Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    TBU has significantly beefed up their ECNL coaching staff with the arrival of Coach Guthrie from Colorado Real.
    Is he coaching every team?

Comment

What teams are Georgi coaching at FL Premier?

Comment

The Tampa Bay United Soccer Club (TBU), the largest youth soccer program in Tampa Bay, is excited to announce a new addition to their leadership team and expert coaching staff. Rivers Guthrie will join the club as the ECNLR (Elite Club National League Regional) Director and as Head Coach for two top-level TBU girls teams competing in the ECNL league.

Guthrie arrives in Tampa Bay from Colorado where he has spent the past seven years as Director of Player Development/ECNL at Real Colorado Soccer Club. He has trained notable players at Real Colorado who have gone on to play for their national teams including the United States women's national soccer team players Jaelin Howell, Sophie Smith, Mallory Pugh, and Janine Beckie who played on the Canadian women's national soccer team.

His coaching success is backed by a track record of accomplishments as a premier soccer player. Guthrie was a four-year letterman at Clemson University with NCAA assists leader in 1994 and All-ACC selection in 1993. He played professionally with the Colorado Rapids, Orange County Waves, Charleston Battery, New Orleans, and the Tampa Bay Mutiny. As a youth athlete, he was a US National team member (1988 & 1990,) U-17 World Cup player, (1989), and Parade Magazine All-American (1991).

“As a graduate of St. Petersburg High School and a former member of the Tampa Bay Mutiny, I am eager to return to the Tampa Bay area and work with the rising talent at Tampa Bay United. TBU is known for providing a path to the highest levels of soccer competition and has grassroots support for the sport which makes me all the more excited to bring my experience and coaching acumen to the athletes,” said Guthrie.

Guthrie holds a USSF National “B” license and will be responsible for overseeing the girl’s competitive development programs in the ECNLR league. The ECNL Girls Regional Leagues are operated and managed by the ECNL Girls Platform. Each league allows improved coordination and collaboration between teams of different levels within ECNL clubs and opportunities for teams and players to develop through regular high-level competition.

“Rivers brings a wealth of experience and relationship that will provide TBU players exposure to top-level collegiate and professional opportunities,” says Tricia Taliferro, Girls Technical Director TBU.

Comment

The Tampa Bay United Soccer Club (TBU), the largest youth soccer program in Tampa Bay, is excited to announce a new addition to their leadership team and expert coaching staff. Rivers Guthrie will join the club as the ECNLR (Elite Club National League Regional) Director and as Head Coach for two top-level TBU girls teams competing in the ECNL league.

Guthrie arrives in Tampa Bay from Colorado where he has spent the past seven years as Director of Player Development/ECNL at Real Colorado Soccer Club. He has trained notable players at Real Colorado who have gone on to play for their national teams including the United States women's national soccer team players Jaelin Howell, Sophie Smith, Mallory Pugh, and Janine Beckie who played on the Canadian women's national soccer team.

His coaching success is backed by a track record of accomplishments as a premier soccer player. Guthrie was a four-year letterman at Clemson University with NCAA assists leader in 1994 and All-ACC selection in 1993. He played professionally with the Colorado Rapids, Orange County Waves, Charleston Battery, New Orleans, and the Tampa Bay Mutiny. As a youth athlete, he was a US National team member (1988 & 1990,) U-17 World Cup player, (1989), and Parade Magazine All-American (1991).

“As a graduate of St. Petersburg High School and a former member of the Tampa Bay Mutiny, I am eager to return to the Tampa Bay area and work with the rising talent at Tampa Bay United. TBU is known for providing a path to the highest levels of soccer competition and has grassroots support for the sport which makes me all the more excited to bring my experience and coaching acumen to the athletes,” said Guthrie.

