them no question. WE has typically been focused almost solely on “premier” teams thus why they have fewer teams per age group. I believe they are increasing their partnership with IEYSA, mostly so IEYSA can survive, so that may change going forward. Surf has teams at most age groups from Select to Premier. They do a lot of age group based trainings/academies and have a pretty impressive technical staff and college preparation program once the kids get older since they are pretty big. I think both Clubs premier teams are pretty much based out of Plantes Ferry, Surfs select teams practice all over the place from the South Hill to Mead to DMC depending on where players are from. For premier, they are pretty close in price. Solid people at both clubs, individual coach at each age group would be the deciding factor IMO.

Comment

EW SURF SC families,

We are pleased to announce that EW SURF SC has entered into a Support Agreement with ASE of Columbia Basin after nearly a year of discussions. We are excited for the benefits and new possibilities this joint venture will create for the players, families, and coaches in Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho. We will continue to share information with our families as the relationship with ASE further develops. Thank you for your continued support

Comment

WE, Sounders, Timbers, Thorns...

What is the scoop on Eastern Washington Soccer working together with a "local" plan for soccer instead of following the PSPL model?

Comment

Just saw it on Shadows Facebook. Seems like they are either a.) worried about tournament revenue, b.) trying to freeze out Surf or c.) both.

Comment

Heard about this a couple weeks ago from our club and took it more like local clubs just working together to make up for Spring Season, even teams in WNPL/RCL who did get to finish up their season, giving those teams and opportunity to make up those game instead of paying for an extra summer league fee and with both RCL and PSPL clubs there is opportunity for teams to play each who wouldn't see each other in regular league play and overall just ensuring that all game are local without even have to travel to Tricities/Yakima. I didnt hear anything about Surf being being frozen out just not sure if they jumped on board but know Sandpoint Strikers will be part of this too and they are not listed on any of the info that got posted yesterday from those clubs.

Comment

Local clubs working together to support each other’s tournaments and use families money to pay soccer coaches.

Comment

Sad to see the tri cities isn’t included. We’re much to small a soccer community to do it on our own down here.

Comment

Sounds like ASE from Tri-Cities is very close with Surf...

Comment

Yeah, ASE and Surf have something. My daughter plays for 3RSC.

Comment

Local clubs working together to support each other’s tournaments and use families money to pay soccer coaches.
                      As much as Im trying to mainly see the positive, considering the clubs involved are updated their tournament dates and info recently suggests that this may be the case. Not sure how I feel about it, on one end yes I know clubs will be struggling financially without the tournaments but at the same time most families are too. Most of the parents from the 2 teams my kids play on are currently under the impression of no summer tournaments with exception of possibly participating in State Cup if it happens and that one for us is already paid for. I would just suggest to parents before committing for the next year to know what you are signing up for. Considering this year for most clubs is also new uniform cycle there it may come to a surprise to some families having to pay that, tuition and 4 tournament fees right off the bat at a time where some may not be working. I know for us we wont commit till we see the full summer/fall plan with tournament expectation and if needed may not choose to sign up until fall.

Comment

This has been part of the youth soccer business model for a long time. Are you new?

Comment

This has been part of the youth soccer business model for a long time. Are you new?
                          Doesn’t make it any more right...

Comment

Heard a little more on the reasoning and thought behind the Spokane/North Idaho Clubs working together for a spring league. First is that this was in motion before PSPL released their summer league plans. 2nd is the thought is the East side may open up a month or so before the West side so the clubs over here want to make sure they can still make up the spring season instead of waiting for PSPL to open up for both sides. The clubs also did not want to align with PSPL guideline of resigning players for next years season so soon as they didn't feel that was fair to all families and from what I heard that was the difference of why EW Surf wasn't mentioned in this partnership as they wanted to move forward with resigning players for next years season starting May 1.

Last reasoning for the partnership is for the clubs to support each other for the summer tournaments playing local vs out of state/across state tournaments. So looks like Hotshots (Timbers/Thorns) Olivia Chaffin (IEYSA) Northwest Cup (Shadow/Sounders) River City Cup/Challenge (FC Spokane) are still on.

Comment

In other words....dolla dolla bills yall. Gotta support those salaries...

PSPL was going to be completely local and not require cross-state travel.

Comment

Coach rosters?

Why hasn't Sounders and WE posted coaching rosters for teams? Registration is out but no coaches assigned. Part of picking a team has a lot to do with who is coaching. Surf has their coaches listed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X