Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you think there has ever been a sense of entitlement in the GHS girls soccer program, you’re nuts. Those five stars had to be earned through hard work and dedication, and the “unofficial sixth star” on the jersey from last season had to be earned as well. I say unofficial sixth star because while there were no traditional state tournaments in 2020, the way the season ended sure felt like winning a championship. Completing the miracle 13-0 season on that day in those circumstances was not easy, no matter how weak the competition was. What happened at the end of last year proved that Covid coming along when it did was not random at all- it happened so the EPL could be cancelled on Friday the 13th in March, and then we could write the redemption story by winning on Friday the 13th in November. The odds of everything happening the way it did were too improbable for there to be any other explanation. How fitting that Andy Robertson’s book about Liverpool’s title winning season in 2020 had 13 chapters to it, just like JF’s tenure at GHS had 13 chapters- the last in 2020.

No player is ever assured of their place in the team- you have to earn it- and that won’t change under the new coach either. There are high standards to live up to when you play for such a storied program with such a unique history.
    Seek therapy

Comment

Wow. A little too in to HS soccer. Nothing that happened last year was amazing. There was no tourney and they played no one.
      Dude, I literally was on this board in August 2020 talking about the whole Halloween history involving the number 13 with the GHS girls program (go back and look at the old posts if you want proof) and everyone said I was foolish for doing so, giving me all sorts of sarcastic responses. And then it just so happened to turn out that we went 13-0 on the 13th in his 13th season in fall 2020! You’re telling me that isn’t amazing? If you think that can happen by chance given the amount of variables that needed to fall into place and the scientific improbability of it all, then maybe you’re the one who needs to seek therapy. If there had been a normal season with traditional state tournaments, then the final game of the season wouldn’t have been on Friday the 13th so it lined up with when Covid shut down the PL in March. I don’t need any therapy, just stating cold hard facts. And the only reason they went 13-0 instead of 14-0 is because the last regular season game against Manchester just so happened to be cancelled so they finished with 13 total wins instead of what would have been 14. They played a very weak schedule for sure- I’m not disputing that- but still were behind against RHAM in early October and showed great character to come back with two late goals and win. Otherwise it would have been 12-0-1 and the coincidence again wouldn’t have happened.

I wasn't the only one to notice this either. The assistant coach noticed it and the Glastonbury newspaper noticed it, stating about how the number 13 lined up in all three cases in their article. In fact, when I clicked the FB event to watch the last game against SW, or the "Last Supper", there were 12 people attending and then I was the 13th person to click Attending! Fact.

The point is, there was nothing special about the 2020 season as you say for 99% of all other teams in CT….the season was a complete mess for most teams....but for Glastonbury it was an absolute dream! Your yard sign can say Science is real....mine says Superstition is real!

Comment

Dude, I literally was on this board in August 2020 talking about the whole Halloween history involving the number 13 with the GHS girls program (go back and look at the old posts if you want proof) and everyone said I was foolish for doing so, giving me all sorts of sarcastic responses. And then it just so happened to turn out that we went 13-0 on the 13th in his 13th season in fall 2020! You’re telling me that isn’t amazing? If you think that can happen by chance given the amount of variables that needed to fall into place and the scientific improbability of it all, then maybe you’re the one who needs to seek therapy. If there had been a normal season with traditional state tournaments, then the final game of the season wouldn’t have been on Friday the 13th so it lined up with when Covid shut down the PL in March. I don’t need any therapy, just stating cold hard facts. And the only reason they went 13-0 instead of 14-0 is because the last regular season game against Manchester just so happened to be cancelled so they finished with 13 total wins instead of what would have been 14. They played a very weak schedule for sure- I’m not disputing that- but still were behind against RHAM in early October and showed great character to come back with two late goals and win. Otherwise it would have been 12-0-1 and the coincidence again wouldn’t have happened.

I wasn't the only one to notice this either. The assistant coach noticed it and the Glastonbury newspaper noticed it, stating about how the number 13 lined up in all three cases in their article. In fact, when I clicked the FB event to watch the last game against SW, or the "Last Supper", there were 12 people attending and then I was the 13th person to click Attending! Fact.

The point is, there was nothing special about the 2020 season as you say for 99% of all other teams in CT….the season was a complete mess for most teams....but for Glastonbury it was an absolute dream! Your yard sign can say Science is real....mine says Superstition is real!
        You need therapy very badly, Freak.

