Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP regional team selections

Anyone hear yet from ODP? For anyone who's kid has made it in the past, what was the experience like? Has anyone's kid made the national squad?

They said Aug 1st for pool selection and later for if they made a team. They didn't say a time emails would go out thougb.

Comment

If you signed up for the app for Eastern Camp you should have gotten an alert. All lists are out. Congrats to the girls that moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        If you signed up for the app for Eastern Camp you should have gotten an alert. All lists are out. Congrats to the girls that moved on.
        I can’t see anything. Share?

Comment

NYJS ODP is an elite soccer program. It is supplemental. Provides great foundation training and girls youth soccer coaching. Jersey ODP Proud.

Comment

ODP is really pointless. My D made the 09 team last year and didn't learn anything new from it. Also decided not to even try out this year. The trainings are the same you get anywhere else and the coaches spend most of the time just yelling at each other. It shouldn't be called a developmental league, more like a money grab. Steer clear would be my advice.

Comment

I wondered this also... My daughter tried out for first time this year, she is 2010. Someone told me out of the 60 some girls, they make 3 teams of 18 players..... Seems like just taking your $1300 for the year and taking almost everyone.

Comment

ODP is really pointless. My D made the 09 team last year and didn't learn anything new from it. Also decided not to even try out this year. The trainings are the same you get anywhere else and the coaches spend most of the time just yelling at each other. It shouldn't be called a developmental league, more like a money grab. Steer clear would be my advice.
                Wonder if you kid is one of those "special" kids that already know the coach will recommend to an ID clinic and time the evaluation with a cupcake game to make them look good.

What I've learned from my limited time with D at ODP is that they are, if anything, more fair then your coach ever will. Saw multiple players we knew have vastly different playing times then what they get on their won team. Was good for D to get exposure to other good players and get a different look from coaches who don't see her every day. She likes it, learned a new position that she never really considered before and meet a lot of new people. If you are looking at it for just training then you may as well just hire a personal trainer and tell them what to train.

Comment

Wonder if you kid is one of those "special" kids that already know the coach will recommend to an ID clinic and time the evaluation with a cupcake game to make them look good.

What I've learned from my limited time with D at ODP is that they are, if anything, more fair then your coach ever will. Saw multiple players we knew have vastly different playing times then what they get on their won team. Was good for D to get exposure to other good players and get a different look from coaches who don't see her every day. She likes it, learned a new position that she never really considered before and meet a lot of new people. If you are looking at it for just training then you may as well just hire a personal trainer and tell them what to train.

Spot on. ODP is reputable program. What they offer outside of their elite training is soccer development, leadership and confidence at elite ODP regional games. Hard to see the benefits when coming from clubs that don’t value youth players.

Comment

We drove over an hour to participate, so no, we didn't know anyone. Most of the players consisted of SJ clubs. I honestly dont know what cupcake games or ID clinics are. My D just didnt think it improved her game at all. The exposure sounds like nonsense for a 11 year old. Most teams would beat the ODP teams straight up and not have to deal with coaches yelling about setting up walls. Yes spent an entire practice on setting up walls?

Comment

I wondered this also... My daughter tried out for first time this year, she is 2010. Someone told me out of the 60 some girls, they make 3 teams of 18 players..... Seems like just taking your $1300 for the year and taking almost everyone.
                      They explained in the parents meeting that they made more teams with slightly less players on each due to covid. The plan was if the friendlies could happen, which as of last summer states were still in lockdown, then they could at least scrimmage themselves which happened twice. This was actually good as parents thought it was an A, B, C team type deal but most the teams were close in scores and matches didn't look one sided. They haven't said if they are doing the same thing this year.

I know last year Ds age had 160ish players try out with I think 54ish making it. Of those, by the Eastern Tournament teams were sporting 13-16 players each as players didn't show up. I think one of the older teams had to play 9v9 due to the lack of players available.

$1300 is step and the $300 for Eastern Camp was unexpected (her getting an invite not the cost as usually it is longer and $600). We aren't rich or money savvy but the experience for her was priceless as this is more in tune with what to expect for college as it is more demanding the club.

Comment

We drove over an hour to participate, so no, we didn't know anyone. Most of the players consisted of SJ clubs. I honestly dont know what cupcake games or ID clinics are. My D just didnt think it improved her game at all. The exposure sounds like nonsense for a 11 year old. Most teams would beat the ODP teams straight up and not have to deal with coaches yelling about setting up walls. Yes spent an entire practice on setting up walls?
                        What team does D play for?

Comment

I'm guessing you misunderstood OP. I think they meant on you daughter's team not the ODP coach.

Comment

They explained in the parents meeting that they made more teams with slightly less players on each due to covid. The plan was if the friendlies could happen, which as of last summer states were still in lockdown, then they could at least scrimmage themselves which happened twice. This was actually good as parents thought it was an A, B, C team type deal but most the teams were close in scores and matches didn't look one sided. They haven't said if they are doing the same thing this year.

I know last year Ds age had 160ish players try out with I think 54ish making it. Of those, by the Eastern Tournament teams were sporting 13-16 players each as players didn't show up. I think one of the older teams had to play 9v9 due to the lack of players available.

$1300 is step and the $300 for Eastern Camp was unexpected (her getting an invite not the cost as usually it is longer and $600). We aren't rich or money savvy but the experience for her was priceless as this is more in tune with what to expect for college as it is more demanding the club.
                            Thank you for the info. Definitely helpful. She enjoyed the 2 days of tryouts this past weekend. The 2010's had about 60 girls this weekend. And was nice for her to play with a lot of talented players. I feel like it's a good experience. We did the Pre-ODP this past summer.

Comment

Thank you for the info. Definitely helpful. She enjoyed the 2 days of tryouts this past weekend. The 2010's had about 60 girls this weekend. And was nice for her to play with a lot of talented players. I feel like it's a good experience. We did the Pre-ODP this past summer.
                              We have had a great experience with ODP. Although there were conflicts with our regular team throughout the year, when we were able to attend my D really enjoyed it.
                              Meeting all different players, new coaches. Also she was really impressed with the coaches and their feedback. But it’s definitely not cheap but I do believe if you cannot afford it they will give a scholarship.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X