Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Playing the same 4 over and over? Brilliant!
    Nobody said that, you dolt. The point is that summer “showcases” such as SilverLakes is a waste of both time and money. In HS, play in ECNL league, the required 2 ECNL showcases, Thanksgiving Surf, or Mayors Cup, or PDT, and go East for another Showcase such as IMG in year 1, and Jefferson in yr 2.

Traveling in Summer for a low level event is stupid and a waste of resources and provides little to no return. If you can get into Surf or Schwans then ok. But replace one of other later ones with it- don’t add. Absolutely no need to do more than 4 including the required 2 ECNL showcases.

Of course if you’re a mid-level team that can’t handle that level of competition it’s understandable that you’d avoid but you aren’t fooling anyone but parents. If you’re not HS age yet - calm down and save your money. You’ll be spending it soon enough.

Comment

WP has apparently cancelled all games on Sunday that kick off after 11 am due to the heat
      I think most players would have been able to handle it since they will have long breaks in between games but I imagine the tournament organizers wouldn't be able to run things all day long. Totally understand the call, but I would like clubs to consider very early games in the future when having to reschedule or cancel games because of heat. I am talking about first game at 6am.

Comment

Nobody said that, you dolt. The point is that summer “showcases” such as SilverLakes is a waste of both time and money. In HS, play in ECNL league, the required 2 ECNL showcases, Thanksgiving Surf, or Mayors Cup, or PDT, and go East for another Showcase such as IMG in year 1, and Jefferson in yr 2.

Traveling in Summer for a low level event is stupid and a waste of resources and provides little to no return. If you can get into Surf or Schwans then ok. But replace one of other later ones with it- don’t add. Absolutely no need to do more than 4 including the required 2 ECNL showcases.

Of course if you’re a mid-level team that can’t handle that level of competition it’s understandable that you’d avoid but you aren’t fooling anyone but parents. If you’re not HS age yet - calm down and save your money. You’ll be spending it soon enough.
        Dumb post. All this in a post titled Rainer Challenge?

We are so lucky to have you.

Comment

I think most players would have been able to handle it since they will have long breaks in between games but I imagine the tournament organizers wouldn't be able to run things all day long. Totally understand the call, but I would like clubs to consider very early games in the future when having to reschedule or cancel games because of heat. I am talking about first game at 6am.
          I’m sure they’ll have that in their hip pocket going forward but if you’re Whatcom and you have a 6:00 am game you aren’t going to be happy. And, if you’re a neighbor you definitely aren’t happy. It’s a difficult situation all around and one that no one could foresee for a PNW June.

Best solution is for parents to parent instead of deferring responsibility to a tournament director. If you feel that it’s too hot and dangerous to play - don’t let a tournament director dictate anything to you; pull your kid.

Comment

Ref appreciation post: My guess is that referees is the bottleneck. Already hard to find enough and many do multiple games per day during tournaments—but not when it is 100 degrees. After a day of that, I would be cooked too.

Comment

Well said

Comment

Ref appreciation post: My guess is that referees is the bottleneck. Already hard to find enough and many do multiple games per day during tournaments—but not when it is 100 degrees. After a day of that, I would be cooked too.
                That is an excellent point. Refs are probably valuable in this environment.

Comment

RAnon

That is an excellent point. Refs are probably valuable in this environment.
                  I am here to break the news of RAnon. The refs are secretly working to take over youth soccer. They know that without them, we have nothing but a bunch of friendly matches that count for nothing.

They are tired of being berated by *****holes that don't know a thing about soccer or can't see beyond their ego driven out of shape fat *****. It is a slow process, but like toilet paper during a pandemic, they are in high demand and supply is about to run out.

Comment

I am here to break the news of RAnon. The refs are secretly working to take over youth soccer. They know that without them, we have nothing but a bunch of friendly matches that count for nothing.

They are tired of being berated by *****holes that don't know a thing about soccer or can't see beyond their ego driven out of shape fat *****. It is a slow process, but like toilet paper during a pandemic, they are in high demand and supply is about to run out.
                    Wait a minute.....youth matches that have refs actually count for something......I was misinformed. When we win our division at XF challenge in two weeks I can't wait for Stanford to immediately hand my kid a scholarship on the field. In fact I demand it now that matches count for something. :)

Sorry for the humor. I agree with you. Parents berating refs are insane.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X