Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Um, I don’t think the fine folks at WPFC are worried about a little organization like Valor...you are funny!
    Pretty sure Valor is not a “little organization” but even so why crow about WPFC being enormous? Being a huge club is not a virtue, if you ask any kid or parent looking for personal attention and quality training.

Comment

I dont think WPFC is “worried” but you dont think the series of posts seem odd?

Sorry if I’m being a conspiracy theorist
      The guy or gal got expose!those damn rednecks are pretty bright.

Comment

Perplexing... This whole post seems to have been created as a shill for WPFC.

Comment

I’m the OP...and this just sounds odd. I met with a lot of people at WPFC and I was told about the standings by one of the parents. Of course she is going to know how her own kids team is doing in the standings...any good team manager will be tracking that. And she knew about the other two teams in that age group because her daughter has friends on both teams and they all talk.
          The parents were very outgoing at WPFC; when I went to check out a game at Valor some skinny older dude was talking my ear off about what a great businessman he is and how amazing this club was going to be. I got a weird vibe from him and it turns out he is on the board there. I liked Eastside too, but WPFC just seemed like the right place for my kids! The kids and parents at Valor seemed cliquey and Eastside was good just not as welcoming as WPFC.

Comment

Sorry I thought I already put the gender but both my kids are girls! I talked with some of the parents from the girls 2009 team at WPFC and they were great! I looked over the stats for all three of the girls’ teams in that age group and they are all ranked well.
            Sorry, you said “stats” earlier, appears you meant standings. While most managers at 2009 will know W/L/T of their own team, in the RCL they try to keep “standings” secret for U12 and under.

There are of course parents that figure out ways around this, but it is unusual for all age groups and teams (A, B, & C) to know the actual standings.

Comment

I’m the OP...and this just sounds odd. I met with a lot of people at WPFC and I was told about the standings by one of the parents. Of course she is going to know how her own kids team is doing in the standings...any good team manager will be tracking that. And she knew about the other two teams in that age group because her daughter has friends on both teams and they all talk.
              The parents were very outgoing at WPFC; when I went to check out a game at Valor some skinny older dude was talking my ear off about what a great businessman he is and how amazing this club was going to be. I got a weird vibe from him and it turns out he is on the board there. I liked Eastside too, but WPFC just seemed like the right place for my kids! The kids and parents at Valor seemed cliquey and Eastside was good just not as welcoming as WPFC.
              Why does WPFC care about a small club in Maple Valley?

Comment

Sorry, you said “stats” earlier, appears you meant standings. While most managers at 2009 will know W/L/T of their own team, in the RCL they try to keep “standings” secret for U12 and under.

There are of course parents that figure out ways around this, but it is unusual for all age groups and teams (A, B, & C) to know the actual standings.
                Sorry if I used the wrong wording...I’m an idiot when it comes to sport talk! I hated to see the discussion take a turn like this. Especially since everyone gave me great advice!

Comment

Pretty sure Valor is not a “little organization” but even so why crow about WPFC being enormous? Being a huge club is not a virtue, if you ask any kid or parent looking for personal attention and quality training.
                  Valor is a little club and that’s not a good thing with the way they are organized. Does personal treatment mean always having different coaches because they can’t keep them around for long. Or having coaches that are taking on too much and are a nightmare to try and schedule games with. I know a few Valor teams that have been unable to schedule all of their games because of this.
                  Or how about how it’s small enough that everyone gossips about everything and the parents are a toxic mess. Or that kids that have no business being on an ‘A’ team get on one because their friends are there or their parents are in with the board.
                  Nobody said that WPFC is enormous but they are a big club that knows what they are doing and there is a lot to be said for that. Valor is new and floundering; they are a mess.
                  The person that originally posted was looking for input and you made it into something else. I get it your kid probably goes there and you want to hype the club up but let’s face it Valor is a Select club that charges Premier club dues.

