Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Different Americas

Reporters out of Chicago are alleging that Democratic Mayor Lori Lightfoot is now granting interviews only to journalists of color.

NBC 5 Chicago political reporter Mary Ann Ahern took to Twitter on Tuesday to mark the "midway point" of Lightfoot's first term in office and apparently acknowledged her failed effort to land an interview.

"As ⁦@chicagosmayor reaches her two year midway point as mayor, her spokeswoman says Lightfoot is granting 1 on 1 interviews - only to Black or Brown journalists," Ahern tweeted.

And apparently, Ahern wasn't the only one.

"I was told the same thing," WTTW Chicago Tonight anchor and correspondent Paris Schutz reacted to Ahern's tweet.

"I can confirm," Chicago politics reporter Heather Cherone similarly tweeted.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Reporters out of Chicago are alleging that Democratic Mayor Lori Lightfoot is now granting interviews only to journalists of color.

NBC 5 Chicago political reporter Mary Ann Ahern took to Twitter on Tuesday to mark the "midway point" of Lightfoot's first term in office and apparently acknowledged her failed effort to land an interview.

"As ⁦@chicagosmayor reaches her two year midway point as mayor, her spokeswoman says Lightfoot is granting 1 on 1 interviews - only to Black or Brown journalists," Ahern tweeted.

"I was told the same thing," WTTW Chicago Tonight anchor and correspondent Paris Schutz reacted to Ahern's tweet.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I ❤️ the smallball you play.

Can you tell us where this story ran on mainstream outlets?

Because I only see it amplified places like

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021...alists-n390916

(So apropos the musings of right wing blogger Morrissey appears somewhere called “hot air”

Or

https://dailycaller.com/2021/05/19/c...black-twitter/

Given that guys employer took a position in court that no one shoud believe him.

Can you link NBC 5’a take on this story? A reporter’s personal Twitter account does not equate to news of her employer doesn’t see fit to carry the story

I’ll wait

In the meantime, please enjoy this story, backed up by real 🥩 on the 🦴

https://www.politicususa.com/2021/05...mpression=true

Comment

LOL, so you think the "mainstream" outlets would run a story that a liberal mayor only wants to other POC?

I've got some swampland in Florida for sale if you want it.

Either way, the lack of traction a story like this only showing on one set of "media outlets" and not all...only proves the point of thread: Two Different Americas.

Thanks for playing. You can go back to bed now.

Comment

LOL, so you think a story that ONLY runs on highly
        Partisan right wing outlets, including those like Tucker Carlson’s, a man whose own employer told us isn’t to be believed, is credible?

Lightly edited for accuracy ^^^^^^

Either way, the lack of traction a story like this only showing on one set of "media outlets" and not all...only proves the point of thread: Two Different Americas.[/quote]

Like this story?

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-teen-...ne-doe-1465652

Hahahahahahahahahaha….by your logic the fact ^^^ story isn’t on right wing sites makes it …..more credible

Well done moron!

Thanks for playing. You can send Trump more money and continue drinking his sperm now.
        ^^^^ lightly edited for accuracy again

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

LOL, so you think the "mainstream" outlets would run a story that a liberal mayor only wants to other POC?

Either way, the lack of traction a story like this only showing on one set of "media outlets" and not all...only proves the point of thread: Two Different Americas.

Thanks for playing. You can go back to bed now.
          Thanks for admitting the reporters own employer didn’t run that story. Could be the reporter is a burned out old hack struggling for attention. Who could really know?

Comment

Thanks for admitting the reporters own employer didn’t run that story. Could be the reporter is a burned out old hack struggling for attention. Who could really know?
            Her bio says she's been with the station since 1989. So, probably yes

Comment

lol she interviewed Lightfoot last year (link) and has made a lot of digs at the Chicago Mayor. Shocking that maybe the Mayor doesn't want to talk to her any longer?

https://www.nbcchicago.com/top-video...nbc-5/2274747/

Comment

How does an unfounded claim of bias (which seems to be more like two people who just don't like each other) mean there's "Two Americas"? Cons are always trying to create controversy when none exists, especially if race is involved in the supposed story

Comment

How does it matter? Multiple reporters were told they won't be given face time to a very liberal mayor. The rest is just semantics/goalpost shifting.

Two different Americas.

Comment

lol she interviewed Lightfoot last year (link) and has made a lot of digs at the Chicago Mayor. Shocking that maybe the Mayor doesn't want to talk to her any longer?

https://www.nbcchicago.com/top-video...nbc-5/2274747/
                    Thanks for checking into that.

Whenever I see one of these con “outrage” stories that seems to run on hundreds of shi**y right wing sites, I know that talking points propaganda has been sent out to the cons.

The fact this reporter got an interview last year closes the story. Lots of reporters in Chicago and time for someone else to get a “one on one.”

NBC 5 would have found that story irresistible had it been true.

Comment

How does it matter? Multiple reporters were told they won't be given face time to a very liberal mayor. The rest is just semantics/goalpost shifting.

Two different Americas.
                      It matters if they both got one on one interviews with Lightfoot just like Ahern!

You mentioned Paris Schutz. Here is his interview with lightfoot

https://www.pbs.org/video/mayor-lori...erview-qqjjo9/

26 minutes worth !

Here is an interview Heather Cherone’s station did with Lightfoot. That’s her byline there ….

https://news.wttw.com/2020/04/28/lig...us-pushes-back

Cons you are WEAK!

Your 🐀 fuc* stories don’t work anymore….hahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Two different Americas.
                        You would, of course, say that now that your story has been thoroughly debunked

Comment

You would, of course, say that now that your story has been thoroughly debunked
                          How was it debunked? A few reporters they were told she wouldn't give an interview to them. One specifically said it was due to their skin color.

How/why people run with stories, as we know, has as much to do with what message they want to get out vs. what the truth is. That's not a liberal slam, or a conservative slam...it's a media/society slam.

We have two different Americas.

Comment

Democrats want as many Americas as possible -- i.e., they want as much hatred and division between groups as possible. If people envy and hate others, they not only want other people's stuff, but they also think they deserve it. That combination increases the market for the Democrats' primary product -- redistribution.

Comment

How was it debunked? A few reporters they were told she wouldn't give an interview to them. One specifically said it was due to their skin color.

How/why people run with stories, as we know, has as much to do with what message they want to get out vs. what the truth is. That's not a liberal slam, or a conservative slam...it's a media/society slam.

We have two different Americas.
                              Did any of the reporters mention by name who their source was? And I don’t mean “the mayor’s spokesperson.”

A name.

Or are you building your case on an anonymous source used by reporter(s) who have had one-on-one interviews with the mayor?

How does this look like anything but a couple reporters trying to cut to the front of the line to get access when their own employer’s aren’t getting behind what they are saying?

You rushed in here breathlessly with all that because you want to attack Lightfoot based on other issues you have with her.

Draw me a diagram about how I am “wrong” but that means you need to put 🥩 on the 🦴 and track down the person who said this to these reporters so we might evaluate credibility.

Let me know when you’ve done your homework / due diligence and we can talk further

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X