Guthrie holds a USSF National “B” license and will be responsible for overseeing the girl’s competitive development programs in the ECNLR league. The ECNL Girls Regional Leagues are operated and managed by the ECNL Girls Platform. Each league allows improved coordination and collaboration between teams of different levels within ECNL clubs and opportunities for teams and players to develop through regular high-level competition.

“Rivers brings a wealth of experience and relationship that will provide TBU players exposure to top-level collegiate and professional opportunities,” says Tricia Taliferro, Girls Technical Director TBU.
          Wait. So he isn’t even in charge of the girls program? He’s not even in charge of the girls ECNL program? He’s in charge of the girls regional teams?

I’m sure he’s a very nice man and I don’t mean this for him but for anyone who believes that press release somehow makes tbu better than last year 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Wait. So he isn’t even in charge of the girls program? He’s not even in charge of the girls ECNL program? He’s in charge of the girls regional teams?

I’m sure he’s a very nice man and I don’t mean this for him but for anyone who believes that press release somehow makes tbu better than last year 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
            He is a great guy and I'm sure FP will look to hire him in a few years. BTW aren't most of the current FP directors former TBU directors. Kind of hypocritical for you to question our coaches when you hire them to run your club.

Comment

He is a great guy and I'm sure FP will look to hire him in a few years. BTW aren't most of the current FP directors former TBU directors. Kind of hypocritical for you to question our coaches when you hire them to run your club.
              If we didn’t, WFF, Wesley Chapel or Clearwater would have grabbed them and made our little Pasco club obsolete.

We’re the next best thing to TBU. Since we only have boys ECNL and girls ECNL-R - you can’t say we’re better, so we preach development and family as our marketing plugs. Might have misinformation campaigns but we’ll get around to fixing them once tryouts are over and you’ve regi$tered.

Comment

It’s sad that you think it’s just FP looking down on TBU.

Comment

I wouldn't say sad. It is naďve though.

It’s sad that you think it’s just FP looking down on TBU.

Comment

I wouldn't say sad. It is naďve though.
                    This has nothing to do with 2010 girls soccer. TBU will have the best team in this age group in Tampa and will compete at a high level in the State. As we do with every team. If we don’t have the best this year we will definitely have the best by next. Top players find themselves at TBU to play in the big Leagues. Our scouts know who are the top players and will be scouting and recruiting heavily during the year.

Comment

It wasn't long ago, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, that CC rightfully said this on the boys side every year. Things change fast.

This has nothing to do with 2010 girls soccer. TBU will have the best team in this age group in Tampa and will compete at a high level in the State. As we do with every team. If we don’t have the best this year we will definitely have the best by next. Top players find themselves at TBU to play in the big Leagues. Our scouts know who are the top players and will be scouting and recruiting heavily during the year.

Comment

TBU scout: I know you just smacked us around for the past 60 minutes but what do you think about playing for us next year?

Comment

TBU scout: I know you just smacked us around for the past 60 minutes but what do you think about playing for us next year?
                          We are the only club that can showcase your daughters talent in the best league. We added three top players this year and you know who they are. With the addition of your daughter the team will be the best in the South East. We will have a highly qualified and respected coach leading the team

Parent:

We are in.

Comment

What's the sales pitch next year when FP has full ECNL?

We are the only club that can showcase your daughters talent in the best league. We added three top players this year and you know who they are. With the addition of your daughter the team will be the best in the South East. We will have a highly qualified and respected coach leading the team

Parent:

We are in.

Comment

It wasn't long ago, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, that CC rightfully said this on the boys side every year. Things change fast.
                              That's true and then C.C. got stale and stopped investing in the club. We are happy to see TBU continually investing in the club. Just met the new coach Guthrie from Colorado. He seems like a great addition to the girls ECNL and ECNL-R side.

Comment

What's the sales pitch next year when FP has full ECNL?
                                Basically the same pitch and then add the story of the boy that cried wolf, yea that's FP. Every year they say the same thing to get people to stay but how many times will you believe that same BS before you realize they are just selling you lies.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X