Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I love posts like this. Have we not all learned something about posting an "I hate you coach" thread. We have never played or know Billy but we have played for other controversial coaches, some we hated and some we loved. Here is a simple truth. Coaches have styles that may be beneficial for some and detrimental for others. For every person who hates the coach and says that coach destroyed my kids future ability to play for Real Madrid, there is an opposite person that says that coach is the sole reason my kid is playing for Real Madrid. This is not limited to this forum either. I hear it every weekend from fellow parents griping about coaches. Get over yourself and your kid and realize that when you or your kid don't like a coach, or vice versa, realize a coach is not invested in your kid, the coach is not specifically out to get you (unless they are....bbbbuuuuuwwwwwaaaaaaaahahahahahaha, best attempt at internet evil laugh). Maybe, just maybe, it is just your opinion and your kid doesn't mesh well with the coaches style. Leave the team, leave the club, do something other than blind commitment to a club and hope it will get better with a coach change.
    Great advice! The coaching piece is tough...two of my kids had the same coach different years. For one, coach was ideal. For the other, a disaster...and the coach was different too. For first kid, the team was lower stakes. Second kid, coach got elevated to the club's "star" team, didn't produce instant results, dealt with parents' complaining, coach was stressed and screamy and got replaced midseason. In another situation, we knew the coach was negative, but encouraged kid to stick it out. thank god other parents complained, coach was removed midseason, and someone positive came in and turned my kid's trajectory around.

My biggest regret as a parent is encouraging my kids to stick it out too long in negative situations. Most coaches don't get paid enough and have too many things going at once to actually develop a player that they don't instantly click with. The club will not be loyal to you so don't be afraid to make a change that can benefit your kid.

Comment

Our experience with billy wiskel in 2021 is terrible, so far. He coaches the XF ECNL G09 team. He doesn’t behave well on the sideline while the game is happening. He constantly yells and screams at his players. Our daughter and in fact several of the parents admitted their girls are extremely upset about the behavior of this coach. I don’t know if the US soccer association evaluates these behaviors while awarding licenses. There is a group of parents constantly lobby with him to get play time for their kids. Even if their kids make mistakes or cannot do something, he doesn’t care too much. For other players, the rules are strict. He gives silly reasons to pull out players. There are some girls who have played only 2 hours out of 20+ games played this year. He also has the habit of hiring new players from other clubs and run his team with this talent. The moment he does that the other main players will be benched. He is relying on identifying players from other clubs vs. training his own players to become better. Since the time he started coaching, our kid has not improved. In fact, we have to rely on other coaching sources to stay on top of the game to get into better teams next year. All the money we are paying crossfire club is really not giving us any returns. Also, during practices, he talks to a certain parents, takes phone calls, and hence the attention to detail is very low on the practice. Our suggestion to Billy is to behave well on sidelines, coach every player by putting in the best effort, be respectful to players and not yell, focus on practice vs. phone, and coach 12-year-olds like 12 years by giving playtimes fairly for all players. Leaving the club or team is easy to say, but it is difficult once season starts. if the club will give refund then we might consider.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Our experience with billy wiskel in 2021 is terrible, so far. He coaches the XF ECNL G09 team. He doesn’t behave well on the sideline while the game is happening. He constantly yells and screams at his players. Our daughter and in fact several of the parents admitted their girls are extremely upset about the behavior of this coach. I don’t know if the US soccer association evaluates these behaviors while awarding licenses. There is a group of parents constantly lobby with him to get play time for their kids. Even if their kids make mistakes or cannot do something, he doesn’t care too much. For other players, the rules are strict. He gives silly reasons to pull out players. There are some girls who have played only 2 hours out of 20+ games played this year. He also has the habit of hiring new players from other clubs and run his team with this talent. The moment he does that the other main players will be benched. He is relying on identifying players from other clubs vs. training his own players to become better. Since the time he started coaching, our kid has not improved. In fact, we have to rely on other coaching sources to stay on top of the game to get into better teams next year. All the money we are paying crossfire club is really not giving us any returns. Also, during practices, he talks to a certain parents, takes phone calls, and hence the attention to detail is very low on the practice. Our suggestion to Billy is to behave well on sidelines, coach every player by putting in the best effort, be respectful to players and not yell, focus on practice vs. phone, and coach 12-year-olds like 12 years by giving playtimes fairly for all players. Leaving the club or team is easy to say, but it is difficult once season starts. if the club will give refund then we might consider.
        Totally know the feeling. Our older girls team has already had 5 girls quit since summer and another 4 are talking about it at the encl level. We went to surf cup and with no heads up he brought girls from other clubs that have no want to play for xfire and we had numerous xfire girls play less than 20 minutes the whole tournament and wasted numerous parents money. The girls he brought in did nothing to help the team win games yet they played every minute. The girls and those parents even apologized to the team afterwards saying it wasn't right what he did. Our daughter is being recruited right now and college coaches have wanted to connect with Billy and he hasn't responded to them or our daughter in 2 months. Most games he is on his phone constantly. All these out of state tournaments he wants us to go to more feel like we are going just so he can be on vacation.
        His lack of communication to parents and the players is absolutely horrendous. He has done little to improve the team or individual players and we had maybe 1 practice a week from end of July until highschool soccer.

