Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I guess you consider community college soccer is an achievement.Look at the roster of the ECNl boys team, they are mostly skinny unathletic white and asian kids on the team. I bet the parents on here chose soccer for their kids because you knew that they can't compete with others in basketball and football.
    Jordan Morris was a skinny white boy who played at Eastside. I didn't know white and Asian dudes can't play soccer. Stupid racist. And, obviously knows nothing about playing college ball. Why are you here?

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerJBL View Post
      Wow.

First of all it's youth soccer. Kids. Imagine what it would be like if one of them from any club came here an read all this.

Second, I am a Gunners parent. Is Gunners the club with the most talent around? No. But who is? Who dominates in all ages and all divisions? Gunners boys usually play up an age in spring. Gunners girls win Best of the Best at San Diego Surf.

Fact is, US soccer - and WA is a lot politics by adults at the expense of the kids. I stay with Gunners because of the culture and the coaches. My son could go play at any of the other clubs and we have been contacted. He has been to id2 and EPD camps and we have seen soccer at the top levels outside of WA. I say this not to brag but to point out that youth soccer is more than club level and nobody is coming to WA to scout anyone in any club games.

RCL clubs went to ECNL when DA folded - there was no other option. Not only did they go to ECNL but doing that bailed on WAYS and USYS.

EAL is partnering with MLS Elite (not called next anymore) just like GAL is partnering on the women's side. EAL is established in two regions of the country already. In the coming weeks I'm sure more announcements will be coming.

See you at Gunners tryouts.
      Corrrection: DA folded after DA clubs went to ECNL. All of WA made the switch prior to DA folding, which happened after Covid hit.

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerJBL View Post
        Wow.

First of all it's youth soccer. Kids. Imagine what it would be like if one of them from any club came here an read all this.

Second, I am a Gunners parent. Is Gunners the club with the most talent around? No. But who is? Who dominates in all ages and all divisions? Gunners boys usually play up an age in spring. Gunners girls win Best of the Best at San Diego Surf.

Fact is, US soccer - and WA is a lot politics by adults at the expense of the kids. I stay with Gunners because of the culture and the coaches. My son could go play at any of the other clubs and we have been contacted. He has been to id2 and EPD camps and we have seen soccer at the top levels outside of WA. I say this not to brag but to point out that youth soccer is more than club level and nobody is coming to WA to scout anyone in any club games.

RCL clubs went to ECNL when DA folded - there was no other option. Not only did they go to ECNL but doing that bailed on WAYS and USYS.

EAL is partnering with MLS Elite (not called next anymore) just like GAL is partnering on the women's side. EAL is established in two regions of the country already. In the coming weeks I'm sure more announcements will be coming.

See you at Gunners tryouts.
        What are his goals and dreams? If it is to play soccer at a higher level, I would question playing at a lower level. I hope you think about this. My son would prefer to be the worst on the team and be challenged. How do you know what the culture is like anywhere else, or do you, and you left because he didn't make the ECNL and moved where he could be the star of the team? It takes hard work to play at higher levels. If he wants it, and puts in the work, he will get it when it's time. This Elite Academy is a name. See YOU at tryouts.

Comment

LOL. You must be an ignorant ECNL daddy trying sound tough online. Its true that ECNL boys are mostly wealthy boys that cant compete with the Academy kids.I agree with you that Gunners are similar to ECNL(same demographics).At least most of the academy players are minorities.
          Where do you think the Academy recruits its players? Go look at Sounders...mostly local kids coming from the big clubs. Scouts come to watch. They take the best from each club at age 14 and up.

Comment

LOL. You must be an ignorant ECNL daddy trying sound tough online. Its true that ECNL boys are mostly wealthy boys that cant compete with the Academy kids.I agree with you that Gunners are similar to ECNL(same demographics).At least most of the academy players are minorities.
            Did you just correlate white with rich and minority with poor? Hmm...please, just, stop, now. You don't even know any players there do you?

