Coach Dennis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No denying that they didn't have a particularly good season last year either, and of course all the blame doesn't fall on the coach. Accountability belongs to everyone from the players not following what they learned and executing to even the parents, not correcting their kid's bad habits and even encouraging it. And those who sideline coach way too much.
    At this level, it is all about development of the players, building up skills and more importantly confidence. Everything I mentioned earlier is counter productive to this, where you allow some players to feel entitled to control things and make others feel discouraged like there is some sort of pecking order on the team.
    At this age, playing time should not be so substantially different from player to player, and no one develops or get any better by watching from the sideline the majority of the game. Even if a player is the best on the team, they do not deserve to play the whole game. Some of that time can be divvied to other players to have real game time experience. I understand some games will differ based on the situation, but so far it's been the same every game where all the playing time goes to the those same players. If a player fulfill their duties with practice attendance and effort, they should get close to equal playing time, or at the very least more than a few minutes in a half. Parents aren't paying these high fees for travel soccer to watch their child sit on the bench the majority of the game, and you would and should feel bad for those kids too.
    Don't get me wrong the team wasn't that great before, but what I pointed out earlier were things that can be be controlled and corrected by the coach and what is causing some of his teammates to reconsider remaining on the team and lost the enjoyment of playing anymore. Winning is great, but more importantly playing well as a team and having ALL the players grow and develop while enjoying the game is paramount.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      No denying that they didn't have a particularly good season last year either, and of course all the blame doesn't fall on the coach. Accountability belongs to everyone from the players not following what they learned and executing to even the parents, not correcting their kid's bad habits and even encouraging it. And those who sideline coach way too much.
      At this level, it is all about development of the players, building up skills and more importantly confidence. Everything I mentioned earlier is counter productive to this, where you allow some players to feel entitled to control things and make others feel discouraged like there is some sort of pecking order on the team.
      At this age, playing time should not be so substantially different from player to player, and no one develops or get any better by watching from the sideline the majority of the game. Even if a player is the best on the team, they do not deserve to play the whole game. Some of that time can be divvied to other players to have real game time experience. I understand some games will differ based on the situation, but so far it's been the same every game where all the playing time goes to the those same players. If a player fulfill their duties with practice attendance and effort, they should get close to equal playing time, or at the very least more than a few minutes in a half. Parents aren't paying these high fees for travel soccer to watch their child sit on the bench the majority of the game, and you would and should feel bad for those kids too.
      Don't get me wrong the team wasn't that great before, but what I pointed out earlier were things that can be be controlled and corrected by the coach and what is causing some of his teammates to reconsider remaining on the team and lost the enjoyment of playing anymore. Winning is great, but more importantly playing well as a team and having ALL the players grow and develop while enjoying the game is paramount.

anyone would be forgiven you were talking about a 2011 average girls team here. A team that are of the same level as a Penn fusions b team. Give it a ****ing rest

Comment

I pretty much agree. It should be about development and love of the game above winning. I do think kids who are doing everything that is asked and excelling deserve more playing time and if you are slacking off you get less.

Comment

So far it's been a very disappointing beginning and not at all impressive
          Dennis doesn't seem to have command of the team just yet that was there in previous seasons.
          ...No, you have a team that is in chaos. Months in and no changes when it is clearly not working and so the outcome of all of this? a losing season so far without many if any wins.
          Are you talking about the 2007s or 2011s? I think you are complaints are a little much for either age/level of play at Europa, but just wanted to clarify. I assume 07s, but saw someone compare them to a PF 2011 B team.

Comment

Must be the 11s, the 07s are in HS now and haven't played yet. I think it's tough to judge him so soon- he started with both teams in Sept right? After tryouts, etc, so he didn't pick the players. When teams are losing better players get more time than usual- regardless of what everyone says about development- no one likes to lose. That 07 team should be pretty good unless they lost some players this year. His quality as a coach will show soon enough.

Comment

Must be the 11s, the 07s are in HS now and haven't played yet. I think it's tough to judge him so soon- he started with both teams in Sept right? After tryouts, etc, so he didn't pick the players. When teams are losing better players get more time than usual- regardless of what everyone says about development- no one likes to lose. That 07 team should be pretty good unless they lost some players this year. His quality as a coach will show soon enough.
              Yes, must be the 11s. The OP needs to get some perspective. This isn't a team that plays in top level leagues or tournaments and they do just fine for what they are. Sounds the daughter of the OP is not getting much playing time which is never fun, but usually there is a good reason for that. Maybe best to move on to another club to gain some relaxation. Best of luck.

Comment

Are you talking about the 2007s or 2011s? I think you are complaints are a little much for either age/level of play at Europa, but just wanted to clarify. I assume 07s, but saw someone compare them to a PF 2011 B team.
                Exactly it’s utterly embarrassing he’s come on here and wrote that stuff.

talking about that sort of stuff when describing a 2011 girls B team who only beat penn fusion B team 1-0. They are an average team so reel in your expectations or if you feel your Daugther is good go try and make PF a team that should give you a nice reality check

Comment

Exactly it’s utterly embarrassing he’s come on here and wrote that stuff.

talking about that sort of stuff when describing a 2011 girls B team who only beat penn fusion B team 1-0. They are an average team so reel in your expectations or if you feel your Daugther is good go try and make PF a team that should give you a nice reality check
                  The 2011s beat the PF top team in the spring and then PF took our 2 best players.

Comment

My daughter was coached by Dennis for 2 years. I thought she and the team developed well under his coaching. Give it a little time.

Comment

The 2011s beat the PF top team in the spring and then PF took our 2 best players.
                      And your team only beat Penn fusion b team 1-0 this year correct? So you are now significantly worse than Penn fusion top team.

fc Is a middle of the road club won’t ever be anything else without ECNL or MLS NEXT, it is what it is

Comment

And your team only beat Penn fusion b team 1-0 this year correct? So you are now significantly worse than Penn fusion top team.

fc Is a middle of the road club won’t ever be anything else without ECNL or MLS NEXT, it is what it is
                        That’s true. Top kids can just walk over to Delco.

Comment

That’s true. Top kids can just walk over to Delco.
                          You mean you have to tryout and make teams like PF and FCD?? I though they'd take my word that my daughter is good enough

Comment

Why don’t you approach him as a parent and ask for an explanation. I believe this to be very childish that you wrote within a forum site. This is quite honestly an embarrassment as a parent.

Comment

What club

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X