Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post

So basically the "town soccer" of 20-30 years ago was renamed to be "club soccer" today, with the primary intent of charging a lot of money for a product that used to be just as good in quality and practically free. I get it.
    If you talk to anyone that was an elite player 20-30 years ago, they would readily admit that the skills of today’s young players is vastly superior to what they could do back then. I had a UNC national championship player from that era tell a few of us that a couple of years ago. Even my kid now (playing in college) says that she’s amazed at the skills of U9’s and U10’s she coaches at clinics.

All that development is a function of superior coaching at younger ages, and it’s more from the clubs than from former football playing dads back in the 80’s or 90’s.

Comment

Ever think it’s not a money based decision. Club soccer is available to anyone, every club gives scholarships to those in need. Others choose to pay their money for a service they want. Same as you pay a service for your phone. Is town soccer free? Don’t think so. Might be cheaper but you get what you pay for.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X