Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL at U12?

Heard that the ECNL is going to start at U12 next year (not Pre-ECNL). Anyone else hear this?

Done deal

Comment

What changes?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What changes?
        Usually doesn’t start until U13 when they go to 11v11. Does anyone have a link where this was announced?

Comment

Done deal
          Not happening for one reason - 9v9 facilities or lack thereof

Comment

For now pre ECNL is a marketing ploy to hook in families. It's not an official ECNL program. Could change in the future.

Comment

The players are also quite young and entering a phase where a lot changes for them physically. Some don't transition to the bigger field well. Puberty hits some kids hard. For some it could mean long commutes for young players. U 13 really is still on the young side. I know from reading the CT board CFCU doesn't form their full squad until U14. They have multiple branches and pick the best branch squad for U13. Then for U14 kids inside and outside the club tryout for the main team.

The other problem is parent expectations. They think if their kid gets in early they're locked in until 18. Clubs making needed cuts over time get hammered by angry parents.

Comment

Wrong

Comment

Heard that the ECNL is going to start at U12 next year (not Pre-ECNL). Anyone else hear this?
                  MF Shore 09's... #1 in state, #1 in region, #1 in the country, and #1 at the junior elite soccer camp at UNC.

Comment

The players are also quite young and entering a phase where a lot changes for them physically. Some don't transition to the bigger field well. Puberty hits some kids hard. For some it could mean long commutes for young players. U 13 really is still on the young side. I know from reading the CT board CFCU doesn't form their full squad until U14. They have multiple branches and pick the best branch squad for U13. Then for U14 kids inside and outside the club tryout for the main team.

The other problem is parent expectations. They think if their kid gets in early they're locked in until 18. Clubs making needed cuts over time get hammered by angry parents.
                    So ECNL should start after puberty? Are you saying CFC's U14 model is post-puberty?

Comment

Dumb

Idiots

Comment

So ECNL should start after puberty? Are you saying CFC's U14 model is post-puberty?
                        Lol. I had the same thought.

Comment

What happened to the Composite teams? I hear they are gone. What happens with players that are “trapped”? Ugh that’s my kid next year.

Comment

What happened to the Composite teams? I hear they are gone. What happens with players that are “trapped”? Ugh that’s my kid next year.
                            There already is a regular U19 bracket. If composite is eliminated and she can't make an ECNL U19 squad she'd probably be put on a ECLR U19 team (section 1.4).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...rUK1lL2lc/edit

Comment

The OP makes no sense with the puberty argument. ECNL isn't going to scale back and only field teams at U17 and U18 when the effects of physical growth have equalized the players in the league.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X