Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

About the worst culprit of this is SB who was coaching at Ukies and is now at FC Bucks (both PA). Has his own coaching facility that his players pay to go to. Players at Ukies started making his A team once they started paying him for his extra training. Plus he is in a relationship with one of his players moms.
    That's a huge conflict of interest, but how is that any different than the PDA coaches who have separate businesses and run trainings and camps?

Comment

That's a huge conflict of interest, but how is that any different than the PDA coaches who have separate businesses and run trainings and camps?
      At least those are legitimate businesses. The crooks who charge for privates and pocket the cash are playing with fire.

Comment

maybe clubs shouldn't hire people with their own coaching businesses, or easier, the players they coach are not able to go to their facilities or camps etc where they have to pay. They could still coach players from other teams. Let's be honest, they coach at clubs to draw players to their private businesses

Comment

Is it true that PDA has done away with private training from their coaches?

Comment

maybe clubs shouldn't hire people with their own coaching businesses, or easier, the players they coach are not able to go to their facilities or camps etc where they have to pay. They could still coach players from other teams. Let's be honest, they coach at clubs to draw players to their private businesses
            That is a big problem in MF Shore. One of their coaches owns a training facility and many players go there to train, camps etc. I think it’s even promoted. Such shady business.

Comment

Is it true that PDA has done away with private training from their coaches?
              Not a chance. They have actually raised rates on the privates.

Comment

At least those are legitimate businesses. The crooks who charge for privates and pocket the cash are playing with fire.
                Well I guess I should have listened to this board. I got "special" training for my son from his coach all summer and just got an email last night that he is being bumped down to the third team right after I made my last payment for the year. oy vey

Comment

Well I guess I should have listened to this board. I got "special" training for my son from his coach all summer and just got an email last night that he is being bumped down to the third team right after I made my last payment for the year. oy vey
                  Demand your money back and leave the club. That isn't what you signed up for. Threaten to take them to court.

Comment

Demand your money back and leave the club. That isn't what you signed up for. Threaten to take them to court.
                    I agree. Stop payment on the check -if it hasn't been cashed.

Comment

Was he in the second team in the spring? How was his playing time compared to others?

Comment

Sorry to hear. Best of luck to your son.

Comment

Was he in the second team in the spring? How was his playing time compared to others?
                          He was starting on the second team and signed an agreement that he would play on the MLS Next II team. We made our last payment and then received the letter that we were moved to an EDP team. My son is heart broken

Comment

He was starting on the second team and signed an agreement that he would play on the MLS Next II team. We made our last payment and then received the letter that we were moved to an EDP team. My son is heart broken
                            I’m so sorry. Encourage him to take this and make it into a drive to excel. Rejection is so hard but also makes many kids more successful. This is just part of his story.

Comment

Ryan Tetro is giving private lessons on how to be an alcoholic. Sadly, most of his students are the fathers from his teams. Need proof? Watch these losers on the sidelines at the games. Do you really think that's soda in the koozies?

Comment

I’m so sorry. Encourage him to take this and make it into a drive to excel. Rejection is so hard but also makes many kids more successful. This is just part of his story.

Nope. The family signed up for the 2nd team, not the 3rd. Bait and switch isn't acceptable when you're spending that much on club soccer. Poster should get his money back and find another where his kid will get good playing time.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X