Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's against the law, number one. It's against Player's code of conduct that the majority of clubs have parents/kids sign. It shows a distinct lack of understanding for match preparedness, no different than drinking or snorting coke/shooting meth or any sort of recreation drug use that can impair motor functions among other effects. It also shows those players who participated aren't leaders, providing a good example for others, rather followers and have low moral fiber.

As a parent, I'm appalled at the posters, ostensibly parents on here, who think this is "no big deal". Your attitudes are why your kids think this is OK... and it's not. As a HS and club coach, I'm disappointed at the athletes who think this is acceptable behavior. It isn't. Had they been caught on my HS team, they would have been benched and suspended immediately. Had they been caught on my club team, they would have been benched for the remainder of the tournament and potentially kicked off the team for next year if not U18's.

Actions have consequences and these actions are pretty bad as far as experienced athletes are concerned. MJ is also a gateway to other drugs, always has been. I guarantee at least one of the girls will be looking at harder drugs within a few years, if not already. Likely heroin or meth, considering it's cost and availability.

Shame on the athletes, parents and coaches who are condoning this through their words and lack of action. Of course, I expect nothing less from Bayside...
    Five Myths about Marijuana - top of the list is no, it isn't a gateway drug

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...96e_story.html

Comment

It's against the law, number one. It's against Player's code of conduct that the majority of clubs have parents/kids sign. It shows a distinct lack of understanding for match preparedness, no different than drinking or snorting coke/shooting meth or any sort of recreation drug use that can impair motor functions among other effects. It also shows those players who participated aren't leaders, providing a good example for others, rather followers and have low moral fiber.

As a parent, I'm appalled at the posters, ostensibly parents on here, who think this is "no big deal". Your attitudes are why your kids think this is OK... and it's not. As a HS and club coach, I'm disappointed at the athletes who think this is acceptable behavior. It isn't. Had they been caught on my HS team, they would have been benched and suspended immediately. Had they been caught on my club team, they would have been benched for the remainder of the tournament and potentially kicked off the team for next year if not U18's.

Actions have consequences and these actions are pretty bad as far as experienced athletes are concerned. MJ is also a gateway to other drugs, always has been. I guarantee at least one of the girls will be looking at harder drugs within a few years, if not already. Likely heroin or meth, considering it's cost and availability.

Shame on the athletes, parents and coaches who are condoning this through their words and lack of action. Of course, I expect nothing less from Bayside...
      Nothing more fruitless than having a discussion with someone who believes they are on the side of moral certainty

Comment

Take an edible and relax

Comment

Five Myths about Marijuana - top of the list is no, it isn't a gateway drug

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...96e_story.html
          “Real Athletes don’t let Marijuana pollute their body.”
          - Hardo HS Coach

“Martellus Bennett, who retired from the NFL in March 2018, estimated that 89 percent of players in the NFL actively use marijuana. Also in the interview, Kenyon Martin, who played 15 seasons in the NBA, estimated that 85 percent of NBA players during his career actively used marijuana.”https://www.americanbar.org/groups/l...sional-sports/

Comment

“Real Athletes don’t let Marijuana pollute their body.”
            - Hardo HS Coach

“Martellus Bennett, who retired from the NFL in March 2018, estimated that 89 percent of players in the NFL actively use marijuana. Also in the interview, Kenyon Martin, who played 15 seasons in the NBA, estimated that 85 percent of NBA players during his career actively used marijuana.”https://www.americanbar.org/groups/l...sional-sports/
            Hilarious - it's Bayside/high school soccer. Real athletes 😀. Better that than drinking the night before a game or having McDonald's for lunch

Comment

Hilarious - it's Bayside/high school soccer. Real athletes 😀. Better that than drinking the night before a game or having McDonald's for lunch
              Exactly the point. Hardo HS coach getting all Zero Tolerance on us. Is funny cuz actual pro athletes don't agree - along with Olympic ones, or at least Olympic quality..

While I agree the long-term effects of daily use can be harmful, one of the primary reasons pro athletes light up is specifically because there is no performance degradation the next day.

Comment

Exactly the point. Hardo HS coach getting all Zero Tolerance on us. Is funny cuz actual pro athletes don't agree - along with Olympic ones, or at least Olympic quality..

