Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is this how you cover up a cheating scandal?
    Nice work.
    A Sleepy Joe distraction technique.
    Shocking if true.

Comment

New coach seems to have meshed well with team.
      Odd though, NCAA score posting of Lafayette beating Army 2-1 is MENS score. Check if players shows men's names.

According to Army schedule game was postponed.

Blewitt would have been all over that incompetence. Not sure if Army or League or both.

Comment

New coach seems to have meshed well with team.
        Odd though, NCAA score posting of Lafayette beating Army 2-1 is MENS score. Check if players shows men's names.

According to Army schedule game was postponed.

Blewitt would have been all over that incompetence. Not sure if Army or League or both.
        Ha just saw it. The NCAA has it posted as a women's soccer result. I see what you mean. Line ups clearly men.

Agree. Team seems to have adjusted and just moved on.

Comment

anonymous

There are no athletic scholarships at West Point. If you are appointed, and you meet the physical and academic criteria, everything is paid for by the school for all students, not just athletes. You also need to commit to 5 years of duty in the Army after college. This eliminates many, many kids that play high level soccer. The WP coach will go to tournaments and approach a lot of players and most won't be interested in making the commitment, especially when other programs can offer some money, and the kids can have a little more fun. WP isn't a very high level soccer program, and I doubt very much this coach gets a D1 job again if any of this is true.

Comment

There are no athletic scholarships at West Point. If you are appointed, and you meet the physical and academic criteria, everything is paid for by the school for all students, not just athletes. You also need to commit to 5 years of duty in the Army after college. This eliminates many, many kids that play high level soccer. The WP coach will go to tournaments and approach a lot of players and most won't be interested in making the commitment, especially when other programs can offer some money, and the kids can have a little more fun. WP isn't a very high level soccer program, and I doubt very much this coach gets a D1 job again if any of this is true.
            Clearly, another anonymous parent who has no idea what it means to be a West Point cadet. It’s a “Gold ticket” for life. You put that on your resume it gets you to the top of the list for job opportunities. People are drawn to academy graduates. Yes, it’s a major commitment but the rewards will be with you for your life. Playing Sports for Army is an honor who have had great coaches including Parcells and Bobby Knight. Playing soccer is no different. It’s D1!

Comment

Clearly, another anonymous parent who has no idea what it means to be a West Point cadet. It’s a “Gold ticket” for life. You put that on your resume it gets you to the top of the list for job opportunities. People are drawn to academy graduates. Yes, it’s a major commitment but the rewards will be with you for your life. Playing Sports for Army is an honor who have had great coaches including Parcells and Bobby Knight. Playing soccer is no different. It’s D1!
              True. I have to add that the service academies were able to play when the rest of their leagues were shut down. Making their own rules though. So maybe they should be in the independent leagues since they are independent.

Comment

Yes they have some limitations with recruiting because of the commitment and extreme qualifications to even get accepted. But the teams are hardly terrible. These are high performing incredibly dedicated student athletes of the highest order. The above posters are also correct that academy grads are highly sought after by employers after they finish. So a free education, a chance to play decent sports, work experience/good job after you're done. Not a bad deal for the right applicant.

Comment

anonymous

I am not a parent. My point is that yes it is an honor to be considered for admission there, but it is often not considered by the majority of kids who are the top players because of the military commitment. I have been to the showcases with teams and most if not all players who can get offers from other top schools will choose to go to those schools because of the non-military commitment and lifestyle. I spoke to WP coaches who said finding good players who wanted to become Army officers after college was challenging. Usually the kid and their families reach out to them to indicate they want to go there. Lastly, they are not poor teams, they are just lower tiered D1 programs..no knock on them, it's just what it is.

Comment

I am not a parent. My point is that yes it is an honor to be considered for admission there, but it is often not considered by the majority of kids who are the top players because of the military commitment. I have been to the showcases with teams and most if not all players who can get offers from other top schools will choose to go to those schools because of the non-military commitment and lifestyle. I spoke to WP coaches who said finding good players who wanted to become Army officers after college was challenging. Usually the kid and their families reach out to them to indicate they want to go there. Lastly, they are not poor teams, they are just lower tiered D1 programs..no knock on them, it's just what it is.
                    Considered mid like low tier 2 or tier 3. No so bad when you tie in all the retirement benefits and service perks.

Comment

As another posted they play by their own rules, literally. The service academics had a fall season and a spring season wherein the rest of the schools in their league were restricted and shut down. Seems fair (cough, cough).

Comment

These academies, on our tax dollar as a government benefactor, get tremendous funding. Not the same at other schools.

Comment

Did anyone find out why he left?

Comment

Sac\d

True. I have to add that the service academies were able to play when the rest of their leagues were shut down. Making their own rules though. So maybe they should be in the independent leagues since they are independent.
                            Sad to see

Comment

They made a terrible choice. The current coach really doesn't know what she's doing! She took out a center mid who had just scored and had only played for 6 minutes. There's a lot of running around with nothing being accomplished! Sure wish we had the old coach back!!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                                They made a terrible choice. The current coach really doesn't know what she's doing! She took out a center mid who had just scored and had only played for 6 minutes. There's a lot of running around with nothing being accomplished! Sure wish we had the old coach back!!
                                Good of you to judge her after only a few games. Was it your kid she pulled?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X