Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I guess the more competitive town teams like LGN and East meadow is the answer
    Troll! Begging for players again,TG and fat rob?

Comment

NYCSL just lost it's sanctioning with ENYYSA

Who is TG and fat rob?

Comment

Who knows. Someone referenced a SUSA cheating scandal but I don't know anything about that. ENY is ran by dinosaurs who have been stagnant for too long. Apparently they turned a blind eye to mounting issues with the CJSL / NYCSL partnership (much like they really turn a blind eye to so many things their leagues do, but the cheating issue finally made them take action. It's frustrating that their CUP competition for lower tier teams never pans out and I'm sure that's mostly due to being in direct competition with NYCUP despite it being the cup to nowhere really. It was still an option for those middle of the road teams. I know many clubs that submitted for ENY Challenge cup and were told it was a no go - not enough teams - meanwhile NJ, western NY, etc. all run it without issue.
        does seem a good punishment for nycsl turning a blind eye to what SUSA did in the g2010 Diiv1 this spring. but the reasoning in that letter was clear enough.

Comment

Despite all the wrong doings by GG and NYCSL, the level of competition can’t compare. GG had better teams. Look at the state cups by both groups, GG had a better product.

Comment

Bye bye CJ, bye bye KK good riddance

Comment

I confirmed with the powers that be that the letter is real.

Comment

Who is TG and fat rob?
                ...cp

Comment

https://mailchi.mp/6c2f25f34a43/cjsl...e=%5BUNIQID%5D

Not copying and pasting the whole thing but here is CJSL’s response.

Comment

https://mailchi.mp/6c2f25f34a43/cjsl...e=%5BUNIQID%5D

Not copying and pasting the whole thing but here is CJSL’s response.
                    Basically, yeah, we did all the things you accused us of but we feel that we had every right to do it.

Comment

URL for CJSL Response to ENYSSA

https://www.cjslsoccer.com/email-response

July 16, 2021

To: Board of Directors, Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA)

From: Ron Restrepo, Cosmopolitan Junior Soccer League (CJSL)

CC: Gary Grossman, New York Club Soccer League (NYCSL)

CC: Skip Gilbert, US Youth Soccer

I am in receipt of the letter sent by Andrew Seabury, Secretary of ENYYSA, addressed to me dated July 14, 2021, and received July 15, 2021.

The contents of the letter are inaccurate. The decision expressed in the letter is contrary to the stated purpose of the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA). The process used to reach the decision is in conflict with the Constitution and By-Laws as well as the Rules and Regulations of ENYYSA (as of August 2020, posted on the ENYYSA website). And, the result of the decision is that thousands of youth soccer players lives are unnecessarily disrupted.

Given the urgency of this matter, I sent Mr. Seabury an initial reply to the ENYYSA letter of July 14th on the day I received it (July 15th). My reply was straightforward:

1. Specifically which ENYYSA bylaw are you claiming has been violated?

2. Who or which entity of ENYYSA made this decision? If it was an entity (e.g., Registration Committee), who was present? Who voted? What was the motion? What was the vote tally? When did the vote take place? What materials were presented?

3. Since thousands of children’s lives are involved, I expect an answer today.”

The response I received from Mr. Seabury (attached following) on July 15th was a non-answer. It did not provide specifics, and, despite the urgency of this situation, it did not even offer a timeline for providing specific answers (“where appropriately”).

Ron,

Thank you for your quick response to this particular correspondence.

The Letter was from the Executive Board, as secretary it is my position to sign such correspondence.

We will respond as a Board, where appropriately, to your correspondence .

Andrew Seabury

Secretary

Rather than provide me with vital background information and giving me an opportunity to respond, the original letter sent to me by Mr. Seabury on July 14th (again, received on July 15th) was distributed on July 15th by ENYYSA to the ENYYSA membership. Due process and fairness were disregarded in violation of the governing documents of USYS and US Soccer (the Federation).

In terms of the questions I addressed to Mr. Seabury, as Secretary of ENYYSA, certainly he must know the Bylaws have no provision supporting any that decision to: “Effective immediately, ENYYSA will no longer sanction any NYCSL soccer programming . . .” And, certainly, Mr. Seabury must know who or which entity, without any authority and in an arbitrary manner, made this erroneous decision and how that decision was reached.

The ENYYSA Constitution and By-Laws state the purpose of ENYYSA as: “(B) Encourage and assist in the development and growth of community leagues, associations, organizations, programs, clubs and teams so that soccer is made available to more participants at all levels of competition.”

Threatening to take away NYCSL soccer activities from thousands of youth players is directly contradictory to the stated purpose of ENYYSA. It also violates the Bylaws and Rules of USYS and the Federation.

The ENYYSA Constitution and By-Laws further state the purpose of ENYYSA as: “(E) Provide equitable and prompt hearing and appeal procedures to guarantee the rights of individuals to participate and compete. Those procedures shall include that all grievances involving the right to participate and compete in activities sponsored by the United States Soccer Federation, ENYYSA and its members may appeal to the United States Soccer Federation’s appeals committee that shall have jurisdiction to approve, modify or reverse a decision.”

