Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans-gender Boys playing girls soccer

Hello, my daughter has graduated from HS, but I wanted some opinions on the situation of boys who are transitioning to female being allowed to play girls soccer. If my kid was till playing and she had to play against a trans-boy who was stronger and faster than her, I would be pretty upset. I understand that trans-kids need to have the same rights as everyone else, but does that include a physical sport like soccer????

It’s just craziness. Sex is a medical/scientific term. You either have a Y chromosome or you don’t. It should matter what one “feels”. It’s just liberal identity politics gone awry. Ps, I thought the Dems were tHe party of “science”. Like everything, only when it suits them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hello, my daughter has graduated from HS, but I wanted some opinions on the situation of boys who are transitioning to female being allowed to play girls soccer. If my kid was till playing and she had to play against a trans-boy who was stronger and faster than her, I would be pretty upset. I understand that trans-kids need to have the same rights as everyone else, but does that include a physical sport like soccer????
      This is a tough question. There have been a few players my kid played on GU9 and GU10 that I had strong suspicions were boys, that were clearly way more athletic than everyone else on the team. At that age its just 8 and 9 year old soccer, but it raises some serious fairness issues. I agree in general for transgender equality of opportunity, but in these cases I'd like to see some serious consideration of the drawbacks.

Comment

It’s just craziness. Sex is a medical/scientific term. You either have a Y chromosome or you don’t. It should matter what one “feels”. It’s just liberal identity politics gone awry. Ps, I thought the Dems were tHe party of “science”. Like everything, only when it suits them.
        Plenty of science supports transgender identity as a real thing. You obviously know nothing about science.

Comment

Weplayed a tournament and team from other state had a transgender athlete who had a significant speed and strength advantage over girls on field.

Comment

Plenty of science supports transgender identity as a real thing. You obviously know nothing about science.
            Pseudoscience maybe but bone density and muscle differences between sexes are not really up for debate. Then again, we have people claiming “math is racist” nowadays so i guess any argument, no matter how silly, can be made.

Comment

if you look through these threads it seems some of the daddies on this site are transitioning into karen's with their complaints and bitchy behavior

Comment

if you look through these threads it seems some of the daddies on this site are transitioning into karen's with their complaints and bitchy behavior
                haha, good one, how about an opinion>??

Comment

It's dangerous in the mid to late teen age groups.

Comment

It's dangerous in the mid to late teen age groups.
                    It' also very rare and very unlikely your kids will ever encounter this on the field. Face it, many trans aren't exactly "sporty." More importantly - despite it being covered heavily by the media trans person are still very uncommon, trans athletes even more so. Excluding them from competitions that matter, like say state track titles (like the CT track case), is one thing. Perhaps it's best to leave them out for that. But everyday games and other things I've no issue with letting them play.

Comment

There is ZERO science that supports sex. Sex is determined by chromosomes. Not feelings. Sorry.

Signed,

A physician.

Comment

Just FYI, "transgender-boy" refers to a person who was assigned female at birth and is transitioning to male. Maybe next time, figure out what you're trying to ask before you ask it...

Comment

There is ZERO science that supports sex. Sex is determined by chromosomes. Not feelings. Sorry.

Signed,

A physician.
                          Gender identity is not about sex. Its not the same.

Comment

Weplayed a tournament and team from other state had a transgender athlete who had a significant speed and strength advantage over girls on field.

We had a transgender athlete who was terrible. Nice kid but no advantage at all.

Comment

Gender identity is not about sex. Its not the same.
                              Lol. If you want to play a boys sport (and you’re biologically a female) or vice versa. It’s is, hence the terms men’s and women’s.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X