Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Whiteness"

MSNBC contributor Mara Gay said Tuesday that she was "disturbed" to see "dozens of American flags" flown by Donald Trump supporters during a weekend trip to Long Island, New York.

The left-wing editorial board member for The New York Times was also distressed by what she called expletives on the trucks against President Biden, describing the flag-flying Trump supporters as sending a clear message: "This is my country … not your country. I own this."

"The reality is here that we have a large percentage of the American population — I don’t know how big it is, but we have tens of millions of Trump voters who continue to believe that their rights as citizens are under threat by simple virtue of having to share the democracy with others," Gay said in response to MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski calling for an investigation into the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

"I think that as long as they see Americanness as the same as one with Whiteness, this is going to continue," Gay said, turning to race and adding that "Americanness" and "Whiteness" needed to be separated.

"I was on Long Island this weekend visiting a really dear friend, and I was really disturbed. I saw, you know, dozens and dozens of pickup trucks with explicatives [sic] against Joe Biden on the back of them, Trump flags, and in some cases just dozens of American flags, which is also just disturbing … Essentially the message was clear. This is my country. This is not your country. I own this," Gay said.

She claimed Americans would continue to see things like that until the country was ready to have the conversation about "Whiteness," adding her concern that "a large percentage of Americans" don't understand the threat that it is.

"That is the real concern. Because, you know, the Trump voters who are not going to get onboard with democracy, they’re a minority. You can marginalize them, long-term. But if we don’t take the threat seriously, then I think we’re all in really bad shape," she said

So we're clear. Using expletives to describe Biden is a no-no, after four years of "Fvck Trump". Got it.

Also, the American flag is now, apparently, a symbol of "whiteness" and will trigger people. Therefore, should I want to put a flag on my pickup, and you get triggered, I need to stop. The flag. Our country's flag.

Side note: I was actually on Long Island all weekend and didn't see anything. Of course, it's a big place and entirely possible it was elsewhere. Of course, had I actually seen a truck with a flag on it, my only thought would've been "stupid ass is wasting gas".

Some people need to get a grip...

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    MSNBC contributor Mara Gay said Tuesday that she was "disturbed" to see "dozens of American flags" flown by Donald Trump supporters during a weekend trip to Long Island, New York.

The left-wing editorial board member for The New York Times was also distressed by what she called expletives on the trucks against President Biden, describing the flag-flying Trump supporters as sending a clear message: "This is my country … not your country. I own this."

"The reality is here that we have a large percentage of the American population — I don’t know how big it is, but we have tens of millions of Trump voters who continue to believe that their rights as citizens are under threat by simple virtue of having to share the democracy with others," Gay said in response to MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski calling for an investigation into the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

"I think that as long as they see Americanness as the same as one with Whiteness, this is going to continue," Gay said, turning to race and adding that "Americanness" and "Whiteness" needed to be separated.

"I was on Long Island this weekend visiting a really dear friend, and I was really disturbed. I saw, you know, dozens and dozens of pickup trucks with explicatives [sic] against Joe Biden on the back of them, Trump flags, and in some cases just dozens of American flags, which is also just disturbing … Essentially the message was clear. This is my country. This is not your country. I own this," Gay said.

She claimed Americans would continue to see things like that until the country was ready to have the conversation about "Whiteness," adding her concern that "a large percentage of Americans" don't understand the threat that it is.

"That is the real concern. Because, you know, the Trump voters who are not going to get onboard with democracy, they’re a minority. You can marginalize them, long-term. But if we don’t take the threat seriously, then I think we’re all in really bad shape," she said

So we're clear. Using expletives to describe Biden is a no-no, after four years of "Fvck Trump". Got it.

Also, the American flag is now, apparently, a symbol of "whiteness" and will trigger people. Therefore, should I want to put a flag on my pickup, and you get triggered, I need to stop. The flag. Our country's flag.

Side note: I was actually on Long Island all weekend and didn't see anything. Of course, it's a big place and entirely possible it was elsewhere. Of course, had I actually seen a truck with a flag on it, my only thought would've been "stupid ass is wasting gas".

Some people need to get a grip...
    And then there's this;

NYC shrink tells Yale audience she fantasizes about shooting white people in head

A New York City-based psychiatrist told an audience at the Yale School of Medicine in April that she had fantasies of “unloading a revolver into the head of any white person that got in my way.”

Dr. Aruna Khilanani spewed the race-hating virtual remarks — in which she also said she’d walk away from the shooting “with a bounce in my step” and that white people “make my blood boil” and “are out of their minds and have been for a long time” — at the Ivy League institution’s Child Study Center on April 6.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/04/nyc-py...-in-yale-talk/

Comment

All whites need to hold their heads down in shame whenever they go out in public. They need to dedicate their lives to improving the lives of the people they oppress simply by virtue of their existence.

Comment

All whites need to hold their heads down in shame whenever they go out in public. They need to dedicate their lives to improving the lives of the people they oppress simply by virtue of their existence.
        You couldn’t be more triggered, could you?

It’s been hard for you since Trump lost I’m sure

Toughen up

Comment

Toughen up
          Remember old angry white guy: YOU'RE the problem.

Comment

Toughen up

When all else fails, ignore the post and go on personal attacks.

Right out of the liberal playbook.

Comment

When all else fails, ignore the post and go on personal attacks.

Right out of the liberal playbook.
              You really want a comment on the OP? Sure.

As soon as you started with “all whites must” I dismissed your post as deeply unserious because no one has the right to speak for “all” of any group like that.

Given my conclusion that the OP was “deeply unserious,” what I said was appropriate.

If you can’t stand the heat, perhaps you should leave the kitchen?

Comment

Remember old angry white guy: YOU'RE the problem.
                You are STILL triggered

Comment

You really want a comment on the OP? Sure.

As soon as you started with “all whites must” I dismissed your post as deeply unserious because no one has the right to speak for “all” of any group like that.

Given my conclusion that the OP was “deeply unserious,” what I said was appropriate.

If you can’t stand the heat, perhaps you should leave the kitchen?
                  But, wait a minute. You are not shy about speaking about PoC. You speak for women, Jews, "cons"...you name it. You speak for everyone. You know better than all, even with their life experiences contradict your own opinion.

You have always been a flip-flopper, but with the new administration and with today's culture, it's out of control. While I'm quite sure there are more hypocritical people in the world, honestly off the top of my head I can't think of one.

Comment

But, wait a minute. You are not shy about speaking about PoC. You speak for women, Jews, "cons"...you name it. You speak for everyone. You know better than all, even with their life experiences contradict your own opinion.

You have always been a flip-flopper, but with the new administration and with today's culture, it's out of control. While I'm quite sure there are more hypocritical people in the world, honestly off the top of my head I can't think of one.
                    If you are white, you are evil. You are responsible for everything bad in society. You deserve nothing. You have earning nothing. I deserve what you have.

Comment

If you are white, you are evil. You are responsible for everything bad in society. You deserve nothing. You have earning nothing. I deserve what you have.
                      The white scum will never apologize.

Comment

The white scum will never apologize.
                        If they don't give us reparations to atone for their sins, we will take what is rightfully ours.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X