Consequently, please accept this letter as a formal request for an “equitable and prompt” hearing to immediately reverse ENYYSA’s erroneous decision to “no longer sanction any NYCSL soccer programming” and to have ENYYSA share this reversal with the membership of ENYYSA.

So that there is no doubt that the contents of your letter are inaccurate, please consider the following:

.... [read on the site]

In conclusion, an inappropriate decision made arbitrarily, without authority and in violation of USYS and the Federation’s Bylaws and Rules was reached and shared with the ENYYSA membership without due process for either CJSL or NYCLS, as a division of CJSL, and with disregard for the thousands of youth players, their coaches, and their parents who are left to wonder: “What do we do?”

By tomorrow (July 17th) I expect the ENYYSA leadership to respond to me with the plan to address my formal request for an “equitable and prompt” hearing to immediately reverse the ENYYSA decision to “no longer sanction any NYCSL soccer programming” and to have ENYYSA share this reversal with the membership of ENYYSA. Absent such a response, we will have no choice but to notify USYS and appeal to the Federation and seek an accelerated hearing.

In terms of the membership of CJSL and NYCSL, as a division of CJSL, we are going to proceed as normal. We expect the ENYYSA decision to be reversed, and we expect the 2021/2022 soccer year to go ahead as planned with players, teams, and clubs registering and participating in the soccer activities offered by CJSL and NYCSL, as a division of CJSL.

Thank you,

Ron Restrepo

Comment

All CJSL has to do is fold all those teams into CJSL proper. But then Gary loses his money. I wonder what Ron is getting to run cover for Gary like this.

Comment

All CJSL has to do is fold all those teams into CJSL proper. But then Gary loses his money. I wonder what Ron is getting to run cover for Gary like this.
                          Well Ron needs to put himself first here unless Gary has some dirt on him. Should be an interesting result

Comment

I don't know - ENYYSA never thinks things through. If this goes up to USYS and the provisions ENYSSA thinks were violated aren't in the bylaws etc, then it could go either way. We don't know what was agreed upon and if there was an actual contract of sorts when NYCSL came in under CJSL. IF there was, and the actions were in direct violation of those terms, they would be within their rights to bang their chests and do this but the by-laws certainly don't specify from what I can see. I'm not a fan of ENYSSA - they allow their local leagues to operate as they see fit and most are ran by idiots with God complexes who have no clue about policy so what makes this situation any different? CJSL was operating in the way they saw fit. CJSL, as a whole, has always come across as a competent organization. They should be running the state association if you ask me. All this begs the question, was ENY supposed to get a cut and that cut didn't end up as big as they expected?

Comment

I don't know - ENYYSA never thinks things through. If this goes up to USYS and the provisions ENYSSA thinks were violated aren't in the bylaws etc, then it could go either way. We don't know what was agreed upon and if there was an actual contract of sorts when NYCSL came in under CJSL. IF there was, and the actions were in direct violation of those terms, they would be within their rights to bang their chests and do this but the by-laws certainly don't specify from what I can see. I'm not a fan of ENYSSA - they allow their local leagues to operate as they see fit and most are ran by idiots with God complexes who have no clue about policy so what makes this situation any different? CJSL was operating in the way they saw fit. CJSL, as a whole, has always come across as a competent organization. They should be running the state association if you ask me. All this begs the question, was ENY supposed to get a cut and that cut didn't end up as big as they expected?
                              This is about EDP as much as it is about NYCSL. In New Jersey and other places that EDP operates they run not only premier leagues but also intermediate and low level travel leagues. They have wiped out a number of other organizations in their wake.

ENYYSA allowed EDP in with the explicit understanding that they would take over regional premier play only and not compete with the local travel leagues such as LIJSL, CJSL, Big Apple League, Statin Island League, etc.

Since NYCSL has started carding with USYSA under CJSL they have worked very closely with EDP, becoming their business partner, to effectively become EDP's intermediate and low level programs that run in direct competition with various local travel leagues under ENYYSA. First by not limiting team entries to CJSL's geographic footprint and secondly by running competing cups to ENYYSA's state cup. CJSL may be raking in cash under this agreement but every other ENYYSA sanctioned league is pissed off that NYCSL is poaching teams from them so they had ENYSSA act to protect their interests.

Comment

I don't think that the issue is a bylaw violation. I think the issue is that CJSL is an ENYYSSA sanctioned league but NYCSL is not. So last year, ENYSSA is led to believe NYCSL will be absorbed into CJSL and run as one organization in some capacity. But instead, NYCSL continued to operate somewhat independently.

ENYSSA's rules and bylaws defines the membership eligibility of individual soccer leagues. It provides a method of application for these leagues in order to be sanctioned. So essentially, ENYSSA is saying (without actually saying it) that they are not recognizing NYCSL as being a part of CJSL based upon NYCSL's conduct. Therefore they are not sanctioned because NYCSL had never been sanctioned by ENYSSA. Whether or not there was a bylaw violation does not seem to be the correct question. To me, the most simple remedy for NYCSL is to seek their own ENYSSA sanction at this point, although who knows if it will be granted.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X