X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE= College is dumb.[/QUOTE]

Facts...

But if you could get somebody else to pay for it - why not? What's a professional soccer career worth?

Comment

What's a professional soccer career worth? Is it worth more than a D1 athlete experience and all expense paid education?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What's a professional soccer career worth? Is it worth more than a D1 athlete experience and all expense paid education?
        FWIW, should she want to go to college, her parents can pay full tuition wherever, and she's already turned down the D1 athlete experience by becoming a pro player. Best to leave the experience and full scholarship to someone else who wants it.

Comment

FWIW, should she want to go to college, her parents can pay full tuition wherever, and she's already turned down the D1 athlete experience by becoming a pro player. Best to leave the experience and full scholarship to someone else who wants it.
          Is the family even educationally focused? They seem only obsessed about her career.

Comment

You are wrong because the avg salary is around $28k per year, but in most case the player would be eligible for Medicaid because of the low income

Comment

You are wrong because the avg salary is around $28k per year, but in most case the player would be eligible for Medicaid because of the low income
              Is it healthy for a kid to be hanging out with adult women?

I think most of them have 2nd jobs like waitressing or cashier at Walgreens.

These women are old enough to be dealing with relationships, alcohol, legal weed, and drama.

I feel bad this kid is losing childhood. A healthy childhood and a great college experience can’t be replaced later on with money. Nobody cares about NWSL. It’s kinda fun but that’s it.

Also, be nice everyone. I know the dad is on here looking for validation.

Comment

These conversations took place when Mal P was the topic as the latest and greatest. That quickly died down.

Comment

I think it's great and I hope she turns out to be the real deal. It's too bad she wasn't a tennis or golf prodigy where the money is. College is a scam but if you can get it paid for by somebody else it's a good deal. But not everyone is made for college.

Comment

These conversations took place when Mal P was the topic as the latest and greatest. That quickly died down.
                    At least she was a HS senior when she decided and (seemingly) without parents that were so pushy. No it doesn't always work out. MLS made a big deal about Freddy Adu going pro at a young age; he really struggled. The family wants to make sure she has a shot at the NT for the next WC. That's all well and good but 1) she might not make it, 2) being so young and with so many other players with big international experience already, she'd be a practice cone at best

Comment

I think it's great and I hope she turns out to be the real deal. It's too bad she wasn't a tennis or golf prodigy where the money is. College is a scam but if you can get it paid for by somebody else it's a good deal. But not everyone is made for college.
                      But if you can go for free....for the girls side college is the goal. A handful want to go pro and less could actually do so. If you can, you can go pro after college; at least for now you don't "need" to go pro young like you kind of need to on the men's side. With MP and now OM maybe that will change some, but I doubt much. Not with college costing what it does, pro salaries as low as they are. If you're a consistent NT player who is in the WC or Olympics, can get sponsors/ad deals, maybe play abroad for more $? Then sure. Otherwise grab the education, at least do a few years, then give going pro a shot.

Comment

Nobody cares. NWSL is dull. Only people that are really interested would be mom and dad. Maybe grandma?

Comment

Nobody cares. NWSL is dull. Only people that are really interested would be mom and dad. Maybe grandma?
                          They can't even get a network for games. How the heck are you going to promote the league without a TV deal? And no, streaming apps don't count.

Comment

My kid is better and only ten years old. Once we get social media going the thorns and USWNT will be knocking down my door. Let the bidding begin. The novelty of having a ten year old will sell tickets for sure. It will be great to have them fawn over me. I’ll be parking in the owners private parking spot for sure ha ha ha. Free concessions at games? Maybe. I think we’ll look at Adidas for main sponsor.

Comment

My kid is better and only ten years old. Once we get social media going the thorns and USWNT will be knocking down my door. Let the bidding begin. The novelty of having a ten year old will sell tickets for sure. It will be great to have them fawn over me. I’ll be parking in the owners private parking spot for sure ha ha ha. Free concessions at games? Maybe. I think we’ll look at Adidas for main sponsor.
                              You must be on the 2010 Thorns Academy team. I heard they are amazing. Keep up the good work. The sky is the limit and the thorns academy will take you there.

Comment

You must be on the 2010 Thorns Academy team. I heard they are amazing. Keep up the good work. The sky is the limit and the thorns academy will take you there.
                                You think your funny? Your not. Bad humor.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X