Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OP said not interested in playing MLS or ECNL so keeping that in mind what club do suggest for Central Florida that would not play in a "crappy" league?
    The leauges might be Sunshine Academy, Sunshine Conference . Florida Club league in theory should fill that void but, it was a garbage dump

Comment

The leauges might be Sunshine Academy, Sunshine Conference . Florida Club league in theory should fill that void but, it was a garbage dump
      Sunshine Academy and/or Sunshine Conference. FCL was terrible. Would not recommend.

Comment

The leagues might be Sunshine Academy, Sunshine Conference . Florida Club league in theory should fill that void but, it was a garbage dump
        OP said no FKK/Rush/OCYS. Looking for other options at U16 boys. so Sunshine would be out. South Orlando has a team at U16 in FSPL but he said South Orlando would be a stretch for distance.
        Ideasport has a team in FCL1 but Disney might be too far.
        Barcelona has a team in FCL2 but Lake Mary also could be too far...

So... Not many options that I can think of.

Comment

OP said no FKK/Rush/OCYS. Looking for other options at U16 boys. so Sunshine would be out. South Orlando has a team at U16 in FSPL but he said South Orlando would be a stretch for distance.
          Ideasport has a team in FCL1 but Disney might be too far.
          Barcelona has a team in FCL2 but Lake Mary also could be too far...

So... Not many options that I can think of.
          Dr. Phillips has a team in EDP U16 but the team looks weak and the division also looks pretty low level.

Comment

We know the big clubs well (Rush, FKK, City). Like what some of the small clubs have to offer but, many times their access to decent quality leagues is restricted. Are there any hidden gems in Orlando? We are central so could go west as far as Clermont, East as far as FKK, South Orlando would be a stretch or north like City. Kid is not looking for ECNL or MLS and we are looking for boys team u 16 next year.
            If you want US style soccer (athletic)
            * Orlando City
            * FKK
            * Rush
            * Nona Soccer
            * FC Highland
            * Winter Park FC
            * South Orlando

If you want South American/European style soccer (possession)
            * GGS
            * Barca Academy Orlando (official Barcelona)
            * Barcelona Soccer Academy
            * Ideasport
            * R9
            * GOSA
            * Hunters Creek

Comment

Liverpool?

Their 2006 boys team looks really strong and seemed to play decent competition this year. Any one else know anything about them?

Comment

We know the big clubs well (Rush, FKK, City). Like what some of the small clubs have to offer but, many times their access to decent quality leagues is restricted. Are there any hidden gems in Orlando? We are central so could go west as far as Clermont, East as far as FKK, South Orlando would be a stretch or north like City. Kid is not looking for ECNL or MLS and we are looking for boys team u 16 next year.

Rush is not the big club it use to be, I saw that they are not even in the top 100 clubs. Suggest GGS or Fkk's ecnl-r ( not a ecnl).

Comment

Originally posted by shrimpster View Post
                  If you want US style soccer (athletic)
                  * Orlando City
                  * FKK
                  * Rush
                  * Nona Soccer
                  * FC Highland
                  * Winter Park FC
                  * South Orlando

If you want South American/European style soccer (possession)
                  * GGS
                  * Barca Academy Orlando (official Barcelona)
                  * Barcelona Soccer Academy
                  * Ideasport
                  * R9
                  * GOSA
                  * Hunters Creek

Agree with this top from first list is FKK & top from second list would be IdeaSport with GGS second. GGS more of a club to play if your already good and want to play with good players. IdeaSport if you want to play for a team with a development approach. FKK if you want to be able to say you play for a “good” league.

Wouldn’t waist time with R9, Nona or Hunters Creek

Comment

Agree with this top from first list is FKK & top from second list would be IdeaSport with GGS second. GGS more of a club to play if your already good and want to play with good players. IdeaSport if you want to play for a team with a development approach. FKK if you want to be able to say you play for a “good” league.

I agree with FKK ((because they have ECNL) and attract top players on the girls and some boys. But IdeaSport is overpriced with just a couple of ok teams on the boys side (girls teams are YMCA level with hefty cost). GGS is similar to IdeaSport on the boys side (very few college commits or proven track record of development or success past the age of 13) and just a notch above on the girls side.

Some of these clubs may be an option on the younger age groups but once they turn 13 you need to start looking at the big clubs that play in better leagues and have more to offer in general terms.

Comment

GGS is terrible at age 15 and above

Comment

I agree with FKK ((because they have ECNL) and attract top players on the girls and some boys. But IdeaSport is overpriced with just a couple of ok teams on the boys side (girls teams are YMCA level with hefty cost). GGS is similar to IdeaSport on the boys side (very few college commits or proven track record of development or success past the age of 13) and just a notch above on the girls side.

Some of these clubs may be an option on the younger age groups but once they turn 13 you need to start looking at the big clubs that play in better leagues and have more to offer in general terms.
                        My son went to a tryout at Ideasport Monday, got an email today with pricing, it’s substantially less then it was 2 years ago when we checked it out. Still not sure if I will choose this club but the price is not much a factor as it was before. For me at least.

Comment

My son went to a tryout at Ideasport Monday, got an email today with pricing, it’s substantially less then it was 2 years ago when we checked it out. Still not sure if I will choose this club but the price is not much a factor as it was before. For me at least.
                          So now it’s 4K instead of 5k. Still not even close to worth it. Below average league access, best boys teams are average at best and really bad on the girls side and no history of player development or college play opportunities.

Comment

No, actually IdeaSport 2.5k for those who are honestly curious and don’t want to just bash any comment people make on here. Every club has problems, but when I see the price is close to what I pay at South Orlando it becomes more of an option then ever before.

Comment

No, actually IdeaSport 2.5k for those who are honestly curious and don’t want to just bash any comment people make on here. Every club has problems, but when I see the price is close to what I pay at South Orlando it becomes more of an option then ever before.
                              Yeah, but when you add all the additional cost that are not included in the program fees it definitely is closer to 4K. I have 2 players involved in soccer. One at IdeaSport and the other one at another club and IdeaSport definitely adds on costs that other clubs usually cover or charge less for.

Comment

I have $220 per month plus registration and uniform which totals between 2.5k an 3k. You have a player there now so the prices are going down correct? What your saying May be true, I’m not there but if it’s going down it’s better then other clubs I’ve inquired about that are going UP!

the drive may keep me from going anyways but full summer training 4 days a week at ESPN for only $400 is how I’ll kick the tires over there. That is very fair pricing IMO

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X