Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big changes at PAC

I see there are big changes at PAC. Leighton is leaving, anyonen know what's up?

not sure of specifics, but could be it just time to close one chapter and move to the next. i think his dad is retiring soon, and he has a daughter who is about to graduate high school. good work for the club to promoto MAlia. I think she will do well and the state needs to mix up their good old boys club of coaches and directors who all played for the sounders.

Comment

this isn't the only director who is leaving their club. Andy Machen also left RUSH and he was one of their top guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        not sure of specifics, but could be it just time to close one chapter and move to the next. i think his dad is retiring soon, and he has a daughter who is about to graduate high school. good work for the club to promoto MAlia. I think she will do well and the state needs to mix up their good old boys club of coaches and directors who all played for the sounders.
        Malia and Leighton have been controversial to say the least. Agree, its good to see a woman leading, but outside of gender, would Viet have been the better choice?

Comment

Leighton leaving is a bit of old news. I think he fell on his sword so the club could move on from the early tryout issue last season.

Viet would've been a great choice, but I appreciate women getting a chance to lead.

I wonder if female coaches choose one club over others based on how they think they will be treated by the men in charge when they arrive. Or if coaching soccer is just unappealing.

Comment

Leighton leaving is a bit of old news. I think he fell on his sword so the club could move on from the early tryout issue last season.

Viet would've been a great choice, but I appreciate women getting a chance to lead.

I wonder if female coaches choose one club over others based on how they think they will be treated by the men in charge when they arrive. Or if coaching soccer is just unappealing.
            I think having a female Director would attract more women. Not sure if this is necessarily the case with Melia

Comment

Viet didn't want the job. He has two young kids and he is trying to spend more time with them, rather than less.

Comment

Viet didn't want the job. He has two young kids and he is trying to spend more time with them, rather than less.
                Makes sense!

Comment

I heard two years ago he was leaving as soon as his daughter graduated it wasn’t a big secret . parents/ Coaches /board members all knew that .

Comment

I see from PAC's Instagram that Kate Norton will be their new Girls Director. I haven't met her but she has an impressive resume...former Girls Development Academy Director at San Diego Surf...former University of Arizona coach...youth national team coach, etc....Seems like a good hire.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X