X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OK, I'll bite.

The answer is...it depends. Some schools have better soccer programs than other schools. It's the same as in college soccer Trinity versus Tufts (both Nescac but one has a better coach and program).

St Johns Prep (Danvers) has a better program than Catholic Memorial but SJP doesn't have a good program in comparison to Brooks and Brooks doesn't have as good a program in comparison to Milton Academy or South Kent.

In the majority of cases the good prep programs will beat most public HS ... except for the public high schools with good programs (i.e. Needham, Nauset, etc)...it all comes down to coaching and school support of the program...regardless of prep, boarding, public, etc. But if you live in a small town with a bad coach and program in division 4B then you are screwed unless you do prep (day or boarding) or high level club.

My experience...10 years of putting two boys through high level club, small public HS, day prep and high level boarding.

IMO
    Coldest match I ever played in was against South Kent during prep school playoffs back in the day.
    Took a ball to the thigh and still bear the Brine scar.

Comment

For boys the most effective way to college soccer is through a prep/MLS Next combination.

Comment

Prep school soccer on the boys side is a totally different level and experience from public. Rivers and Milton boys teams each have 15-20 players in their rosters that will play high level D3 or D1 college soccer.

Comment

Is going to a top Ma. prep school like Nobles, BBN, Tabor, Thayer, etc. going to get an aspiring college soccer player more or better exposure? Is the competition better than the top public school league?
          Can you ever just make a decision based off of what’s best for your kid (what they want to do) and your family instead of chasing around others ?

Comment

Ivies different conversation. The whole money thing…

Comment

Sure you have paid for 4 of them... Sure you did. (Wink wink... It's ALL good)

Sure you have... It's okay... it really is...

We know you do not have 4 children and we know you did not pay for two private schools and one parochial school.

Kay Kay?

Now, let's get back to an actual conversation so that Daffy Daddy here can go pick up his four imaginary children from their Polo Tournament.

(Or was it Five Imaginary Little tot)

Sure you do.
              Whether or not you believe me is of no significance. You don't pay my bills. Education is a priority in my house at all levels, including college. But I am a believer that you put a round peg in a round hole. The fits matter for a successful outcome. Nothing is cookie cutter in life.

That said, I was able to see the differences in education and opportunities each child received in various areas including things such as facilities (for sports), class sizes, etc.

Comment

Sure you are...

Whether or not you believe me is of no significance. You don't pay my bills. Education is a priority in my house at all levels, including college. But I am a believer that you put a round peg in a round hole. The fits matter for a successful outcome. Nothing is cookie cutter in life.

That said, I was able to see the differences in education and opportunities each child received in various areas including things such as facilities (for sports), class sizes, etc.

Sure you are a father of what 5 kids or was it 4 kids?

Sure you are a Father.... Sure you are....

Comment

Can you ever just make a decision based off of what’s best for your kid (what they want to do) and your family instead of chasing around others ?
                  Send your kid to prep school if it's the best academic fit for them, not for sports. Yes some - not all - have great teams, but not all on those teams are great players or will play in college. Cost is obviously a huge consideration also. They'll find $ if your kid is a stud, otherwise you're paying a college tuition before they're in college. Nor is every prep school kid going to an Ivy. I've seen plenty who went to the same mid level schools they would have from a quality public school

Comment

Send your kid to prep school if it's the best academic fit for them, not for sports. Yes some - not all - have great teams, but not all on those teams are great players or will play in college. Cost is obviously a huge consideration also. They'll find $ if your kid is a stud, otherwise you're paying a college tuition before they're in college. Nor is every prep school kid going to an Ivy. I've seen plenty who went to the same mid level schools they would have from a quality public school
                    another rare post on ts, someone who makes sense.

Comment

Prep school dad is not chasing anyone around. He just wants to know if the tuition cost is worth it, in service of his kid's college soccer dreams.

Comment

Sure you have... Sure you have..

It's okay, you don't have to know everything about everything...

It really is....

Comment

Sure you have paid for 4 of them... Sure you did. (Wink wink... It's ALL good)

Sure you have... It's okay... it really is...

We know you do not have 4 children and we know you did not pay for two private schools and one parochial school.

Kay Kay?

Now, let's get back to an actual conversation so that Daffy Daddy here can go pick up his four imaginary children from their Polo Tournament.

(Or was it Five Imaginary Little tot)

Sure you do.
                          I don't normally comment. But I would like to confirm if you are an adult or a child. I was going to respond to your post as if you were an adult but then thought that I didn't want to engage in back-and-forth with a child. In other words, all of your posts are disturbing if you are an adult. If you are a child...please leave TS to the adults.

Comment

I don't normally comment. But I would like to confirm if you are an adult or a child. I was going to respond to your post as if you were an adult but then thought that I didn't want to engage in back-and-forth with a child. In other words, all of your posts are disturbing if you are an adult. If you are a child...please leave TS to the adults.
                            Yeah, move along little teenager. Make room to let the adults makes azzes out of themselves for once.

Comment

Is going to a top Ma. prep school like Nobles, BBN, Tabor, Thayer, etc. going to get an aspiring college soccer player more or better exposure? Is the competition better than the top public school league?
                              Look at the rosters for some of the schools your son thinks he want to go to. If it’s all prep schools then you may want to bite the bullet and send him to a prep school (if he’ll be happy there). If the roster is full of public high schools and MLS next programs then go to your local high school.

Above all do what is going to make your son happy. This is his journey.

Comment

Yeah, move along little teenager. Make room to let the adults makes azzes out of themselves for once.
                                This is just plain Tiresome

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X