Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is RI Surf dying?

Rumor is players are fleeing in droves...any color?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rumor is players are fleeing in droves...any color?
    There is player movement but not saying anything specifically about those who I know who are moving. Lets just say they are moving on to better pathways, nobody moving backwards just the strong players moving on as always happens in RI little clubs.

Comment

I hear parents and players are not happy about being sold a bill of goods last spring. Games in CT...absurd

Comment

Coaches leaving, players leaving. Lots of promises not kept.

Comment

Coaches leaving, players leaving. Lots of promises not kept.
          ECNL coming soon for surf... just hang on a little longer!

Comment

Keep dreaming

Comment

If an established top club like SS Select can’t get ECNL and they have a ton of talent RI Surf (GPS/Liverpool/Bayside) will never be there. This is not San Diego Surf just like the Liverpool teams are not in England it’s all RI players in different jerseys.

Comment

I hear parents and players are not happy about being sold a bill of goods last spring. Games in CT...absurd
                I'd call a 2-hour drive to play teams in MA versus a 2-hour drive to play teams in CT a toss-up, although the closer you get to NY, the worse the traffic becomes. But throw in the fact that games in CT have been without masks, and CT wins.

Comment

I'd call a 2-hour drive to play teams in MA versus a 2-hour drive to play teams in CT a toss-up, although the closer you get to NY, the worse the traffic becomes. But throw in the fact that games in CT have been without masks, and CT wins.
                  Aren't mask gone everywhere? We have a mass tournment coming without masks? Our last two RI games have been without masks.

As far as the drive. We use to drive 1 hour max into Mass. Usually less. With Surf we have had around eight - 2+ hour drives one way. Even one that was four. It has been no comparison. The drive sucks. Try doing sat and sun games with that drive. Its all day.

Comment

Aren't mask gone everywhere? We have a mass tournment coming without masks? Our last two RI games have been without masks.

As far as the drive. We use to drive 1 hour max into Mass. Usually less. With Surf we have had around eight - 2+ hour drives one way. Even one that was four. It has been no comparison. The drive sucks. Try doing sat and sun games with that drive. Its all day.

If you only drove 1 hour into mass, it was for 2 reasons. 1- U little, everyone plays in Lancaster or Taunton. 2- Your player was not on a premiership team, so the travel was not as far as you were on a lower level team. Either way. If you are with a mass nep club, you will have 2 hour drives here and there. But no, not as much as surf.

Comment

Asshats

Haha. What a bunch of frickin losers on this site.

I do get a chuckle here and there, but it doesn't matter whether it's bashing Surf, bashing Bayside, or any other club - those of you that post negative comments about competing clubs, well, you are serial losers.

And for anyone that reads this post who isn't a coach or parent trying to denigrate another team, don't take anything here seriously. Otherwise decent people lose their minds and make asses of themselves trashing other clubs and/or coaches.

Later,

Dad.

Comment

If you only drove 1 hour into mass, it was for 2 reasons. 1- U little, everyone plays in Lancaster or Taunton. 2- Your player was not on a premiership team, so the travel was not as far as you were on a lower level team. Either way. If you are with a mass nep club, you will have 2 hour drives here and there. But no, not as much as surf.
                        Correct. Lower level ccl team. Nothing wrong with that. Now top 3rd of the roster on surf top team.

Comment

Correct. Lower level ccl team. Nothing wrong with that. Now top 3rd of the roster on surf top team.

Stop it. I know top 6 on surf top team, and that team don't have 18 players. You are not top 6, the top 6 never played ccl.

Comment

Hey I'd rather have games in South Dakota every weekend than NOT playing since early May like most Bayside teams. It's 1 thing to have upper echelon teams which Bayside does not have! It's an entirely different thing to play on a BAD team and NOT even have any more games since early May. Yes Bayside, I think I'll switch my daughter over to 1 of your glorified town teams.... NOT!!

You bayside parents are living in the past. Oh wow my d's U-10 and U-11 teams were so good. I like how our club is adding players, while Bayside is losing their best players left and right.

Comment

Hey I'd rather have games in South Dakota every weekend than NOT playing since early May like most Bayside teams. It's 1 thing to have upper echelon teams which Bayside does not have! It's an entirely different thing to play on a BAD team and NOT even have any more games since early May. Yes Bayside, I think I'll switch my daughter over to 1 of your glorified town teams.... NOT!!

You bayside parents are living in the past. Oh wow my d's U-10 and U-11 teams were so good. I like how our club is adding players, while Bayside is losing their best players left and right.
                              Bayside's best players leave for ECNL and GA. Surf's best players stay so mommy and daddy can watch them play Super Liga

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X