Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCSL just lost it's sanctioning with ENYYSA

They are screwed. If you have a team registered with NYCSL you may not have a fall season unless EDP reopens registration or you manage to hook up with one of your local travel leagues (LIJSL, CJSL, etc).

July 14, 2021
    Ron Restrepo
    President, CJSL
    850 62nd Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11220
    Re: CJSL and NYCSL

A little over a year ago, Cosmopolitan Junior Soccer League (CJSL} reached out to ENYYSA indicating that CJSL would be taking over New York Club Soccer League (NYCSL) and running it as a division of CJSL. In the original conversations ENYYSA was told that it would not be called NYCSL and that there would not be a NYCSL cup anymore.

CJSL promoted this as a win-win for everybody. Essentially, teams and players that were registered with US Club and playing NYCSL would now register with ENYYSA/USYSA and play with CJSL. It was implied that without an NYCSL Cup, teams would be steered towards ENYYSA cups.

As things unfolded over the next few months, it was clear that ENYYSA had been misled about the process. NYCSL did not become part of CJSL. Instead, NYSCL continued to operate as it always had, with the new twist that they referred to CJSL as their “preferred carding partner”.

Everything about how NYCSL has been run over the past year makes it absolutely clear that NYCSL is not part of CJSL, but an entirely different organization. Programs are run under a different website not CJSL. Marketing and advertising are done under a different organization, not CJSL. Communication comes from a different organization, not CJSL. Payments are made to a different organization, not CJSL.

We can all agree that bringing players back to the ENYYSA / US Youth Soccer Association programming is good for the players, clubs, and the State Association.

However, focusing solely on the financial implications while ignoring all other facets would be irresponsible of the ENYYSA Executive Board. We have a responsibility to manage our organization according to the bylaws that our membership has established.

New York Club Soccer League is not a subsidiary of CJSL. It is an entirely different organization. Since last year we have continued to reach out for clarification and discussion of these issues – and have met with no response or willingness to have meaningful dialogue. To that end ENYYSA has been forced to take action to resolve his matter.
    Effective immediately, ENYYSA will no longer sanction any NYCSL soccer programming (leagues, tournaments, competitions, clinics, etc.). US Youth Soccer Association player passes issued by ENYYSA are not valid for any NYCSL competitions.

Thank you,
    Andrew Seabury

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They are screwed. If you have a team registered with NYCSL you may not have a fall season unless EDP reopens registration or you manage to hook up with one of your local travel leagues (LIJSL, CJSL, etc).

July 14, 2021
    Ron Restrepo
    President, CJSL
    850 62nd Street
    Brooklyn, NY 11220
    Re: CJSL and NYCSL

A little over a year ago, Cosmopolitan Junior Soccer League (CJSL} reached out to ENYYSA indicating that CJSL would be taking over New York Club Soccer League (NYCSL) and running it as a division of CJSL. In the original conversations ENYYSA was told that it would not be called NYCSL and that there would not be a NYCSL cup anymore.

CJSL promoted this as a win-win for everybody. Essentially, teams and players that were registered with US Club and playing NYCSL would now register with ENYYSA/USYSA and play with CJSL. It was implied that without an NYCSL Cup, teams would be steered towards ENYYSA cups.

As things unfolded over the next few months, it was clear that ENYYSA had been misled about the process. NYCSL did not become part of CJSL. Instead, NYSCL continued to operate as it always had, with the new twist that they referred to CJSL as their “preferred carding partner”.

Everything about how NYCSL has been run over the past year makes it absolutely clear that NYCSL is not part of CJSL, but an entirely different organization. Programs are run under a different website not CJSL. Marketing and advertising are done under a different organization, not CJSL. Communication comes from a different organization, not CJSL. Payments are made to a different organization, not CJSL.

We can all agree that bringing players back to the ENYYSA / US Youth Soccer Association programming is good for the players, clubs, and the State Association.

However, focusing solely on the financial implications while ignoring all other facets would be irresponsible of the ENYYSA Executive Board. We have a responsibility to manage our organization according to the bylaws that our membership has established.

New York Club Soccer League is not a subsidiary of CJSL. It is an entirely different organization. Since last year we have continued to reach out for clarification and discussion of these issues – and have met with no response or willingness to have meaningful dialogue. To that end ENYYSA has been forced to take action to resolve his matter.
    Effective immediately, ENYYSA will no longer sanction any NYCSL soccer programming (leagues, tournaments, competitions, clinics, etc.). US Youth Soccer Association player passes issued by ENYYSA are not valid for any NYCSL competitions.

Thank you,
    Andrew Seabury
    And how did LM obtain a copy of this before anyone else lol

Comment

yeah, its on BOTN, and LM has been known to post fake letters. However, this one has spelling and grammar correct at least…

Comment

I'll bet Larry's depends thats its not true......it's not posted anywhere else and came first from his mouth on his site. Nice try

Comment

Yeah he better hope it's true cause his credibility is already at an all time low

Comment

And how did LM obtain a copy of this before anyone else lol
            Lots of people share stuff with LM, for whatever reason.

Comment

It's a fake letter. Ask me how I know lol

Comment

Larry has been know to spread misinformation. If ENY or CJSL send something out then the "letter" holds much more weight than a posting on Back of the Net.

Comment

Larry has been know to spread misinformation. If ENY or CJSL send something out then the "letter" holds much more weight than a posting on Back of the Net.
                  He posted a PDF of the official letter. LM lies about a lot of stuff but this would be a new one for him if he faked it. I think it's true.

CJSL, LIJSL, EDP, etc will open themselves up to take in all the former NYCSL teams so everyone will have a place to play. But this is a big hit against the SUSA's of the world who can't register with LIJSL.

Comment

I'm not saying it's fake - that would be an all-time low for even Larry but the document is 100% editable. Trust me I opened it up and gave it a go - nothing is protected. We are also talking about ENY so that's not surprising.

Comment

We will find out tomorrow

Comment

We will find out tomorrow
                        I'm betting that the final straw was NYCSL announcing their new NYCSL League Cup. They had promised not to have the NY Cup anymore or anything like that to draw teams away from ENYYSA's state cup competition and here they are doing it again after having that "Open League" in the spring.

Comment

Who knows. Someone referenced a SUSA cheating scandal but I don't know anything about that. ENY is ran by dinosaurs who have been stagnant for too long. Apparently they turned a blind eye to mounting issues with the CJSL / NYCSL partnership (much like they really turn a blind eye to so many things their leagues do, but the cheating issue finally made them take action. It's frustrating that their CUP competition for lower tier teams never pans out and I'm sure that's mostly due to being in direct competition with NYCUP despite it being the cup to nowhere really. It was still an option for those middle of the road teams. I know many clubs that submitted for ENY Challenge cup and were told it was a no go - not enough teams - meanwhile NJ, western NY, etc. all run it without issue.

Comment

I guess the more competitive town teams like LGN and East meadow is the answer

Comment

I don’t believe anything from BOTN anymore. After Larry posted the letter from his fake attorney ( which i still can’t figure out his complaint) it sank whatever credibility he had left.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X