Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winning, Confederate General Robert E. Lee statue REMOVED

done done done!!! this is what Winning is. Thank you Mr Trump, lets contiue to win some more.

The Logical Voice

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    done done done!!! this is what Winning is. Thank you Mr Trump, lets contiue to win some more.

I've never understood why so many choose to revel and honor those who were essentially traitors to the Union and fought against the Constitution. Defeated Southern generals and politicians being revered simply sends the message that they should have won. Is that the message that was needed or needed now? I find the same issue with this honoring of the Confederate flag.

Before those conservatives here go nuts on me, I also take issue with the wearing of the American flag as clothing or adornments. Putting an American flag patch on the back of your shorts and then sitting your fat ass on it is hardly honoring a symbol of our nation.

Comment

I've never understood why so many choose to revel and honor those who were essentially traitors to the Union and fought against the Constitution. Defeated Southern generals and politicians being revered simply sends the message that they should have won. Is that the message that was needed or needed now? I find the same issue with this honoring of the Confederate flag.

Before those conservatives here go nuts on me, I also take issue with the wearing of the American flag as clothing or adornments. Putting an American flag patch on the back of your shorts and then sitting your fat ass on it is hardly honoring a symbol of our nation.
      Agree.

I heard Trump wants the Statue placed in Mar Lago.

Comment

Agree.

I heard Trump wants the Statue placed in Mar Lago.
        He doesn't know who Robert E. Lee is. His handlers tell him-"just say Robert E. Lee a lot and that you love him and the Trumpkins will LOVE IT". So he does, and they do. Sheep

Comment

Winning, Confederate General Robert E. Lee statue REMOVED

He doesn't know who Robert E. Lee is. His handlers tell him-"just say Robert E. Lee a lot and that you love him and the Trumpkins will LOVE IT". So he does, and they do. Sheep
          this is all funny rhetoric coming from liberals and democrats that were fighting for slavery during the civil war. while trashing the republican party that was established to fight slavery.

FYI, Robert E. Lee was Lincolns first choice to lead the union army. Lee had to unfortunately decline only because in those days people had more loyalty to their state (virginia joined the confederacy) rather than the relatively new United States.

Lees statues are up not because he was the main general in the confederacy but because he is regarded by many as arguably the greatest military general in the history of our planet. (ask any military historian). Its a shame he could not fight against the democrats and confederacy. The war would have not lasted as long as it did.

Comment

it was a Union of states- and some states disagreed with what Lincoln wanted- back then people were virginians before they were Americans you cant apply post civil war intentions and sentiments to pre civil war sentiments

Lincoln ,Rep, passed emancipation in his first term
            when up for reelection he ran against a famous general who ran as a democrat named McClelland whose platform was to rescind emancipation in exchange for peace with the South- that's right trade slavery for peace

hiding from the past simply lets you make the same mistakes again and again

Comment

this is all funny rhetoric coming from liberals and democrats that were fighting for slavery during the civil war. while trashing the republican party that was established to fight slavery.

FYI, Robert E. Lee was Lincolns first choice to lead the union army. Lee had to unfortunately decline only because in those days people had more loyalty to their state (virginia joined the confederacy) rather than the relatively new United States.

Lees statues are up not because he was the main general in the confederacy but because he is regarded by many as arguably the greatest military general in the history of our planet. (ask any military historian). Its a shame he could not fight against the democrats and confederacy. The war would have not lasted as long as it did.
              Funny how you think the GOP is still the party of Lincoln.

Comment

Funny how you think the GOP is still the party of Lincoln.
                funny how you dont think the dems are still the party of Nathan Bedford Forrest
                the plantation just looks different

Comment

funny how you dont think the dems are still the party of Nathan Bedford Forrest
                  the plantation just looks different
                  Statue is down, nuff said...Those Racist Neo Nationalists Look real stupid right about now knowing that their “ Unite the Alt Right March” accomplished nothing.

Comment

Robert E. Lee was also a committed slaveholder. That may have had something to do with hit.

Notice also that history tells us the segregationist Democrats eventually had to leave the party because they were vehemently opposed to Civil Rights and desegregation. They found a welcoming home in the Republican party.

Maybe to a southern military historian, but many historians around the planet would disagree. What he actually did was stand up for the "lost cause," aka a white society based i[on slavery, by fighting an insurrectionist war against the United States.

Comment

The History Channel has a good documentary on Grant (available on demand now). I had no idea his wife's family owned slaves, putting him in the thick of the it all. His history has been largely ignored and partly falsely rewritten.
                      It was a good watch at a time when we see some things haven't changed much.

Comment

The History Channel has a good documentary on Grant (available on demand now). I had no idea his wife's family owned slaves, putting him in the thick of the it all. His history has been largely ignored and partly falsely rewritten.
                        Could have been a great teaching moment. Instead of ripping down the statue, why not put facts on it. To be fair, half the blacks in the state don’t know anything about grant. Half the white kids too! History is meant to be learned from, not erased.

Comment

Could have been a great teaching moment. Instead of ripping down the statue, why not put facts on it. To be fair, half the blacks in the state don’t know anything about grant. Half the white kids too! History is meant to be learned from, not erased.
                          Horse left that barn years ago when all the “very fine people” in Charlottesville rioted and killed over a confederate statue.

That was a “teaching moment”’for most of us. They should have been torn down then but for lickspittle cons with AR’s but given recent events the far right just doesn’t have the juice it once did

So the statues come down NOW and you can just cry more about it

Comment

We might better focus on closer racists of today.

Case in point - that cockroach Rand Paul putting a hold on an anti *****ing Bill then lecturing senators of color about it

Closet racist of today. Cons love to live in past but only when it suits them

Comment

They’ve been up since the Charlottesville incident. Why didn’t you use them as a teaching moment instead of rallying behind them ? Maybe we wouldn’t be here now

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X