Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No you entirely missed the point that many of those teams aren't a part of any CLUB, they are summer only teams. So no, you won't have heard many of them.

And its here, not hear
    This is a dumb argument but google tells me otherwise. But who cares.

Comment

This is a dumb argument but google tells me otherwise. But who cares.
      If they only play for a tournament and don’t otherwise exist then they aren’t clubs. The are a tournament team similar AAU basketball.

Comment

If they only play for a tournament and don’t otherwise exist then they aren’t clubs. The are a tournament team similar AAU basketball.
        Even if they play under a club banner most of them form summer-only teams. The number of pop up and smaller struggling clubs has definitely gone down the last few years. Tough market, over saturated with mediocre options

Comment

Yes but that can happen in any sport. It's one of many reasons why kids who start sports don't always stick with it. They lose interest, decide to focus on other activities or sports they're stronger at, social/emotional issues (mean girls on some teams are a real thing). High costs and too much travel are a problem with all sports too, but soccer's in the top 3 for costs + absurdity. At least some other sports also still offer a chance for HS athletes to get recruited - basketball, football etc. For soccer recruiting it's all about pricey club soccer
          Some people also don’t amount to much in life. Giving up to early might be a canary in the coal mine. You focus too much on getting a scholarship. That game is over now that the Supreme Court ruled for enabling players to get paid. There will be a trickle down to 2nd tier sports who generally were being supported by the big two college sports. 60 min did an episode on this last year. We aren’t far from true pay by colleges to athletes. It will real havoc on US Olympic results in the future for sure.

Also if you think recruiting for basketball doesn’t include AAU you are crazy. There’s no way to get validated competition and exposure without the club system. Football I think still stands alone in HS recruiting but only because of the lack of games relative to other sports - club football would beat on people too much otherwise it would exist. If the hyper loop ever gets put in place don’t count on the best HS football teams staying in the state or even tri-state. Everyone has a question they want to answer about how good they are.

What question is your kid answering?

Comment

Some people also don’t amount to much in life. Giving up to early might be a canary in the coal mine. You focus too much on getting a scholarship. That game is over now that the Supreme Court ruled for enabling players to get paid. There will be a trickle down to 2nd tier sports who generally were being supported by the big two college sports. 60 min did an episode on this last year. We aren’t far from true pay by colleges to athletes. It will real havoc on US Olympic results in the future for sure.

Also if you think recruiting for basketball doesn’t include AAU you are crazy. There’s no way to get validated competition and exposure without the club system. Football I think still stands alone in HS recruiting but only because of the lack of games relative to other sports - club football would beat on people too much otherwise it would exist. If the hyper loop ever gets put in place don’t count on the best HS football teams staying in the state or even tri-state. Everyone has a question they want to answer about how good they are.

What question is your kid answering?
            Get a grip dude. In your little world a kid kicking a ball around in a children's sport equals overall success in life? I feel sorry for your kid,.

Comment

Get a grip dude. In your little world a kid kicking a ball around in a children's sport equals overall success in life? I feel sorry for your kid,.
              Winners win and losers lose. It doesn’t matter whether it’s sport or life. I’ve never quit at anything. But, never mind. Your response self-categorizes you. I can literally say, I can do anything I put my mind to. Wish the same foe you and your family, but the stats say it’s not true.

Comment

Winners win and losers lose. It doesn’t matter whether it’s sport or life. I’ve never quit at anything. But, never mind. Your response self-categorizes you. I can literally say, I can do anything I put my mind to. Wish the same foe you and your family, but the stats say it’s not true.
                LOL ok superman.

Comment

Ha! That’s truth! Any self-help book will tell you these things. Time to take a trip to the library, bro.

Comment

Ha! That’s truth! Any self-help book will tell you these things. Time to take a trip to the library, bro.
                    just wait til we can hyperloop it to the REAL library, bro.

Comment

Some people also don’t amount to much in life. Giving up to early might be a canary in the coal mine.
                      Some kids just don't have the skills for certain things. They could be very motivated but mother nature can only go so far. They also may enjoy the sport but aren't passionate about it, yet are passionate about something else. What you call quitting I call kids figuring out what interests them, drives them, growing up. Over the years I've seen loads of kids drop one sport and do incredible things in another, or other activities.

Yes there are some kids that shut down in MS and early HS. I feel for them and hope they also find their "thing."

Comment

Sure sport. You've never "quit" anything.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X