Comment

Sorry if I used the wrong wording...I’m an idiot when it comes to sport talk! I hated to see the discussion take a turn like this. Especially since everyone gave me great advice!
                    Yes, you hated to see it take a turn like this, yet you went ahead and posted gossipy comments about a skinny guy you got a weird vibe from and that 11 year olds kids and their parents were cliquey. Nice try.

Comment

Yes, you hated to see it take a turn like this, yet you went ahead and posted gossipy comments about a skinny guy you got a weird vibe from and that 11 year olds kids and their parents were cliquey. Nice try.
                      “Nice try” at what? Stating my personal experience is just that, nothing more. But I won’t keep you, I’m sure you have some YouTube conspiracy theory videos to watch.

Comment

Family fit

The family fit is very important. We found ours at PAC. Good luck to you and your family as it is a commitment for everyone! Having good parents makes practice late on weds nights tolerable.

Comment

My family and I moved to Maple Valley a couple of months ago and we are trying to decide if Valor will be a good fit for our kids (9, 12). We haven’t heard too many good things about Valor and we were wondering if we would be better off taking the extra drive time and shuttling our kids to PAC or WPFC. Both of our kids have played soccer for years and our older kid was on an “A” team and younger landed on a “B” team. They are very competitive kids and want a club that takes soccer seriously while still having fun. Any thoughts?
                          Hmmmm . . . Our family has joined the Valor Soccer Club. And we love it here. Not sure who've spoken about regarding the G09 teams, but we've guest played with G09 Gold Team and the players were very welcoming and so were the parents. Each club has its pros and cons. This club is only two years old, but we love the direction and vision the DOCs and club leadership has for the future of this club. My recommendation is to contact the club and see if you can join the team for a couple practices. Most clubs will allow new players interested to do that. Go meet the people in the age group yourself and make your own decisions. FYI, a strong team of G09 players has joined Valor, and they've assigned some great coaches to the age group for next year. There are definitely people on this board that have it out for Valor, my suggestion is you go try the club yourself and see if it fits your family. Good luck and have fun wherever you choose to play!

Comment

Hmmmm . . . Our family has joined the Valor Soccer Club. And we love it here. Not sure who've spoken about regarding the G09 teams, but we've guest played with G09 Gold Team and the players were very welcoming and so were the parents. Each club has its pros and cons. This club is only two years old, but we love the direction and vision the DOCs and club leadership has for the future of this club. My recommendation is to contact the club and see if you can join the team for a couple practices. Most clubs will allow new players interested to do that. Go meet the people in the age group yourself and make your own decisions. FYI, a strong team of G09 players has joined Valor, and they've assigned some great coaches to the age group for next year. There are definitely people on this board that have it out for Valor, my suggestion is you go try the club yourself and see if it fits your family. Good luck and have fun wherever you choose to play!
                            Is their Gold Team their best team?? If so, why is their best team playing in Division 4? Is it because it makes the players and parents feel good about beating other clubs C and D teams? Plus where do the girls go that want more competition with no ECNL teams? Sounds like those parents are paying Premier prices for Select Teams!

Comment

I suspect that when a new team enters the league, they make them start at the bottom. You don't just throw an A team in Division 1 because they say they are an A team. We had a Valor team in our division move up mid-season before we got to play them because they were destroying a lot of teams. It was their first year in the age group, so they got placed at the bottom. Obviously after a few weeks, they saw that they needed moved up and swapped them with a team who was playing poorly in a higher division. It seems like the same thing happens with Cascade FC when their teams start at U11, they always get placed at the bottom division to start, and then if they can handle it, they move them up to the next level the following season.

But, to be fair, there are an awful lot of clubs in the area calling themselves elite and charging elite prices, with not much to show for it.

Comment

That's right. New comers start from bottom.

There is Bellevue United G05 team, win founders cup as select team in NPSL and then invited and win president cup. The team decided to go to RCL. Started from bottom division and crushed every game until they move up to division 1 (after 2 or 3 years). They did pretty well in the beginning but lost several games recently. I suspect there are something change in the team. I am not with this team but kind of feel bad for them because they spent 2 or 3 years playing with weak teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X