Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If your kid isn't playing soccer why are you here? On the other hand, tell us more about your time playing "at a high level" hahahaha
    Reading an issue ? I played at an academy . I’m on here to find some information on a club that I may put my son into . After reading through you crazies posts - nothing has changed so that won’t be happening .

Comment

Reading an issue ? I played at an academy . I’m on here to find some information on a club that I may put my son into . After reading through you crazies posts - nothing has changed so that won’t be happening .
      Reading your posts feels like being in a car wreck

Comment

These boards are the worst of the worst, but if your son is interested in playing, why hold him back because some of the parents are awful? If you have playing experience you should be able to evaluate the coaching...go out and observe

Comment

These boards are why I pulled my talented son out of soccer , two faced slimy back stabbing trolls who wont even understand that their kids are not even close to being a high standard player . Especially with the crash and bang soccer we play here and the mechanical nature of the practices . They can make average players look competent but not great . True talent is stifled and told to fall in line , in effect no matter what league they conjure up , be it Rcl ,DA ,pspl none are fit for purpose and only there to extract money from gullible parents , find yourself a club that doesn’t take itself too seriously and doesn’t try to sell you blue sky and most importantly let your kids enjoy themselves . I played at a high level and my greatest memories were not of playing for an academy but of playing with my friends at the younger age groups .
          LOL I have a hard time believing you played at a high level with a statement like this. Most people who have that much of a love of the game that played at a high level and dedicated a chunk of their lives to soccer want to pass that on to their kids. Stupid internet comments would not hold them back. I 100% agree with your other statements like we play crash and bang soccer here and that makes marginal athletes look exceptional, but there are ways to keep your kids playing a sport you say you excelled at and not fall victim to crash and bang ECNL teams. If you played at a such a high level you would know that.

Comment

LOL I have a hard time believing you played at a high level with a statement like this. Most people who have that much of a love of the game that played at a high level and dedicated a chunk of their lives to soccer want to pass that on to their kids. Stupid internet comments would not hold them back. I 100% agree with your other statements like we play crash and bang soccer here and that makes marginal athletes look exceptional, but there are ways to keep your kids playing a sport you say you excelled at and not fall victim to crash and bang ECNL teams. If you played at a such a high level you would know that.
            Yes I had a love of the game but that’s gone . The two faced nature and pay to play soccer has really killed my love of the game . My son has many other interests which I encourage , as I know he’s not ever going to make a career out of soccer (much like I didn’t ) I want a fun experience for him . I’m also not from this country and English is not my first language so we fell automatically into the ‘premier’ trap hence why I am on this board trying to find a good club for him to maybe give it another go . What would you recommend ?

Comment

If you want a smaller club with a more personal feel look at PSPL league. Cost a little less, have a few less games a year less and lots of independent clubs with only a few teams and larger clubs too.

If your kid does multiple sports than NPSL select league is your best option. Coaching tends to be trash smash ball no passing, but there are a few in the league that buck that trend.

I would go watch games in your kids age group, and make up your mind for yourself rather than looking on here. Schedules are posted on every leagues website. Some clubs have bad reputations just because they are big, some clubs have bad reputations that they earned. Some of the coaches people hate on this board are the same coach that some love . . .

Comment

Yes I had a love of the game but that’s gone . The two faced nature and pay to play soccer has really killed my love of the game . My son has many other interests which I encourage , as I know he’s not ever going to make a career out of soccer (much like I didn’t ) I want a fun experience for him . I’m also not from this country and English is not my first language so we fell automatically into the ‘premier’ trap hence why I am on this board trying to find a good club for him to maybe give it another go . What would you recommend ?
                how old and where do you live?

Proximity and team chemistry should be your two most important factors.

Leagues dont develop players, but if all other factors are equal, play in the most competitive league you can.

Clubs dont develop players either. Find a club that is well funded and attracts great coaches.

Team coaches have nominal impact in your child's development. 2% of the coaches may be great. 98% are mediocre. Its what your kid does outside of practice that is essential to your childs development.

coaches come and go. The club and the league are just a platform. Find the platform that fits your child best.

Comment

sorry i should have stated coach at U16 and above can be very impactful on your childs long term plans.

Comment

Still excited about the elite academy league?

https://eliteacademyleague.com/northwest-pacific/

Capital FC?
                    Mount Rainier FC?

Sounds worse than PSPL!

Have fun traveling to play garbage teams.

Comment

Still excited about the elite academy league?

https://eliteacademyleague.com/northwest-pacific/

Capital FC?
                      Mount Rainier FC?

Sounds worse than PSPL!

Have fun traveling to play garbage teams.
                      Brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerJBL View Post
                        1) "The Elite Academy League is an all-boys developmental youth soccer league created to extend the player pool of the “MLS Elite Clubs” and provide a reserve league-like platform to help the next tier of talented players prepare to advance."

2) EPD is WA version of ODP. ODP West Region Camp took place in OR in 2019 and is an invite experience for players who participated in ODP West Region Championships

3) My point had nothing to do with bragging - it was about the larger soccer landscape outside of WA.

4) What's up with all the "unregistered" and unwillingness to provide some sort of identification. Isn't this a board where parents talk about youth soccer with the focus on kids...

5) Over generalizations of "facts" are always interesting. Yes, people leave Gunners. But guess what, people come back as well. It depends on what the family is looking for.

6) In a couple weeks, if whatever club you belong to joins EAL will you be leaving to a different club?

7) You cannot have my son's autograph. That would be creepy.

See you all at tryouts.
                        My club didn’t join EAL, but i see MRFC did.

Wow.

Comment

MRFC is elite.

Comment

MRFC is elite.
                            You forgot to put a smiley emoticon next to your sarcastic comment. It got me worried there for a sec you believed they were elite.

Comment

You forgot to put a smiley emoticon next to your sarcastic comment. It got me worried there for a sec you believed they were elite.
                              They must be! ISC Gunner parent says EAL is the best!

Comment

Where are you gunner parent? Did you leave to play ECNL?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X