While I agree the long-term effects of daily use can be harmful, one of the primary reasons pro athletes light up is specifically because there is no performance degradation the next day.
                It also can work wonders for muscle and joint pain management without taking more serious medications. The physical abuse professional athletes take, especially in football, is insane. We can't even imagine it.

Let the parents deal with their kids as they see fit. Angry dad needs to let it go. Unless the players showed up high for the game it's very unlikely it impacted the team's performance. Does he really think they could have won a title had this not happened or if his kid was on the field instead of them? Come on. If he doesn't like how the club handled it, or thinks his D's teammates will be a "bad influence" on her? Leave.

Comment

I guess the main concern would be college coaches, if these players are even planning on playing. I've heard of scholarships being taken away from players caught drinking in HS before matriculating. The main thing this incident shows is incredibly poor judgement, and that is something college coaches have no patience for, especially when there are many girls waiting in the wings who are serious about being athletes. The players did in fact break the law, whether you agree with the law or not, and may have broken a club contract? (our kid's club has a clear substance abuse contract, Bayside is pretty lax if they don't). Colleges have players sign contracts and expect them to abide by the law. If a prospect shows they can't follow rules, the college coach will toss them. If these girls aren't interested in playing in college, then they can have fun smoking their weed.

Comment

I guess the main concern would be college coaches, if these players are even planning on playing. I've heard of scholarships being taken away from players caught drinking in HS before matriculating. The main thing this incident shows is incredibly poor judgement, and that is something college coaches have no patience for, especially when there are many girls waiting in the wings who are serious about being athletes. The players did in fact break the law, whether you agree with the law or not, and may have broken a club contract? (our kid's club has a clear substance abuse contract, Bayside is pretty lax if they don't). Colleges have players sign contracts and expect them to abide by the law. If a prospect shows they can't follow rules, the college coach will toss them. If these girls aren't interested in playing in college, then they can have fun smoking their weed.
                    How would college coaches know about it? Sure they will look over kids' social media accounts but that's about it. No arrest records, no names in published online. Easy enough to scrub social media if they were dumb enough to post anything. Oh, and sometimes kids make mistakes. Is your kid perfect? Guarantee she is not.

Otherwise it's up to their parents to decide what to do, perhaps the club if they signed a binding code of conduct. Other than some loser TS poster who brought this up, no one else knows or cares and it hardly reflects badly on the club.

You sound like you'd like to tell college coaches about them

Comment

How would college coaches know about it? Sure they will look over kids' social media accounts but that's about it. No arrest records, no names in published online. Easy enough to scrub social media if they were dumb enough to post anything. Oh, and sometimes kids make mistakes. Is your kid perfect? Guarantee she is not.

Otherwise it's up to their parents to decide what to do, perhaps the club if they signed a binding code of conduct. Other than some loser TS poster who brought this up, no one else knows or cares and it hardly reflects badly on the club.

You sound like you'd like to tell college coaches about them
                      That’s exactly what he wants to do. The “tokers” were already identified as starters and impact players. Move em out to move his kid up.

Comment

That’s exactly what he wants to do. The “tokers” were already identified as starters and impact players. Move em out to move his kid up.
                        Clearly that's the case and clearlyhe can't let it go. Was he hoping they would be publicly called out? Would he do that himself? Hurt their recruiting? Naming teens - accusing them anonymously - is the lowest form of scum.

Let the club and parents deal with the situation. That's their job, not some douchey dad.

Comment

Doubtful that any of the girls on that team are planning to go to college. Those clowns will be lucky to get through high school. Let’s see which one will end up with the most baby daddy’s and food stamps.

Comment

Doubtful that any of the girls on that team are planning to go to college. Those clowns will be lucky to get through high school. Let’s see which one will end up with the most baby daddy’s and food stamps.

DCF should make them get their tubes tied now. Less work for them in the future.

Comment

Angry Pious Dad didn't get the TS agreement he was hoping for so he goes for the insults. No doubt he never made a mistake or his kid, right?

Comment

Angry Pious Dad didn't get the TS agreement he was hoping for so he goes for the insults. No doubt he never made a mistake or his kid, right?
                                Plenty of mistakes made in life, none of them like the tokers on the team at 16/17. Kids are literally angels who work hard. It's called having parents that aren't dbags and raising kids to have strong moral character and values.

For the record, I'm not the one who made the posts above about DCF and such. Having said that, from the response from a number of posters, I would say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and those kids likely aren't going anywhere (except CCRI if they're lucky).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X