His ego is the biggest I've ever seen in a coach. All he wants to do is talk about himself and how great he was at soccer.

Comment

Totally know the feeling. Our older girls team has already had 5 girls quit since summer and another 4 are talking about it at the encl level. We went to surf cup and with no heads up he brought girls from other clubs that have no want to play for xfire and we had numerous xfire girls play less than 20 minutes the whole tournament and wasted numerous parents money. The girls he brought in did nothing to help the team win games yet they played every minute. The girls and those parents even apologized to the team afterwards saying it wasn't right what he did. Our daughter is being recruited right now and college coaches have wanted to connect with Billy and he hasn't responded to them or our daughter in 2 months. Most games he is on his phone constantly. All these out of state tournaments he wants us to go to more feel like we are going just so he can be on vacation.
          His lack of communication to parents and the players is absolutely horrendous. He has done little to improve the team or individual players and we had maybe 1 practice a week from end of July until highschool soccer.

His ego is the biggest I've ever seen in a coach. All he wants to do is talk about himself and how great he was at soccer.
          Our daughter had a specific college coach come to watch her play and Billy knew ahead of time. Our daughter didn't get a single minute that game. It was the first time she had never gotten to play. She had started every game for billy until that moment.

Comment

wow, that's simply evil. why would a coach actually do this ??

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Thank you Billy
              Lol - excellent reply. Haha.

Comment

I hate to be that person but XF ECNL G09 team is the top team in Division 1. I'm sorry that you and your kid had a less than ideal experience but it may be brushed off as the results speak for themselves...

Comment

Sorry your 09 is having such a negative experience. Perhaps if there is roster space she could play up with 08B or down with 09B? Probably get more minutes and have a better experience either way. I think Rairdon coaches both of those teams and he's a good coach, not a screamer.

Comment

Some parents should be quite careful about what they post in anonymous internet forums. Sometimes its a dead give away who you are.

Here's the reality of the situation - Billy is hard on the girls and its not everyone's cup of tea. Not everyone is going to get equal playing time - this isn't crossfire select or rec.

Yes, he's on his phone frequently at practice. Yes, he overcoaches on the sidelines on game day. He's trying to teach the girls to compete. Blaming other parents for your kids lack of playing time is a terrible excuse. Billy is results oriented.. I guarantee you if your player was a top 11 in the current roster - they would play more.

If they are not happy, you should schedule a time to chat with Billy one on one - and make a decision if staying on the team is right for you and your player. If its not, I'm sure that XF will release you to another team and allow you to make other arrangements.

Comment

Imagine talking about “results” and using it as an excuse for poor behavior when coaching a U13 girls team. Are you people serious?

Comment

I hate to be that person but XF ECNL G09 team is the top team in Division 1. I'm sorry that you and your kid had a less than ideal experience but it may be brushed off as the results speak for themselves...
                        Wow. The top 09 team in rcl division 1 in the entire state of Washington. Congrats. Quite the trade-off for subjecting your kid to constant stream of verbal abuse that is readily transparent to anyone who watches one of his games from the sidelines or on video.

Comment

Wow. The top 09 team in rcl division 1 in the entire state of Washington. Congrats. Quite the trade-off for subjecting your kid to constant stream of verbal abuse that is readily transparent to anyone who watches one of his games from the sidelines or on video.
                          Soccer parents=pimps

Comment

Bump... because people should be aware of this behavior. XF likes to bury these kind of threads....

Comment

Some parents should be quite careful about what they post in anonymous internet forums. Sometimes its a dead give away who you are.

Here's the reality of the situation - Billy is hard on the girls and its not everyone's cup of tea. Not everyone is going to get equal playing time - this isn't crossfire select or rec.

Yes, he's on his phone frequently at practice. Yes, he overcoaches on the sidelines on game day. He's trying to teach the girls to compete. Blaming other parents for your kids lack of playing time is a terrible excuse. Billy is results oriented.. I guarantee you if your player was a top 11 in the current roster - they would play more.

If they are not happy, you should schedule a time to chat with Billy one on one - and make a decision if staying on the team is right for you and your player. If its not, I'm sure that XF will release you to another team and allow you to make other arrangements.
                              no dog in this fight, but being on the phone during practices says one thing: you are not important to me. This is suppose to be his time with his team. Not on the phone, period, end of subject.

Tells me all I need to know about this coach, and says something about you making excuses for it.

Comment

SU girls 09 ECNL is better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X