Comment

You need therapy very badly, Freak.
          has the job even been posted yet?

Comment

I’m ashamed to even admit that you follow soccer. Seriously, copy this paragraph and bring it to your next doctor’s appointment. We can chat when you get out of the room with the padded walls. Make sure you take the tinfoil hat off when you get the CT scan.

Comment

I kept waiting to read the sentence where you give up the game and let us know you're just kidding around with all that nonsense, but it never came. As others have said, you're lost in a world of abject nonsense. Please seek out reality.

Comment

I kept waiting to read the sentence where you give up the game and let us know you're just kidding around with all that nonsense, but it never came. As others have said, you're lost in a world of abject nonsense. Please seek out reality.
                whos getting the job????

Comment

I’m ashamed to even admit that you follow soccer. Seriously, copy this paragraph and bring it to your next doctor’s appointment. We can chat when you get out of the room with the padded walls. Make sure you take the tinfoil hat off when you get the CT scan.
                  So essentially your argument is that while the factual events I reference may all be true and the numbers do indeed match up, the fact I care so deeply about these things when it’s just high school soccer indicates that I still need help regardless. I would counter by saying that witnessing such an improbable sequence of events (and you can’t argue that it was happening inside my head when all the facts are true!) involving a team I have very strong loyalties to is something I should care about intensely, because you only live once and the more incredible things you witness in sports at any level during a lifetime, the better. Maybe I actually have a gift for noticing these sorts of things when many other people wouldn’t. This was a season that almost didn’t happen and yet ended with the team delivering a moment of great joy at the end of an unprecedented year of hardship and suffering. This was a season when I couldn’t even be there in the stands to support my favorite team because it was unsafe to do so due to the advice of medical professionals (parents only were allowed), and yet they brought a smile to my face by winning on a day that brought back bad memories from March in what would be his final game. And now you’re saying that I need to seek help for being brave enough to recount the story on a forum like this? How sad!

Enough with the sarcastic responses already and admit that I just know my stuff….and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Comment

So essentially your argument is that while the factual events I reference may all be true and the numbers do indeed match up, the fact I care so deeply about these things when it’s just high school soccer indicates that I still need help regardless. I would counter by saying that witnessing such an improbable sequence of events (and you can’t argue that it was happening inside my head when all the facts are true!) involving a team I have very strong loyalties to is something I should care about intensely, because you only live once and the more incredible things you witness in sports at any level during a lifetime, the better. Maybe I actually have a gift for noticing these sorts of things when many other people wouldn’t. This was a season that almost didn’t happen and yet ended with the team delivering a moment of great joy at the end of an unprecedented year of hardship and suffering. This was a season when I couldn’t even be there in the stands to support my favorite team because it was unsafe to do so due to the advice of medical professionals (parents only were allowed), and yet they brought a smile to my face by winning on a day that brought back bad memories from March in what would be his final game. And now you’re saying that I need to seek help for being brave enough to recount the story on a forum like this? How sad!

Enough with the sarcastic responses already and admit that I just know my stuff….and there’s nothing wrong with that.
                    Give it up. You know nothing.

Signed, Another Poster

Comment

Nope....I'm living in the real world, thank you very much. Everything I mentioned in that paragraph WAS reality. That's what made it so strange. Many other parents of the GHS girls team agreed that it was strange. Get a clue.

Comment

Nope....I'm living in the real world, thank you very much. Everything I mentioned in that paragraph WAS reality. That's what made it so strange. Many other parents of the GHS girls team agreed that it was strange. Get a clue.
                        They agreed simply to end the dumb conversation and get away from you. Sorry to be the bearer of that difficult news.

Comment

You do know there’s medicine for people with your deficiencies, right? Have mommy give you a ride to the doctor. Seriously. Just don’t go at 13:13pm on July 13th (the month equals 13 if you double it and subtract one!) of 2021! Can you imagine!

Comment

A beautiful mind

Comment

whoever is going to be the new coach is going to get eaten alive by the vicious Glastonbury moms who think their mia's are the best around. maybe that's the reason for the unwritten rule in town that once you make varsity you don't get cut from varsity even though younger players are better. ENTITLEMENT what are you teaching these kids!
                              Glastonbury soccer moms are pretty pathetic. Whiney bio tches

Comment

Ahh creepy Joe leaves, you’ll be fine if not better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X