Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Largo Fields

Why has Celtic not announced this on the social media or website like they did when they took Palm Harbor from TBU?

Will they be holding tryouts there for competitive for next season or just using it for rec and extra space for the current teams?

Will they have the fields 7 days a week or are they sharing them now with other sports and events?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why has Celtic not announced this on the social media or website like they did when they took Palm Harbor from TBU?

Will they be holding tryouts there for competitive for next season or just using it for rec and extra space for the current teams?

Will they have the fields 7 days a week or are they sharing them now with other sports and events?
    It’s government. It must be approved by the City first. Perhaps they are waiting until it’s a done deal before announcing?

Pretty sure they will be running all programs out of those fields but considering the timing, it will be hard to form any competitive teams for this year at that location. My understanding is they have exclusive rights to the fields and LU signs and goals are already being removed

Comment

What our coach told the boys . Your choice if you believe or not .
      Celtic Senior teams will train at the Largo fields . Apparently the fields there are in better shape . Junior teams will stay at SJWAA fields . I’m not sure if my dates are right but I believe Rec doesn’t start until end of October when Senior season ends so presumably they could then use both Largo and SJWAA fields then .
      This seems like a sensible idea .

Comment

I’m guessing they won’t until it’s been announced by city commission. Next meeting is Tuesday

Comment

Looks like they are on the agenda. https://largo.civicweb.net/document/43327/Authorization%20To%20Negotiate%20With%20Florida%20 Celtic%20.pdf?handle=83DC29A8F56842EE90785CEA05423 24F

Comment

Not every club has to resort to social media the moment they get the urge.
            Besides, pretty embarrassing when it blows up in your face by making promises that aren’t true, eh Florida Pretender.

Comment

So, if true, that means less teams in central pinellas but more space for Celtic's existing teams. Win for Celtic for sure. Loss for the community.

Wasn't this supposed to be just about Rec? That's what the pitch to the city was. I guess they used Rec to wedge a foot in the door for really just wanting more room and to keep a competitor away from their local market.

What our coach told the boys . Your choice if you believe or not .
              Celtic Senior teams will train at the Largo fields . Apparently the fields there are in better shape . Junior teams will stay at SJWAA fields . I’m not sure if my dates are right but I believe Rec doesn’t start until end of October when Senior season ends so presumably they could then use both Largo and SJWAA fields then .
              This seems like a sensible idea .

Comment

Not every club has to resort to social media the moment they get the urge.
                Besides, pretty embarrassing when it blows up in your face by making promises that aren’t true, eh Florida Pretender.
                When is FP and AS going to take all that FP propaganda off the web site - or take the site down?

Comment

Looks like they are on the agenda. https://largo.civicweb.net/document/43327/Authorization%20To%20Negotiate%20With%20Florida%20 Celtic%20.pdf?handle=83DC29A8F56842EE90785CEA05423 24F
                  Celtic's proposal to the City is very impressive at this link. I can see AS did not want to divulge his $$ financial secrets - lot of bodies buried.

Comment

Celtic's proposal to the City is very impressive at this link. I can see AS did not want to divulge his $$ financial secrets - lot of bodies buried.
                    Yeah. Also the revenue in Rec Cards is a win for the city. I don't think Largo produced the 450 the celtics has as a min in a year let alone that last 2-3 years total.

It looks like the requirements for the agreements made by city was:
                    • Every Tuesday and the first Saturday of every month the City shall have exclusive use of all three fields.
                    • On all other available dates, two fields are reserved for recreational teams only. One field may be available for competitive teams

I wonder if the Celtics will abide by this or not. Considering the previous poster saying that Senior teams are already vetting for the fields and the ink isn't even dry yet.

Comment

So, if true, that means less teams in central pinellas but more space for Celtic's existing teams. Win for Celtic for sure. Loss for the community.

Wasn't this supposed to be just about Rec? That's what the pitch to the city was. I guess they used Rec to wedge a foot in the door for really just wanting more room and to keep a competitor away from their local market.
                      Yes. 3 less competitive teams this year in the central Pinellas area which were formed at tryouts. Which is 1/2 of total competitive teams (6) last year at that location. Is that your idea of a growing program?

Somebody finally asked LU to show their numbers to the City, and they didn't even submit a proposal. All you need to know.

But moving forward there will be a strong recreational program along with higher competitive leagues than what was available there before for both boys and girls programs. Big win for local players who want to join a solid club.

Spin it any way you want, but it's a HUGE win for the community, and City of Largo probably would have made the right choice, but in the end, they didn't even have to. AS made the choice for them when he didn't submit a proposal.

Must be strange having your DOC/Site Director and supposed advocate not even submit a proposal. What a joke. If I were one of the families that were told different, I would be upset. Why wouldn't AS even submit a proposal? Hmmmmm.......

Comment

Rec soccer doesn’t start until November . So the fields would be available for senior club teams

Comment

Yes. 3 less competitive teams this year in the central Pinellas area which were formed at tryouts. Which is 1/2 of total competitive teams (6) last year at that location. Is that your idea of a growing program?

Somebody finally asked LU to show their numbers to the City, and they didn't even submit a proposal. All you need to know.

But moving forward there will be a strong recreational program along with higher competitive leagues than what was available there before for both boys and girls programs. Big win for local players who want to join a solid club.

Spin it any way you want, but it's a HUGE win for the community, and City of Largo probably would have made the right choice, but in the end, they didn't even have to. AS made the choice for them when he didn't submit a proposal.

Must be strange having your DOC/Site Director and supposed advocate not even submit a proposal. What a joke. If I were one of the families that were told different, I would be upset. Why wouldn't AS even submit a proposal? Hmmmmm.......
                          What a load of Horse manure. A huge loss to the community as all we got was more Rec from Celtic all because Celtic jammed the Wheel of a Competitor knowing it couldn't compete with better leagues, better coaching & better players. Shameful.

Comment

What a load of Horse manure. A huge loss to the community as all we got was more Rec from Celtic all because Celtic jammed the Wheel of a Competitor knowing it couldn't compete with better leagues, better coaching & better players. Shameful.
                            But it’s done so better get used to it . Wouldn’t be surprised to see even more consolidation in Pinellas County next year . Mega clubs seem to be the way of the future . Certainly plenty money to be made in youth sports .

Comment

Heard JO is talking to Eastlake about coming over to Celtic .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X