Us women

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I explain to my daughter that the US Women turned their back to the US National Anthem and the 98 year old WWII vet. It was embarrassing to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      How do I explain to my daughter that the US Women turned their back to the US National Anthem and the 98 year old WWII vet. It was embarrassing to say the least.
      Missed the game tonight. *** happened?

Comment

Nevermind. Non issue. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.dai...ar-two-veteran

Comment

No it was an issue. They didn’t turn away from him, but they didn’t all face the same direction as I’d tradition. Press and Dunn were not facing the flag along with a few others. Coincidence I don’t think so. Just her new way. We shall see during the Olympics what she does. There won’t be us flags in other parts of the stadium to face (as they tried to claim). Dunn personally said she would no longer take a knee as she had been doing....this is now her Gwen berry best look. If she goes down with injury, I wouldnt be that upset to tell you the truth.

Comment

Explain to her why they are quietly protesting and that the vet fought for their right to do so.

Comment

What a disgrace. Why don’t these players go find another country to play for if ours is so bad.I’d gladly not have them represent our country.

Comment

What a disgrace. Why don’t these players go find another country to play for if ours is so bad.I’d gladly not have them represent our country.
                They criticize because they think we can do better. And we can do better. Blind loyalty is a cult. Forced patriotism is for dictators.

Comment

They criticize because they think we can do better. And we can do better. Blind loyalty is a cult. Forced patriotism is for dictators.
                  You’re a dope. You should go live in another country too- let’s see how you do there and what freedoms you have.

Comment

Explain to her why they are quietly protesting and that the vet fought for their right to do so.
                    That's BS .... don't be soccer whores and take the glory and accolades and then sh|t on the flag that pays for everything that helped to make you who you are. Don't like it, quit and move to the country of your choice that is better. Everyone b|tches and complains, yet no one leaves. If there are so many better choices out there why would anyone stay in a country they feel is so terrible? So sick of this BS .... can no one see the hypocrisy here? Was at the game on Friday and now hoping they lose so we can turn over this grumpy bunch of old ladies who have earned far more than their share and still aren't happy. Since the men are so bad now, I hope the federation hands both teams the exact same pay structure for the next CBA; low-ball the heck out of them and see how they all like it. Stupid @$$es chose their own CBA and then signed it and still had the balls to complain. Hate the pay, hate your country! Sick of you whiners and I am no longer partaking in this BS. Remember that as popular as you are, the stadium was still more than half empty! You are making your uphill climb much harder by pushing away many that would have supported you. Good luck in your new countries, now GTFOH!

Comment

Good, in the entire free market, let them go and do better. No one watches or pays for womens soccer and merchandise anywhere close to how they would for men's teams. Period. There is no money in it (never was and never will be) and the women are not entitled to what the men get just because they play the same sport for the same entity. Could you imagine what will happen if the men ever win the WC and get a winners share? Similarly, football, basketball, and baseball all make a ton more money here in the US .... are the american soccer players entitled to a cut of that too? What a joke. GTFOH!

Comment

You’re a dope. You should go live in another country too- let’s see how you do there and what freedoms you have.
                        Why do you get to decide which freedoms are acceptable and which are not? Freedom of expression is allowed in the US why is that so hard for you to understand? The 98 year old WWII vet doesn't seem to have a problem with the team why do you?

Comment

No it was an issue. They didn’t turn away from him, but they didn’t all face the same direction as I’d tradition. Press and Dunn were not facing the flag along with a few others. Coincidence I don’t think so. Just her new way. We shall see during the Olympics what she does. There won’t be us flags in other parts of the stadium to face (as they tried to claim). Dunn personally said she would no longer take a knee as she had been doing....this is now her Gwen berry best look. If she goes down with injury, I wouldnt be that upset to tell you the truth.
                          Wrong. Even a statement from the team. You’re an idiot trying to make something out of nothing. You’re an idiot.

Comment

Why do you get to decide which freedoms are acceptable and which are not? Freedom of expression is allowed in the US why is that so hard for you to understand? The 98 year old WWII vet doesn't seem to have a problem with the team why do you?
                            How do you know what the 98 year old vet thinks?

Comment

because as Americans we have the freedom to decide for ourselves - and basic good manners and tradition dictate certain behavior in certain situations- its called upbringing
                              and as you witnessed they had the freedoms to act the way they did- they were not arrested or taken behind the stadium and shot ( which would happen in other countries)

as has always been said in America until recently- you have the right to your opinion, you dont have the right to not be criticized ,or the right to not be offended

doing it on July 4th weekend, wearing the uniform of the USA ? yep nobody would notice,or be pissed

Comment

The fact that the women can’t fill The Rent in East Hartford says it all. They should not get paid the same as the men who can fill Soldier Field in Chicago. WNBA players don’t get the same as NBA. It’s not the same

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X