Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes cross training is helpful, but it depends on what sports. Basketball is terrible for soccer players (although helpful for GKs who also don't run in soccer).
    Where did you read basketball is bad for soccer players?

Comment

MatchFit has the highest injury rate of local ECNL clubs. Ask the 07’s why they failed in Florida. The best girls were injured.
      One girl was injured due to lacrosse. They lost only to Solar the National Champions. Please don’t make things up.

Comment

Bottom line. Have your kids wear turfs instead of cleats on turf. It will save them.
        Any ortho will tell you proper shoes help a lot.

Comment

From a play stand point it is great but really not much different physically then futsal. From a physical aspect players get the same injuries and more frequently.

Comment

a good trainer can show your player exercises to do to help reduce the risk of tears. It's won't be foolproof- nothing is - but can help. 100% on the shoes - again, not foolproof but every ACL I've seen go has been on turf (and the basketball court)
            How many times do you see players fall on artificial turf while wearing those cheap club or academy all ground Nike cleats or firm ground cleats? Rarely do I see them go down while wearing turf shoes on artificial turf or good studded cleats in long grass.

100% learning how to prevent injury is just as important as training.

Comment

One girl was injured due to lacrosse. They lost only to Solar the National Champions. Please don’t make things up.
              Making stuff is what some TS posters excel at. It's the only thing they're good at. Wonder where it comes from? Other clubs employees/,managers. Parents don't have time for club bashing nor do they care. If their kids leave a club they move on

Comment

More running running running + quick lateral moves + the hardwood floors are tough on any player.

not the poster

Comment

How many times do you see players fall on artificial turf while wearing those cheap club or academy all ground Nike cleats or firm ground cleats? Rarely do I see them go down while wearing turf shoes on artificial turf or good studded cleats in long grass.

100% learning how to prevent injury is just as important as training.
                  100% agree. I didn't realize how important to invest on cleats untill I gave it a shot. It is really worthwhile. We purchase high-end but out of fashion cleats and it saves a lot, usually 60% or 70% off MSRP. (e.g. we purchase 2019 or 2018 top line models while in 2021).

I don't think people should use used cleats unless they aren't into competitive matches. It is hard to tell which part of the cleats may have worn out.

Comment

100% agree. I didn't realize how important to invest on cleats untill I gave it a shot. It is really worthwhile. We purchase high-end but out of fashion cleats and it saves a lot, usually 60% or 70% off MSRP. (e.g. we purchase 2019 or 2018 top line models while in 2021).

I don't think people should use used cleats unless they aren't into competitive matches. It is hard to tell which part of the cleats may have worn out.
                    Same except we look at 2nd tier Nike and Adidas unless the price is really good. The Pro level Nike are really nice and the first level with out that nasty all ground crap. Adidas turf doesn't seem to be that much of a different between the .3s and .1s.

Comment

Does the fake concern also spread to CSA, NJ Blaze and every other club that kept training and went straight from spring season to summer select tournaments?
                      Nope it’s everyone involved in it. The one common factor for clubs is money. They love it more then your kid.

Comment

More running running running + quick lateral moves + the hardwood floors are tough on any player.

not the poster
                        Well I'm out of luck my D also plays basketball, tennis - oh and she skies, skateboards swims, bikes and rides her scooter down hills (THIS BOTHERS ME MOST). She is also a teen and an awesome athlete and happy.

Comment

Any ortho will tell you proper shoes help a lot.
                          You have seen the shoes (or lack of shoes) worn by Pele, Ronaldo - correct? I am not arguing proper shoes are great, but many of the greats didn't even have shoes.

Comment

Well I'm out of luck my D also plays basketball, tennis - oh and she skies, skateboards swims, bikes and rides her scooter down hills (THIS BOTHERS ME MOST). She is also a teen and an awesome athlete and happy.
                            You are a bad parent according to the all knowing TS posters. Two of my kids sound like your D. They can't sit still and will do something active every day whether I tell them to rest or not and they have turned out just fine.

Comment

She's not doing any of that at a high competitive level or any regular frequency. Also it's not about being "a great athlete. " Plenty of great athletes have bodies that fail them.

Not the poster

Comment

She's not doing any of that at a high competitive level or any regular frequency. Also it's not about being "a great athlete. " Plenty of great athletes have bodies that fail them.

Not the poster
                                True she only plays soccer at a high competitive level and HS basketball but she rides the bench a lot. And tennis with friends. Right now most competitive is soccer for sure.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X