Comment

These boards are why I pulled my talented son out of soccer , two faced slimy back stabbing trolls who wont even understand that their kids are not even close to being a high standard player . Especially with the crash and bang soccer we play here and the mechanical nature of the practices . They can make average players look competent but not great . True talent is stifled and told to fall in line , in effect no matter what league they conjure up , be it Rcl ,DA ,pspl none are fit for purpose and only there to extract money from gullible parents , find yourself a club that doesnt take itself too seriously and doesnt try to sell you blue sky and most importantly let your kids enjoy themselves . I played at a high level and my greatest memories were not of playing for an academy but of playing with my friends at the younger age groups .
              Sad. My son gets to make his own choices when it comes to his passion. This isn't about us, the parents, or even the coaches. It's not about living vicariously through them, or feeding our egos. They learn discipline, hard work, heartache, passion, disappointment, friendship, teamwork, excitement, all wrapped up. Those are priceless life lessons. Why are you here? You're so upset you "pulled him out of soccer" due to your anger? Let him play and let it be about him instead of what you want. My son was disappointed over and over not making the team he wanted and was happy to be on his team, both. That's life.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Most ECNL players "are not going to play pro or college ball?" Maybe not pro, but college yes, unless they don't want to. Not sure what reality you are living in.
                Most means more than 50%, and more than 50% of ECNL players do not play college soccer. If you consider D1 and D2 programs only, the percentage is very small, 1-2 players a year, per club.

Comment

What are his goals and dreams? If it is to play soccer at a higher level, I would question playing at a lower level. I hope you think about this. My son would prefer to be the worst on the team and be challenged. How do you know what the culture is like anywhere else, or do you, and you left because he didn't make the ECNL and moved where he could be the star of the team? It takes hard work to play at higher levels. If he wants it, and puts in the work, he will get it when it's time. This Elite Academy is a name. See YOU at tryouts.
                  3/16/21 is the date of the post you quoted. That's some serious time spent in the wayback machine.

Comment

Crossfire parent here. It is expected, at least from everyone outside of gunners. In fact I think they are even getting more comfortable with their own mediocrity- while they entered almost all their top teams they only entered the top division a handful of times. Im only including 11v11 play below because nobody cares about how good your team is playing 7v7. And only teams in top division.

2008 boys http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...roupID=1026260

2007 boys http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...roupID=1026263

2009 girls http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...roupID=1026287

2007 girls: http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...roupID=1026293

2006 girls: http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...roupID=1026296

They got smoked.

Again, they were in almost all the age groups, but those are the only ones in the top division I could find. To be fair, the 2010 girls made a semifinal, but their neighbors at Eastside got the best of them 4-1 and then went on to win the age group:

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...roupID=1026284

ISC should merge with Eastside FC or bring back Jimmy Ball. Not having ECNL is killing them, and EAL and trips to play bad teams in Idaho and Montana is not the answer. I have to believe they will have families leave as a result of the unnecessary travel.
                    It’s a shame clubs try to capitalize on bitter parents whose kids don’t make top teams. Bigger player pool = bigger opportunity for player growth, and playing with equally matched players. This is something Gunners and other PSPL teams don’t have. Top to bottom of team has a bigger disparity and hinders development. I agree. Clubs like this should work together, at the very least, to provide the right environment for each player.

Comment

Corrrection: DA folded after DA clubs went to ECNL. All of WA made the switch prior to DA folding, which happened after Covid hit.
                      'fraid you're wrong there. When US Soccer pulled the plug and surprised everyone (including many of their own staff), ALL the DA clubs were left scrambling to find a home. Many landed in ECNL, others GAL.

Comment

'fraid you're wrong there. When US Soccer pulled the plug and surprised everyone (including many of their own staff), ALL the DA clubs were left scrambling to find a home. Many landed in ECNL, others GAL.
                        It was a bit different between the boys and girls side but this is not correct on the boys side at all. When DA folded only XF was left (non Sounders) and only at a couple of age groups.

Comment

It was a bit different between the boys and girls side but this is not correct on the boys side at all. When DA folded only XF was left (non Sounders) and only at a couple of age groups.
                          Thanks for the insight/clarification, I stand corrected.

Comment

Anyone know much about the gunners 06 girls team? The female coach apparently quit 3 weeks ago

Comment

Anyone know much about the gunners 06 girls team? The female coach apparently quit 3 weeks ago
                              Not sure what happened. They used to be a solid team, but last time I looked were getting hammered in GA.

Comment

ISC Gunners getting trounced in EA League:

https://system.gotsport.com/org_event/events/9842

Really every boys age group except U19 where they are in 4th.

Elite? How much fun is it to go to Boise, Portland, Spokane, and the soccer Mecca of Bonney Lake to get smoked?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X