Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    the USWNT unfortunately does not see what the bigger picture is, and they publicly align with one party and one POV and specifically alienate people with more traditional values. The result is that they reduce an already small % of the total population that might care about them or attend. And as someone else pointed out the people they seem to alienate the most are the ones who would actually spend money at sports events. It is beyond crazy that no one has pointed out the simple math to the team management, NWSL, players, etc. You are out there aligning with causes and people who do not spend money at sports events.
    Your parents probably had similar opinions about Jackie Robinson, yet today we (and probably even you) unflinchingly recognize the heroism to break down the color barrier. Why are the topics they fight for any different? The difference here you are missing is that the national team is not a business, it’s partially bankrolled by tax payers. Even if it were a publicly traded business, the same social justice topics would be raised because it’s not in the best interest of share holders or management to project apathy on these topics because it turns off future revenue channels and creates uncontrolled image issues. Believe it or not, but your ideas are a minority. JW Hogg ideals will never catch fire in this country.

Comment

Great, still dont care! Typical Lib ... the rest of us can have any opinion we want as long as it jibes with your agenda and you ok it ... otherwise, cast aspersions and slander people with negative terms like homophobe, racist ..... Get used to it, we are sick of your warped views of everything and everyone else.
      You certain can have an opinion, but I think you realize by now that many people you use to know have drifted further from you. There’s a reason for this. No one wants to be around someone who’s constantly parroting right wing tropes and spending every minute of every day being angry at something. It’s exhausting to listen to.

Comment

Your parents probably had similar opinions about Jackie Robinson, yet today we (and probably even you) unflinchingly recognize the heroism to break down the color barrier. Why are the topics they fight for any different? The difference here you are missing is that the national team is not a business, it’s partially bankrolled by tax payers. Even if it were a publicly traded business, the same social justice topics would be raised because it’s not in the best interest of share holders or management to project apathy on these topics because it turns off future revenue channels and creates uncontrolled image issues. Believe it or not, but your ideas are a minority. JW Hogg ideals will never catch fire in this country.
        Are we really comparing jackie robinson breaking a color barrier to wanting biological men to go to bathrooms with girls or play female sports?

Comment

Are we really comparing jackie robinson breaking a color barrier to wanting biological men to go to bathrooms with girls or play female sports?
          Again please contact your parents and ask them if they missed using the whites only restrooms in the 50’s. I bet they do and they’ve passed on the ignorant gene to you. The only one fretting about boys playing girls sports is Fox News. The rest of us don’t care because no one is really rallying around that cause. They are using their podium to recognize gender equality not blur the lines in competition - you and Fox are conflating these topics just the the kneeling which was about blacks getting the sheet kicked out of the during everyday traffic stops, not some diss of the flag or veterans.

You have to put the Tucker down and step back into the real world. They just run these trumped up news stories about a college athlete to get you fired up every night. Meanwhile that miserable athlete is usually a non-competitive participant and isn’t earning points for their swim or track team, but this is glossed over by your overlords. Olympic committee and NCAA are pretty clear about qualifications/rules for participation.

Comment

I honestly could care less about having girls in the men’s room. If all stalls are private in a women’s room (which they are) does it effing matter? Oh wait you never stopped to think that through - I just blew your mind. This isn’t a urinal to urinal situation. Even a bio female in the men’s room is going to need some serious work to be able to use a urinal. I’m not worried and neither should you be if they are only capable of using the sh_itter.

Comment

FYI, I'm as lib as they get. But people have lost ALL MANNER OF sensibility. And frankly, it's really men just walking all over women--only now they are men claiming to be women. In locker rooms women don't use private stalls necessarily to strip down. It's not just about peeing or pooing. A swimmer who had to compete with Lia Thomas describes him fully stripping down in front of all the women with his man bits fully on display. I HATE that now when we go to the women's dress department in Macy's or wherever, there are BOYS AND MEN in flimsy changing stalls right next trying on dresses--AND trying on the dresses that WE try on. Ugh. COME ON. I'm so done with this. And while we're at it, can dads and boyfriends not go to PROM dress shops to ogle their daughters and girlfriends while they AND ALL THE OTHER GIRLS IN THE REGION, try on prom dresses? So, it's not just the trans women it's also the sis guys. Just get out.

Comment

I honestly could care less about having girls in the men’s room. If all stalls are private in a women’s room (which they are) does it effing matter? Oh wait you never stopped to think that through - I just blew your mind. This isn’t a urinal to urinal situation. Even a bio female in the men’s room is going to need some serious work to be able to use a urinal. I’m not worried and neither should you be if they are only capable of using the sh_itter.
                I cant tell if this is actually serious or not.

Comment

FYI, I'm as lib as they get. But people have lost ALL MANNER OF sensibility. And frankly, it's really men just walking all over women--only now they are men claiming to be women. In locker rooms women don't use private stalls necessarily to strip down. It's not just about peeing or pooing. A swimmer who had to compete with Lia Thomas describes him fully stripping down in front of all the women with his man bits fully on display. I HATE that now when we go to the women's dress department in Macy's or wherever, there are BOYS AND MEN in flimsy changing stalls right next trying on dresses--AND trying on the dresses that WE try on. Ugh. COME ON. I'm so done with this. And while we're at it, can dads and boyfriends not go to PROM dress shops to ogle their daughters and girlfriends while they AND ALL THE OTHER GIRLS IN THE REGION, try on prom dresses? So, it's not just the trans women it's also the sis guys. Just get out.
                  Do you live in Norwalk or something? This isn’t anything we see in central CT.

Comment

Well maybe don’t vote for gross democrats who brought this to you. Democrats are a disgusting lot and this is just one more example.

Comment

Well maybe don’t vote for gross democrats who brought this to you. Democrats are a disgusting lot and this is just one more example.
                      Dude most trans vote Republican. I think it’s the lack of a policy or flexible morals that attract them.

Comment

Alex Morgan is awesome and hot. Grand Central has nothing on her.

Comment

I guess Alex Morgan is amazing: https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/202...er-of-the-year

Comment

She used to be very good. Her speed was one of her assets, but now she is much slower, her first touch has deteriorated and she gets pushed around a lot. She scored a great goal in the last US game so credit to her for that but on the whole, she is not what she used to be. We will see how she does in the World Cup. The US will definitely reach the knockout round but it’s not going to be a cake walk after that.

Comment

She used to be very good. Her speed was one of her assets, but now she is much slower, her first touch has deteriorated and she gets pushed around a lot. She scored a great goal in the last US game so credit to her for that but on the whole, she is not what she used to be. We will see how she does in the World Cup. The US will definitely reach the knockout round but it’s not going to be a cake walk after that.
                              Seems like she still is because FIFA deemed her the second best in the world.

Comment

Seems like she still is because FIFA deemed her the second best in the world.
                                That was based partly on fan votes. Cmon.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X