X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Private Training with Head Coach

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some feedback. Do you think its appropriate for a Coach to host private training sessions with players on their own team for a fee? Do you think this can occur without the Coach favoring or giving the said player additional playing time or opportunity?

I would imagine clubs all have policies on this type of situation. Does your club have a policy or stance? What do you think about all this? The reason I ask is this has occurred on my daughters team over the last year and the Coach has doubled the minutes of the player. Fortunately we have been able to quantify this exactly because of the in-game technology our team uses for video. Many are probably thinking perhaps the player has improved and deserved the additional time but let me just dispel that notion with a resounding NO! Every time this person enters the pitch we are playing a man down!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for some feedback. Do you think its appropriate for a Coach to host private training sessions with players on their own team for a fee? Do you think this can occur without the Coach favoring or giving the said player additional playing time or opportunity?

I would imagine clubs all have policies on this type of situation. Does your club have a policy or stance? What do you think about all this? The reason I ask is this has occurred on my daughters team over the last year and the Coach has doubled the minutes of the player. Fortunately we have been able to quantify this exactly because of the in-game technology our team uses for video. Many are probably thinking perhaps the player has improved and deserved the additional time but let me just dispel that notion with a resounding NO! Every time this person enters the pitch we are playing a man down!
    Question, do you think its appropriate for a coach to get drunk in front if his young players? Ryan Tetro thinks so....

Comment

Hi everyone,

That would be totally inappropriate. I don't know of any coach that would conduct privates with their own team given the conflict of interest.

Comment

That would be totally inappropriate. I don't know of any coach that would conduct privates with their own team given the conflict of interest.
        Not have to worry about Tetro doing that. This drunk can't train a team, nevernind individuals

Comment

Hi everyone,

There is some good feedback on this unethical practice at one NJ club in the PDA Shameful thread.

Comment

There is some good feedback on this unethical practice at one NJ club in the PDA Shameful thread.
            Many of us parents feel the same way. Its gotten to become a huge distraction. This club has so many issues and the ethical level of their coaches is probably tops among all the issues.

Comment

Many of us parents feel the same way. Its gotten to become a huge distraction. This club has so many issues and the ethical level of their coaches is probably tops among all the issues.
              What ever you do, just stybclear of Ryan Tetro and MF Shore.For one thing, the guy is a known alcoholic who regularly gets **** faced in front of his players. Second, you'll pay a ton of money to be on one of his teams, then will need to spend a ton more on private lessons if you want your kid to develop at all. The MF Shore parents are having a field day putting down PDA, and yet kids on Tetros 09 team actually train with MIck Smith.

Comment

Thought this was funny and decided to share. It was brought to my attention that after Ryan Tetro got hammered on here yesterday, he reached out to the moderator of talking soccer and complained. Seems he didn't like all the negative things being said about him. Several of the Ryan Tetro threads were moved off of the NJ forum. Way to go you you big baby. Ok for your parents to RIP apart everyone else, but you hate when it's done to you. Why? Because the truth got out there that your a drunk who can't develop his own kids. Not to worry, everyone already knows the truth about you.

Comment

According to the ICF website, Conflict of Interest is defined as follows:

A conflict of interest exists when you have an interest that interferes with your responsibilities as a coach or interferes with your ability to act in the best interest of the coaching profession.

A conflict of interest may arise when you use your role as a coach for inappropriate personal gain or when personal interests conflict with your coaching agreement.

Examples of conflicts to avoid include accepting or offering payments outside the coaching agreement, or having a substantial investment or position in any business to which you are providing coaching services.

Coaches should avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.

Further, the ICF Code of Ethics, item nine states: “I will seek to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts of interest and openly disclose any such conflicts. I will offer to remove myself when such a conflict arises.”

Comment

According to the ICF website, Conflict of Interest is defined as follows:

A conflict of interest exists when you have an interest that interferes with your responsibilities as a coach or interferes with your ability to act in the best interest of the coaching profession.

A conflict of interest may arise when you use your role as a coach for inappropriate personal gain or when personal interests conflict with your coaching agreement.

Examples of conflicts to avoid include accepting or offering payments outside the coaching agreement, or having a substantial investment or position in any business to which you are providing coaching services.

Coaches should avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.

Further, the ICF Code of Ethics, item nine states: “I will seek to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts of interest and openly disclose any such conflicts. I will offer to remove myself when such a conflict arises.”
                    I would go to the club, report it… but they probably already know, tell them your kids contract is null and void due to this conflict of interest. Request your money back. Take your kid somewhere else.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Does the player show improvement after the training sessions?

Comment

It’s optional. Who cares. It’s your money and there’s no shame being paid for a service. If you are happy with the training and it improves your child’s play I don’t care if it’s the coach or not the coach. Favoritism can’t be hidden. At the end of the day everyone will see the kids play.

Comment

Thought this was funny and decided to share. It was brought to my attention that after Ryan Tetro got hammered on here yesterday, he reached out to the moderator of talking soccer and complained. Seems he didn't like all the negative things being said about him. Several of the Ryan Tetro threads were moved off of the NJ forum. Way to go you you big baby. Ok for your parents to RIP apart everyone else, but you hate when it's done to you. Why? Because the truth got out there that your a drunk who can't develop his own kids. Not to worry, everyone already knows the truth about you.
                          It says moved but if you click on it it takes you right to another thread about him lol

Comment

It says moved but if you click on it it takes you right to another thread about him lol
                            they combined all the threads about him into 1 thread about him. The mod did us all a favor of not having to comb through all the Tetro bull**** on the board. I dont know who the guy is and wouldnt recognize him on the street if i saw him. Not sure how a guy who coaches 12yr olds can become public enemy #1 except because success breeds contempt. For anyone like me who has never met this guy, deep down inside the only reason you hate him is because of the success he has created. Any other excuse is likely a lie.

Comment

Bottom-line, a conflict of interest exists when you have an interest that interferes with your responsibilities as a coach and/or your ability to act in the best interest of the coaching profession.

Coaching in an ethical manner includes conducting yourself in such a way that the appearance of conflicts of interest does not arise.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X