Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What has weymouth won in the past 20 years? Sure it’s been a solid level with BM but they’ve never won anything. No one said this coach should be taking that job or looking too do so. Also looking at the bolts score lines between the 06 team of this coach and the score lines of BM bolts teams playing at usually the same level. The score lines are drastically different. One coach wins games and scores goals by the bunches and the other coach wins, losses, or draws only 1-0 or 1-1.
    BM offers a lot to high school players but his style is to not lose which is why they are consistently around .500-.600 year in and year out. Lately racking up wins against Milton, Walpole, Cohasett, Sandwich, and other weaker teams they’ve been able to roster. They are and haven’t been close to the standard of Needham or Wellesley

Comment

The league has put up multiple posts about them, not sure what else they can do. This particular team has not always been good. Two falls ago they went winless in premiership. They’ve got an influx of top talent from other clubs through either their access to a pathway or recruiting, but they took a huge leap this past year out of seemingly no where. They weren’t in NPL because they didn’t qualify until this season, first time they won the premiership. Just because the team is good doesn’t automatically give the coach any job he wants, like I said, they went winless not too long ago, he might be a hell of a recruiter though
      Recent Email went out from the clubs regional director stating that over the past 4 years 20 kids from this regions 06 age group have gone on to play academy or ENCL. Thats impressive and explains the up and downs of a roster constantly having to be rebuilt year after year

Comment

What has weymouth won in the past 20 years? Sure it’s been a solid level with BM but they’ve never won anything. No one said this coach should be taking that job or looking too do so. Also looking at the bolts score lines between the 06 team of this coach and the score lines of BM bolts teams playing at usually the same level. The score lines are drastically different. One coach wins games and scores goals by the bunches and the other coach wins, losses, or draws only 1-0 or 1-1.
        BM is a good coach at high school. Usually does well and gets decent results year in and year out. But overall the standard has dropped a level at weymouth. They used to be in talks year in and year out as sectional favorite and state favorites. Now they’re just a dark horse team come tournament time you don’t want to play cause they can grind out a 1-0 upset win.

Comment

BM is a good coach at high school. Usually does well and gets decent results year in and year out. But overall the standard has dropped a level at weymouth. They used to be in talks year in and year out as sectional favorite and state favorites. Now they’re just a dark horse team come tournament time you don’t want to play cause they can grind out a 1-0 upset win.
          Who cares about BM and weymouth. Congrats to this bolts team on a great run and championship

Comment

Saw the list of US Club soccer national champions…. Who the hell is Boston Bolts 2006 east and their coach? Haven’t heard any about him or this year? Yet they went out and won at a national event.
            Have you ever been to the NPL finals? Joke!

Comment

BM offers a lot to high school players but his style is to not lose which is why they are consistently around .500-.600 year in and year out. Lately racking up wins against Milton, Walpole, Cohasett, Sandwich, and other weaker teams they’ve been able to roster. They are and haven’t been close to the standard of Needham or Wellesley
              Can you define recently??

Comment

Can you define recently??
                Pardon me, I meant can you define “lately”??

Comment

Pardon me, I meant can you define “lately”??
                  Sure… the last 8 years. Is that recent enough? Best runs they had were as lower seeds and only reach two semifinals

Comment

Sure… the last 8 years. Is that recent enough? Best runs they had were as lower seeds and only reach two semifinals
                    I wouldn’t say 8 years is very recent, but whatever fits your agenda I guess.

Comment

I wouldn’t say 8 years is very recent, but whatever fits your agenda I guess.
                      I mean what do you consider successful? For weymouth High which from 1990-2013 was always a state title contender and threat to now merely a mediocre team that squeaks into the tournament and ceiling is a sectional semifinal.

Comment

I mean what do you consider successful? For weymouth High which from 1990-2013 was always a state title contender and threat to now merely a mediocre team that squeaks into the tournament and ceiling is a sectional semifinal.
                        Being a high school coach is usually a sign you have no idea about the game

Comment

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Comment

Not a bad point. Depends on how you look at it and what the reason for coaching high school is? From that town? Giving back? Trying to make an impact.

Comment

Not a bad point. Depends on how you look at it and what the reason for coaching high school is? From that town? Giving back? Trying to make an impact.
                              Power

Comment

Nice article in New England Soccer Journal.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X