Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The Jamaican national team is full of good players but they do not have the money to train together the way the USWNT does. Our team is bankrolled by US Soccer, Nike, Gatorade, etc and they get flown around, playing on tours. Small Caribbean island nations cant dream of competing with that even though they probably have some players who could have been in contention for the USWNT. In reality, our US team isnt even the very best selection. Their contract as salaried players and the sponsorship agreements in place actually incentivize management to maintain a roster with the fewest changes possible.
    You do realize their are teams beneath the senior team where developing players can audition their talent. Are you saying the Jamaican Americans made those teams but where passed over? That seems unlikely, maybe they participated in regional talent centers. You don’t become cap-tied to a country until you play a game on the senior team past a certain age - 23 I think.

Comment

The Jamaican national team is full of good players but they do not have the money to train together the way the USWNT does. Our team is bankrolled by US Soccer, Nike, Gatorade, etc and they get flown around, playing on tours. Small Caribbean island nations cant dream of competing with that even though they probably have some players who could have been in contention for the USWNT. In reality, our US team isnt even the very best selection. Their contract as salaried players and the sponsorship agreements in place actually incentivize management to maintain a roster with the fewest changes possible.
      You better read the contract… only 16 women in the pool get guaranteed salaries by USSF. The rest get paid on a per game basis based on seniority. Those that are allocated to NWSL also have salaries paid by USSF.

Comment

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/w...172805240.html

“The USWNT and the USMNT have never been paid equally. That’s because, with good reason, the U.S. men’s and women’s teams are paid through different compensation models.

While the USMNT is paid based on call-ups, game appearances and win bonuses, most USWNT players get paid salaries. That’s what the separate collective bargaining units for the USWNT and the USMNT fought for.

The women prioritized stability, while the men opted for a bonus structure that was more of a gamble for each player.

In the USWNT’s collective bargaining agreement, 17 players this year are on contracts to earn $100,000 salaries. The players without contracts earn $3,500 per game, plus small fees for being called into camp. All USWNT players, on contract or not, earn win bonuses up to $8,500 per friendly and, on the other end of the spectrum, up to $110,000 each for winning a World Cup.”

Comment

“The USWNT and the USMNT have never been paid equally. That’s because, with good reason, the U.S. men’s and women’s teams are paid through different compensation models.

While the USMNT is paid based on call-ups, game appearances and win bonuses, most USWNT players get paid salaries. That’s what the separate collective bargaining units for the USWNT and the USMNT fought for.

The women prioritized stability, while the men opted for a bonus structure that was more of a gamble for each player.

In the USWNT’s collective bargaining agreement, 17 players this year are on contracts to earn $100,000 salaries. The players without contracts earn $3,500 per game, plus small fees for being called into camp. All USWNT players, on contract or not, earn win bonuses up to $8,500 per friendly and, on the other end of the spectrum, up to $110,000 each for winning a World Cup.”
          That explains why Carli Lloyd at 39 is still interested in playing. She can stack the salary on top of what she earns through club and endorsements.

Comment

It was lowered to 16 women this year

Comment

CFC does not develop players
              and yet there are no oakwood or fsa girls on the pitch for their country's senior national team

Comment

and yet there are no oakwood or fsa girls on the pitch for their country's senior national team
                AN? Oh, your bad!

Comment

AN? Oh, your bad!
                  Yankee?

Comment

AN? Oh, your bad!
                    South central bro

Comment

But again and worth repeating that no one in CT can displace the current squad and the few people in CT with island heritage who are highly skilled are probably counted on one hand. Because of the small sample size, I could legitimately argue they chose to play for CFC because they liked the uniform color better. Especially considering two are related there’s a lot of bias in your assessment that this somehow makes CFC superior.

Comment

But again and worth repeating that no one in CT can displace the current squad and the few people in CT with island heritage who are highly skilled are probably counted on one hand. Because of the small sample size, I could legitimately argue they chose to play for CFC because they liked the uniform color better. Especially considering two are related there’s a lot of bias in your assessment that this somehow makes CFC superior.
                        Or you can look at one club leads in High level college commitments… which is CFC

Comment

Over a quarter of the players on the field for Jamaica at one point we’re from cfc. Seems like more than a few as a percentage of the players on the field no....I mean, I am no joe Biden with numbers, but it seems significant

Comment

Over a quarter of the players on the field for Jamaica at one point we’re from cfc. Seems like more than a few as a percentage of the players on the field no....I mean, I am no joe Biden with numbers, but it seems significant
                            Do you think there might be a reason, Joe Biden? I know folks say you are slow, but perhaps you might say there are either family or friend groups directing Jamaicans to that club vs. any other. Riddle me this how many Jamaicans work at you job, live in your community, or have you met in your life. No my that many Joe Biden…not that many, yet you say there are a large amount with prior CFC affiliation. Do the math for once. Make your mom proud.

Comment

Do you think there might be a reason, Joe Biden? I know folks say you are slow, but perhaps you might say there are either family or friend groups directing Jamaicans to that club vs. any other. Riddle me this how many Jamaicans work at you job, live in your community, or have you met in your life. No my that many Joe Biden…not that many, yet you say there are a large amount with prior CFC affiliation. Do the math for once. Make your mom proud.
                              Huh?? Sounds like Fox logic

Comment

At me job? None....not many in my occupation. Not due to systematic racism, just lack of the necessary skills and maybe drug testing policies.

Bottom line is cfc has a better program and model. Fsa did a nice job stealing the badge from soccer minus. However, the execution once they got it sucks. They have not improved in the tables, college placements, development, nothing. Soccer plus was horrible prior to selling the badge, but their development and coaching early on was not bad. They also had better college placements. The big knock was no facility and not enough depth of talent because of competition in the area. However, the sale took care of that. No longer competed for talent vs Fsa and got the indoor out door facility. So you have to blame it on the ownership and the coaching.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X