Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed, but the coach sets the schedule. And they do not set it 2 years in advance. They set it a few months in advance. As the parent of an athlete playing D1 I am not speaking in general terms.
    This couldn't be more wrong but what do I know. Only spent 7 years as a D1 assistant and handled scheduling

Comment

Who cares about UF? What a crappy school

Comment

This couldn't be more wrong but what do I know. Only spent 7 years as a D1 assistant and handled scheduling
        So you're saying the new Coach is about to lock down the schedule for the Fall, 2023 season any day now? Specific teams and dates of play?

Comment

Who cares about UF? What a crappy school
          OK Troll

Comment

So you're saying the new Coach is about to lock down the schedule for the Fall, 2023 season any day now? Specific teams and dates of play?
            Athletic calendars between different sports are also coordinated.

Comment

I know this is hard for you but often game contracts are home and home vs non conference opponents. Not always but likely. So he inherited his 2021 schedule and will have some day on his 2022 schedule but might have contractuallly obligated games,. Scheduling for 2023 will happen this fall. No trying.to be a jerk but this is how it works. Yes there are late additions and subtractions every year but majority of the scheduling is done way I'm advance,

Comment

LMAO Tony scheduled UNC , FSU Texas and USF to kick things off..Great idea to demoralize the girls before they get pounded in the SEC.. At least they get to play UM and UCF.. Jesus no tournament again for UF or the near future..
                If playing tough games is going to demoralize you, maybe Campbell or Mercer is more your speed so you won’t have to play any tough games and hurt your feelings.

Comment

I know this is hard for you but often game contracts are home and home vs non conference opponents. Not always but likely. So he inherited his 2021 schedule and will have some day on his 2022 schedule but might have contractuallly obligated games,. Scheduling for 2023 will happen this fall. No trying.to be a jerk but this is how it works. Yes there are late additions and subtractions every year but majority of the scheduling is done way I'm advance,
                  The reciprocal agreements as in play at home and we play at your campus next year. Florida often plays in state non conference teams USF, UCF, FSU, Miami and FAU.

Comment

The reciprocal agreements as in play at home and we play at your campus next year. Florida often plays in state non conference teams USF, UCF, FSU, Miami and FAU.
                    FSU and UF are yearly rivals. FSU and UF tied this past year.

Comment

19 games this year is crazy. Good luck with your pursuit of durable player Tony

Comment

19 games this year is crazy. Good luck with your pursuit of durable player Tony
                        That's why they carry 32 players. There's durability in numbers.

Comment

Durability….

My daughters future collegiate coach told her that this past year saw a reduction of serious injuries to women NCAA soccer players by 85% (don’t ask me what qualified as a serious injury or if that figure is exactly accurate, sorry I don’t know) because of the spread out schedule over Fall and Spring. Much less congestion and more recovery time for the players….the way it’s supposed to be for soccer.

Even if that figure is inflated, I’m sure the injury rate was WAY lower across all teams. There was a huge push Pre-Covid to spread out the schedule on the men’s side over 2 semesters and the change was widely expected to pass. The hope was that the women’s side would see the change follow as well, cause let’s face it…in today’s age you can’t do one thing for the men and something different for the women.

Covid killed the momentum and finances for the change.

Comment

Durability….

My daughters future collegiate coach told her that this past year saw a reduction of serious injuries to women NCAA soccer players by 85% (don’t ask me what qualified as a serious injury or if that figure is exactly accurate, sorry I don’t know) because of the spread out schedule over Fall and Spring. Much less congestion and more recovery time for the players….the way it’s supposed to be for soccer.

Even if that figure is inflated, I’m sure the injury rate was WAY lower across all teams. There was a huge push Pre-Covid to spread out the schedule on the men’s side over 2 semesters and the change was widely expected to pass. The hope was that the women’s side would see the change follow as well, cause let’s face it…in today’s age you can’t do one thing for the men and something different for the women.

Covid killed the momentum and finances for the change.
                            Looking out for the well being of the players, there should be a maximum and minimum amount of games allowed in the fall. Big rosters can help and spreading out the games. How are players able to attend classes with 19 games in the fall? Then add on the spring games and summer club league teams the college coaches arrange for them to be on.

Comment

Looking out for the well being of the players, there should be a maximum and minimum amount of games allowed in the fall. Big rosters can help and spreading out the games. How are players able to attend classes with 19 games in the fall? Then add on the spring games and summer club league teams the college coaches arrange for them to be on.
                              Add in mandatory summer training on campus and sumner B classes are mandatory to train.

Comment

Texas and Oklahoma better not get added into the schedule.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X