Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My kid never did ID2 or ODP but was one of the first 5 players in the graduating class to commit to a college. Decent players don’t need gimmickry.
    I know a girl who played D1 and she was recruited at her indoor game.
    Some are more lucky than others.
    Good for you

Comment

I'll see you at the Missing The Point competition.

If someone is thinking that being on the ODP ladder will get you to the olympics then they are as silly as someone playing on U13 ECNL team thinking that it means they will be getting a full ride scholarship at a top D1 school. Both are not based on reality.
      And I will see you at the Sarcasm Flies Over My Head Competition.

Comment

Delusional parents fuel the pay to play bus.

Comment

Delusional parents fuel the pay to play bus.
          dude, you are reading this hellsite when either you should be working or you should be out enjoying the fresh air. but please tell us all about delusional parents

Comment

I know a girl who played D1 and she was recruited at her indoor game.
            Some are more lucky than others.
            Good for you
            And then, there was this one time at band camp ...

Comment

See you at the olympics.
              Hilarious! I see a bunch of PA, NY and kids not from MA. Why waste time?
              Looks like up here ODP may not get the same quality it once did.
              Shame. The GDA, GAL really killed this program.

Comment

dude, you are reading this hellsite when either you should be working or you should be out enjoying the fresh air. but please tell us all about delusional parents
                And what about you? Are you immune from the delusional reading and posting away as well?

Comment

ODP gives an independent reality check to how your player matches up against their peers. How far up that ladder do they go? State try-outs -> state pool -> regional id camp -> regional pool -> regional tournaments -> national pool -> national tournaments. Those are all cuts and they get much harder the further up you go. There are at least 3 sets of different coaches involved in that ladder each making clinical judgements of players that couldn't care what patch is on their backpack. (note that when I say independent I don't mean all-knowing or even fair. while the ODP coaches are for the most part great and in it for the right reasons it doesn't mean they always get it right or that their goals exactly line up with your players etc etc)

So if, as an example, your player is on a list team and couldn't make it out of the state pool that is telling you something that you might want to listen to. The answer definitely isn't to give up and switch to rugby but I'd argue that it is evidence that the patch isn't exactly meeting up with reality (at this time. maybe there's a growth or learning spurt yet to happen. maybe they just haven't buckled down to work. who knows!)

Plus the players generally have fun. They make friends. Learn from multiple coaches. Boring useless stuff like that.
                  Thanks coach. We'll be sure to give you a tip.

Comment

Hahaha. True. I hope I am wrong but I recognized a couple of the MA names. Maybe poster is trying to get kid in front of the line, again.

Comment

Hilarious! I see a bunch of PA, NY and kids not from MA. Why waste time?
                      Looks like up here ODP may not get the same quality it once did.
                      Shame. The GDA, GAL really killed this program.
                      what are you even talking about? they just announced the east regional pool. of course there are players from multiple states! duh that's kind of the whole point. smh

Comment

what are you even talking about? they just announced the east regional pool. of course there are players from multiple states! duh that's kind of the whole point. smh
                        That's the Bitter Dad TS Shuffle, it doesn't matter what the pool list said. If a MA team does well, they're wasting their time traveling to compete against low-level competition. If they don't do well, they're wasting their time traveling just to get beat and come home with no trophies.

If lots of MA kids had made ODP, it would be because ODP is a joke (after all, MA players aren't that good compared to other states). Since few MA kids made it, it's a waste of time because why would so many kids try to make a team that's above their level. No one ever spends money without being a sucker.

Success is bad news. Failure is bad news. Club winning is a joke. Club losing is a joke. No matter what happen BDTS is there to gloat.

Comment

That's the Bitter Dad TS Shuffle, it doesn't matter what the pool list said. If a MA team does well, they're wasting their time traveling to compete against low-level competition. If they don't do well, they're wasting their time traveling just to get beat and come home with no trophies.

If lots of MA kids had made ODP, it would be because ODP is a joke (after all, MA players aren't that good compared to other states). Since few MA kids made it, it's a waste of time because why would so many kids try to make a team that's above their level. No one ever spends money without being a sucker.

Success is bad news. Failure is bad news. Club winning is a joke. Club losing is a joke. No matter what happen BDTS is there to gloat.
                          Or it's possible you just don't know what you are talking about?

It's not a "state team" thing anymore. It's individuals from across the region.

And it's not new. This is just the way ODP works. Now you know.

Comment

Would someone share the link for rosters please

Comment

I vote for he doesn't get it, although it's possible he was just being dramatic.

For those interested, here are the player counts across all girls ages:

PA 51
                              NY 49
                              MA 37
                              VA 36
                              NJ 31
                              MD 24
                              CT 12
                              RI 11
                              WV 5
                              ME 4
                              VT 1
                              NH 1
                              NC 1
                              Europe 1
                              EPA 1
                              DE 1

Give state population I think MA is probably slightly over represented.

Comment

Would someone share the link for rosters please
                                MA players only are here https://www.mayouthsoccer.org/partne...-pool-players/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X